Mergers

Stormcrow

Yes they are, didn't you read the OP of the thread?

He laid down the basic guidelines and the USA & Nordland are following them. Neither are controlling other RPers military, killing off our players, ending nations, and we have the historical, logical or regional reason to do so.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd only start doing things when regulations, restrictions and whatnot are clarified.

Honestly, V, Subtle, and LVN, Voodoo is right, they have been legalised, calm down man. All people are pissed off about is that Nordland is back, and the only thing they're complaining about is us missing one single thread. I mean hell, at least we've got the same culture and actually had relations with each other, look at the USA! All they did was create a thread messaging all the nations of the US with, "Hey, although we don't know you or have anything in common with you, we want to create a union where you'll be reduced to a state." And don't tell me ANY of you have no bias.

I can give you that example of bias, because it is strong in this thread. Why the $%&@ does everyone get all OOC up in arms and start whining every time something doesn't go their way? Why don't you all just sit tight and be quiet, you haven't even seen Nordland in action yet and you're already complaining.

Quite frankly Vince, I don't give a !@#$ about who's merging or not - you're giving Nordland far too much credit. Anyways, the reason why I "got up in arms" in that we already have people merging in mega nations left and right while the rules and limitations are not even clear yet! All we have so far is four really loose "common sense" rules, and the last time mergers were around, there was a complete lack of such.

I wish if people would just WAIT until everything is CLEAR. That is all.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, V, Subtle, and LVN, Voodoo is right, they have been legalised, calm down man. All people are pissed off about is that Nordland is back, and the only thing they're complaining about is us missing one single thread. I mean hell, at least we've got the same culture and actually had relations with each other, look at the USA! All they did was create a thread messaging all the nations of the US with, "Hey, although we don't know you or have anything in common with you, we want to create a union where you'll be reduced to a state." And don't tell me ANY of you have no bias.

I can give you that example of bias, because it is strong in this thread. Why the $%&@ does everyone get all OOC up in arms and start whining every time something doesn't go their way? Why don't you all just sit tight and be quiet, you haven't even seen Nordland in action yet and you're already complaining.

Actually, all American nations have sonething in common. We're American, and America has only been divided once, for 5 years.

Quite frankly Vince, I don't give a !@#$ about who's merging or not - you're giving Nordland far too much credit. Anyways, the reason why I "got up in arms" in that we already have people merging in mega nations left and right while the rules and limitations are not even clear yet! All we have so far is four really loose "common sense" rules, and the last time mergers were around, there was a complete lack of such.

I would hardly say we're having mergers right and left. We have had one so far and one in the works.

As the OP says, a merger must "4. Have either a historic, logical, regional, or very well roleplayed reason to them." Now Nordland clearly has a historical, logical and regional reason and they are still RPing the rest out.

They are hardly a mega nation since they already have a historical, logical and regional reason behind them. A mega nation would be Viniland, Tahoe, Canada and some other North American nations thrown in for good measure. However, we have no reason to merge and Nordland does.

They aren't particularly large and except for acting like a single nation and having a common foreign policy, they still are RPing separate militaries, as mandated.

The only real issue up in the air is how to deal with tech, which shouldn't be any different than any other tech trading issue. Honestly, the community is way overreacting.

I would hardly say we're having mergers right and left. We have had one so far and one in the works.

And there is a second one that is almost done, too.

But still, I will stick by what I said. People could use some waiting time and then RP their stuff. It is bothersome how some will just go on and do their thing before a consensus is reached and made clear.

And there is a second one that is almost done, too.

But still, I will stick by what I said. People could use some waiting time and then RP their stuff. It is bothersome how some will just go on and do their thing before a consensus is reached and made clear.

The second one that is almost done is the one in the works.

Unless I totally missed one. :v:

The second one that is almost done is the one in the works.

Unless I totally missed one. :v:

Well, with a constitution on the drafting stage and pretty much all members consenting to the union... that's advanced stage, dare I say.

Anyways, I'm out of this thread. I'd reckon it's going nowhere now.

Hell just froze over, I fully and completely agree with LVN here.

Well, not really the same for me, but I too agree.

Europe has been divided several times in the last couple of years. Your recent history means nothing to me. You changed entire cultures to the same one in the matter of 3 Months (3 RP years.) Not to mention Merger used the USA as an example. The USA is not a nation based off of culture, but off of strength in unity.

Your opinion isnt bias? Why dont you just sit tight and be quiet and let the rules come in before you and the NC @#$% things up...again. We have a right to complain, last time mergers were in effect they ruined RP for some of us for months. Damn right I'm bias and I still @#$%ing hate them.

Actually, all American nations have sonething in common. We're American, and America has only been divided once, for 5 years.

Thank you.

Working on two right now.

As the OP says, a merger must "4. Have either a historic, logical, regional, or very well roleplayed reason to them." Now Nordland clearly has a historical, logical and regional reason and they are still RPing the rest out.

historically, the only people who should stand united are Africa, Russia, South America, and North America. The rest of the regions have been divided since recently.

They are hardly a mega nation since they already have a historical, logical and regional reason behind them. A mega nation would be Viniland, Tahoe, Canada and some other North American nations thrown in for good measure. However, we have no reason to merge and Nordland does.

What reason? Do they have a problem RPing thier own nations or something?

Honestly, who really was surprised that martens made the first merger. Seriously. Speak up.

