Re: Valhalla

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cloud, you are really not doin yourself and by default Valhalla any favors here.

Not to mention you are out of line in posting what you ARE posting.

Im all for posting ones mind by folks but there are lines one shouldnt cross, in public or priv but especially public.

In so saying that I dont want ANY more Valhallans to post in this thread.

Cloud, you are really not doin yourself and by default Valhalla any favors here.

Not to mention you are out of line in posting what you ARE posting.

Im all for posting ones mind by folks but there are lines one shouldnt cross, in public or priv but especially public.

In so saying that I dont want ANY more Valhallans to post in this thread.

Bid your time chefjoe, soon as tpf handles our current skirmish, we're coming or you and that horrible ooc attack in your sig :D

And the terms will be one hundred three hour deals!

65 Pages of this, and still going on? Are you serious..

everyone knows STA, and MK and a select few others aren't happy with these terms, we know it saddens you guys that Valhalla wasn't totally destroyed( that wouldn't ever happen anyways), so why sit here for 65 pages and bawwwwww.. the same arguement.. seriously. move on to some other news..

All you cry about Kronos and Umbrella, and PC, and there lack of harshness.. but honestly there the most honorable outta your whole Karma Bloc.. The point is, if you want people to feel you past pains, or feel for you past pains, do it a more respectable way, instead of sitting here just BAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...

ZMOG, Can this be true.. One person knows how to read between the lines and pick out the true point of the post..

I 0/ you Kilkenny for seeing my point, that others seem to be unable to see..

Also, Just to let yall know, you can cry to pansy all you want.. its not gonna stop me from posting. Thanks.

You're doing a fine job of proving to those of us who are, as of yet, unconvinced of Valhalla's reformed nature that you are, indeed, unchanged. By all means, keep posting. You're shattering my hopes that you might've changed. :blush:

Personally I would like to thank Chefjoe, pansy and crew for hosting such a lovely event here. As the party goes on into the late hours of course some of the locals will get out of hand, I dont personally hold it against you guys. Others may though.

For those that might agree with the cloud guy the discussion isn't really about Valhallan terms anymore. It has become a much more broadly defined discussion.

enderland chuckles

re: This Thread

It has been quite the entertaining read. I'm not sure why I chose this 60+ page thread of all those to read on these forums as of late, perhaps the fact that a simple surrender thread managed to gain over 60 pages.

The audacity of some people is just astounding. Kronos, and while I cannot speak for Umbrella or the others who fought Valhalla I assume the other alliances agree with this, are not simply tools you get to use and manipulate to do whatever you want to alliances that have wronged you. Valhalla wronged you, we get it. We're not the guys you can call in to "go out and punish Valhalla for us!" Especially with respect to Kronos - we've been around for what, three weeks by the time this war started, and you expect us to take reps for you in this war.

I don't get it. I don't get where we signed a "we'll be your avengers" card that gives free reign for us, having fought the 'worst' or 'most despicable' or 'terrible' alliance, to be responsible for violating our alliance tenants and taking reps for you.

---------------------------

Regarding the issue of reps, there are a few things specifically that I would like to point out to the adamant "take reps!" crowd -

1) Reps of anything less than 30,000 would essentially be irrelevant as Valhalla *could* theoretically send them out in one wave. To make any substantial amount of 'damage' or 'punishment' in the form of reps it would have to be well over 30,000 in tech. The people saying "well give them at least 10k in tech!" simply don't understand just how little in reps that is (which is less than 300 tech per member).

2) Reps will assuredly strengthen Valhalla, in several ways. However 'evil' you think they are with respect to alliance FA policy has nothing to do with their internal cohesion and coordination. Reps, and moreover substantial reps, cause multiple other reactions within alliances that are separate from simply exporting tech off to the receiving alliance. The majority of these things would greatly improve upon areas that, well, several of which Valhalla currently does (did?) poorly. For example, moving large amounts of tech to large amounts of recipients requires such coordination and activity as compared to simply buying infra, collecting taxes, etc, that it would really improve upon their internal organization and structure in ways that would be far more beneficial than the maybe 30 days that it would set them back. Also, it strengthens alliance loyalty (though to be fair, aside from someone who surrendered and someone who is a true war "profiteer" and once again switched sides immediately before a losing war, Valhalla has quite good member loyalty) as anyone who pays reps for an alliance is far more likely to go to hell and back for it in the future. 'Course you could say that these benefits to Valhalla would be outweighed by the "we got 'em good!" feelings that would be felt by those of you who want us to be Avengers. (OOC: though while it was one of my more favorite planes from WWII, it's not exactly something I intend on being in CN).

Some of you seem to also have ideas in mind for what should have been surrender terms instead. These are the only sorts of terms that would have any sort of impact to an alliance such as Valhalla, assuming they would be accepted:

1) Overwhelming reps (minimum of the 100k+ tech range, to the point where the alliance has to genuinely put themselves back a significant amount in order to pay them off instead of losing perhaps 30 days worth of tech importing, or perhaps 4-5 billion which is a sum that theoretically could have easily been paid off in under two months with proper coordination)

2) Decommissioning of some, if not all, military wonders

3) Disbandment

4) Forced economic gains (no nukes for longer periods of time)

5) Restricting all nations to not purchase infrastructure past their post war level for a certain period of time

People who think otherwise simply do not understand how game mechanics for up to 2 year old nations with many economic wonders work. At my current infrastructure level, about 3600 or so (haha) with 5 Guerrilla Camps and 5 Labor Camps, I net well about 2M a day. Of course, factoring in my 1M in navy bills and 350k or so in nuke bills, it is more like 3.5M or so. Infra, as an fyi, costs about 40k per level. I can buy back well over 100 infra a day after decommissioning Guerrilla Camps/Navy/nukes until 4k infra, and easily 50-100 per day until I hit 5k infra. After that it would slow down slightly but still, getting into the 6k - 8k infra range is going to be trivial for me or nations with many wonders.

Preventing the ability for people to regrow into the 'middle range' of 5-10k infra nations is significantly harder now than it was two years ago. Wake up and smell the roses people. Granted, not everyone has the same wonder array I do, but almost all nations these days have multiple wonders, which makes rebuilding to a certain level quite easy.

Some closing thoughts:

Any MKer who feels the need to continue to berate these terms please PM me and I will be glad to address this as I find this rather irritating.

Firstly, I tip my hat to the alliances that we have fought, you were impeccable enemies, I sincerely hope, that during this fight, our members treated you the same way, if this wasnt the case, please tell me, I will have some choice words to say to them.

I'd appreciate it if the nukes Oinkoink's fired had the same luck that his SDI had against ours :v: If you can fix that it'd be great kthx -_-

Secondly, I wish to give my personal regards to Alden Peterson, you sir, were, awesome sir, It was a pleasure fighting against you, I regard you up there with the best, I immensely enjoyed sharing battle with you, it was the gladiator battle we have always talked about, I wish you well in your future whatever you choose

:wub: It was pretty sweet (even if my spies are terribly ineffective) :) I had been needing a nation strength reduction program for a while, and was glad to have the chance to partake in it.

enderland fades back into the mist

65 Pages of this, and still going on? Are you serious..

everyone knows STA, and MK and a select few others aren't happy with these terms, we know it saddens you guys that Valhalla wasn't totally destroyed( that wouldn't ever happen anyways), so why sit here for 65 pages and bawwwwww.. the same arguement.. seriously. move on to some other news..

All you cry about Kronos and Umbrella, and PC, and there lack of harshness.. but honestly there the most honorable outta your whole Karma Bloc.. The point is, if you want people to feel you past pains, or feel for you past pains, do it a more respectable way, instead of sitting here just BAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...

You make it very hard for me to believed the "Valhalla reformed!" bull that's floated through this thread. Good job.

You make it very hard for me to believed the "Valhalla reformed!" bull that's floated through this thread. Good job.

Give us a chance.

Yes, I've seen the orders from chefjoe and company to not post, but I feel that my presence here is needed.

Do you really think that I, a founder of Vox, a two-term Senator, and former Vox Dei, would apply to Valhalla, had they not changed?

Do you really think that I, a founder of Vox, a two-term Senator, and former Vox Dei, would apply to Valhalla, had they not changed?

I'm all for giving Valhalla benefit of the doubt, and hope to see some change. But, in answer to your question:

1. You might be mistaken;

2. In any case, who knows what you might do, you're full of surprises;

3. Also hello, Starfox, how are you?

Holy crap, it took 8 alliances to bring them down. Let it not be said that Valhalla can't fight like hell.

Yes, and it took the entire Continuum to bring down GPA.

It also took the entirety of the Continuum, One Vision, and all their allies to bring down GATO, IAA, CSN, and USN.

We're badasses like that.

It also took the entirety of the Continuum, One Vision, and all their allies to bring down GATO, IAA, CSN, and USN.

Ahh yes, lovely war. In a sort of Butch and Sundance charge out pistols blazing and meet the entire Bolivian army sort of way. <_<

The world agree that was a curb stomp. This wasn't.

So after reading half of this monster of a thread I got pretty bored. Just got this to say:

See you on 8/10/2009 Valhalla.

Sure seerow.

I will start shaking in my boots now big shooter.

The circle of hate keeps on truckin :D

Edit- clarity

Edited by chefjoe

It also took NPO, TPF, the OPP, UPN, and UCN to take down TDSM8. Who's the badass now?

Lets make it a group date shall we?

I for one have never been fond of threesomes. But I'm sure Valhalla has at least one ally other than NPO out there who likes them. We'll work something out. We have nothing but time, these terms assured that.

Edit: Oh hey I see Nigras 519 volunteered. Sounds like we're set.

Edited by Seerow