Its been what, a week? We've had two mergers in the start up phases, and everyone and their pet rock knows Mael will want his dragon empire back again, and of course there are all the other old mergers that people will want back.

You don't have to be psychic to predict where this goes.

As soon as I read the OP, I knew Nordland was coming back. Despite these new rules, it's just another way for smaller nations to exploit loopholes, take shortcuts and boost up to the levels they shouldn't be at. Last time they were just cop outs.

Why can't you people just RP at your nation strength and tech level? I did it for a long time and still do. When I was weak, I RP'd weak. Now that I'm moderate, I RP moderate. Tech sharing is one thing (which I still don't like but that may just be me), but merging is just a new way for people who can't handle their nations being small to beat the system to get them up in the 60K range.

I don't care how long you've been RPing, your IG nation is your IG nation. Don't complain about IG wars, you can freeze your stats. Just deal with what you've got.

As soon as I read the OP, I knew Nordland was coming back. Despite these new rules, it's just another way for smaller nations to exploit loopholes, take shortcuts and boost up to the levels they shouldn't be at. Last time they were just cop outs.

Why can't you people just RP at your nation strength and tech level? I did it for a long time and still do. When I was weak, I RP'd weak. Now that I'm moderate, I RP moderate. Tech sharing is one thing (which I still don't like but that may just be me), but merging is just a new way for people who can't handle their nations being small to beat the system to get them up in the 60K range.

I don't care how long you've been RPing, your IG nation is your IG nation. Don't complain about IG wars, you can freeze your stats. Just deal with what you've got.

I agree with this. Look at me, I'm using old technology and it's fun.

Ubersteinia used 1980's computers and punchcards. Old technology is fun to work with.

Ubersteinia used 1980's computers and punchcards. Old technology is fun to work with.

I suppose it would be. And if you know it well enough, you can still beat someone with twice your tech, at least RP-wise. :D

Well, not really the same for me, but I too agree.

Europe has been divided several times in the last couple of years. Your recent history means nothing to me. You changed entire cultures to the same one in the matter of 3 Months (3 RP years.) Not to mention Merger used the USA as an example. The USA is not a nation based off of culture, but off of strength in unity.

And Nordland can't be?

Your opinion isnt bias? Why dont you just sit tight and be quiet and let the rules come in before you and the NC @#$% things up...again. We have a right to complain, last time mergers were in effect they ruined RP for some of us for months. Damn right I'm bias and I still @#$%ing hate them.

Thank you.

We all have bias. Hell, we were sitting tight and waiting for the rules to come in, and we had been approved for Nordland to come in, and mergers were allowed. It's only now that you guys are yelling louder that mergers are back. After they had been allowed. The rules about mergers have changed, so why don't you just sit tight and wait for them to have some time before spouting off. I think the USA and GN could be good mergers.

And Nordland can't be?

If you say the "USA" is a merger, then anyone can merge. They merged not for power, but for protection (there is a difference). Meaning I can merge with Someone in south America and Japan and call it a country. The only reason the 13 colonies decided each other was because they just worked together in a war and were right next to one another. In modern times, you dont need to be right next to one another to merge since trading and communicating is as easy as a push of a button. No other mergers were really successful other than in the middle east where they use them to gain power over others. Not to mention very loose.

If Nordland merges, I'd like to see Africa(2PAC) Merge, Comintern, South America, and Russia merge. Doubt that many people want to cheat though.

This is an opinion thread, its all bias. I've always been yelling it. Most of the people doing it now, have been doing it in this thread and the last one. I think they would be great merges, but I dont care since I dont want merges in CNRP.

We all have bias. Hell, we were sitting tight and waiting for the rules to come in, and we had been approved for Nordland to come in, and mergers were allowed. It's only now that you guys are yelling louder that mergers are back. After they had been allowed. The rules about mergers have changed, so why don't you just sit tight and wait for them to have some time before spouting off. I think the USA and GN could be good mergers.

If you think we're yelling louder just because they are back, you haven't been paying attention very well. Those that are opposed to them now are the same ones who were opposed to them before.

There are some people (not including myself) that don't like RPing older technology, and perfer to RP modern technology because they know modern technology better than older technology.

You like it. There are those that do not like old technology at all.

Guys, this entire thread will not end because of opinions. Opinions will not go away, and there are no real end-of-thread arguments. The mods have thrown us a final ball; let the mergers use the current rules and see where that goes. If it goes in a very bad direction and resulting in "cheating", then no more mergers at all. If this turns out to be good, then mergers stay and CNRP continues. Have some patience. Besides, what if someone just likes (and is good at) one type of thing in RP, like calculations and data, but doesn't like and/or is not good at the other aspects in RP?

It can be noted that the moderator's will be keeping a better eye on mergers than before. All of the opinions against mergers that I've seen have not considered the actions of moderators; they are not stupid, and will take action of a merger tries to do something ridiculous.

Edited by JerreyRough

If you say the "USA" is a merger, then anyone can merge. They merged not for power, but for protection (there is a difference). Meaning I can merge with Someone in south America and Japan and call it a country. The only reason the 13 colonies decided each other was because they just worked together in a war and were right next to one another.

As so are the countries that formed greater Nordland.

As so are the countries that formed greater Nordland.

You didnt even pay attention to anything else I said You are just looking to pick and choose words to support your case. You answered nothing and have addressed no problem.