PRIORITY : URGENT

CLASSIFICATION: EYES ONLY

TO:

SECRETARY OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS

SECRETARY OF FINANCE

COMMANDER, ROYAL COCHIN DEFENSE FORCES

COMMANDER, ROYAL COCHIN POLICE FORCES

SUB: SUMMONS FOR EMERGENCY DURBAR

HIS HIGHNESS HAS SUMMONED YOU TO THE ROYAL DURBAR FOR AN EMERGENCY DURBAR SESSION AT 0500 IST, 21-04-2009.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RCDF.jpg

COMMAND CONTROL CENTER

PRIORITY: CRITIC

CLASSIFICATION: TOP SECRET

ATTN: ALL RCA, RCAF COMBAT UNITS

UNDER THE KING'S COMMAND ALL COMBAT UNITS ARE ORDERED INTO DEFCON 2 . VERY HIGH CHANCE OF IMMINENT WAR. ACR'S, SA'S AND MD'S TO READY THEMSELVES AT 2 HOUR ROLL OUT NOTICE. AD'S TO READY THEMSELVES AT 1 HOUR SCRAMBLE NOTICE. SF'S TO READY THEMSELVES AT 30 MIN SCRAMBLE NOTICE. 100% S-RECO COVERAGE TO BE INITIATED. 20 RAPTORS TO BE READIED FOR 15 MINUTE SCRAMBLE. BARCAP TO BE MAINTAINED BY ONE REGIMENT OF UACV-F HORNETS IN EACH SECTOR.

AT THE KING'S COMMAND ALL UNITS TO BE READY TO GO TO DEFCON 1.

TELECONFERENCE TRANSCRIPTS

HH RAMA VARMA

GEN. MAHESH VARMA (A)

GEN. MOHAMMED FARAZ (P)

R: Yes, Gen. Varma. What is it about?

P: Sir, we have reports that Altin Urda rebels may be gearing up for an attack against our Kingdom. The enemy Orbat is not available right now but our Intelligence Bureau is looking into it.

R: Hmmm. Worrying indeed. Gen. Varma, what is the status on the deployment?

A: Sir, all RCDF forces are on full DEFCON 2 alert. Should we be going to DEFCON 1?

R: No. Let us wait for that until i return to Kochi. Today we shall not initiate anything to disturb the jovial atmosphere of Dragonisia's Unity Day. However activate our reserves. The full reserves. And about that Project Reform, get it ready on a war footing. Tomorrow when i reach the Palace i want a full TOE for the PR.

A: Yes Sir.

R: And Gen. Faraz, initiate curfews in the regions of potential invasion. And i want detailed information about Altin Urda forces. One more thing, Gen. Varma. I want 2nd Brigade, 1 Shock Army Division to be battle tested in this conflict. I hope you understand what i mean.

A: Very well, Sir. And on a personal note, Rametta, i think this is the apt time for the initiation.

R: Yes. It is high time he proved his mettle and became ready for greater commands. Very well Gentlemen, on with it.

OOC: I am just pre-empting my military preparations and deployments so that i can better wage a war IF it comes. and the latest mobilization is after all only based on "intelligence reports". from RL we can deduce that in times of tension ant hills are analyzed as mountains!!!

PALACE DURBAR TRANSCRIPTS

23-04-2009

HH RAMA VARMA

KP VARMA - E

SYED SHARAFUDEEN - F

GEN. MAHESH VARMA - A

GEN. MOHAMMED FARAZ - P

R: Gentlemen it is nice to see you again. It was quite refreshing to relax at the Unity Day festivities. And I am glad that our tensions are at ease. Now on to the work at hand. Mr. Varma, have u selected the ambassadors to be assigned to our allies?

E: Sir, we have shortlisted 12 diplomats from Foreign Service. I shall be submitting the final list to you tomorrow.

R: Very well. Now Dr. Sharaf, you may have received the proposed TOE for the new Project Reform? What is your opinion about it? Are our finances robust enough to support it?

F: Your Excellency, it will be a tight fit, but i guess we can manage it. We are also bringing online some new industrial parks which require some heavy capital investment. That may cause some inflation in the short term, but it is manageable. Sir, what about that proposal of mine to call for some foreign investments in our state industries?

R: I have to think more about that. It is not just the matter of capital after all, it is also a matter of sovereignity for our vital industries. We can only bring in investors who will be cooperative with our industrial security laws and be a genuine friend. I will get back to you on that, Dr. Sharaf.

Gen. Faraz, congratulations are in order for the meritorious way in which you handled the lock downs of the past few days. Well done. So what is the status of RCPF?

P: Your Excellency, we are glad that no untoward things happened. Our constabulary was on full force and the citizens were very cooperative.

R: Good. Gen. Varma, it has occurred to me that with our current military organization, border defenses are not as manned as it should be. I want to institute a Border Guards Corps, which shall be under the Royal Cochin Army. I had been thinking about it for the past few days. For now the VIII and VII Mechanized Divisions can be assigned the job, but i want an independent force formed soon. It should be divided into the four NEWS zones and each should have brigade sized formations covering a sectors of 250 Km of borders. The brigades should include a squadron of armor, around 4000 mechanized infantry, a regiment each of 155MM Field Gun, 155 MM MSGun and MRLS. Sufficient air mobility should be provided through dedicated squadron of Blackhawks. Gen. Faraz i want you to submit a program schedule immediately and start recruiting.

A: Yes Sir.

The man was strolling at a comfortable pace in his lush garden. There was a peaceful calm to his features but he sensed a looming trouble in the future. Dressed very casually in a saffron mundu and a cotton shoulder cloth, this 45 year old would seem to anybody to be an ordinary house gardener.

Another man is seen walking at a brisk pace to him. Around fifty years old, imperially thin, with a greying hairline and dressed in a navy blue pin stripe suit, the approaching man had worry writ on his forehead. Approaching the apparent gardener he said,

" Rama, I just received this message from Dragonisia. It is very disturbing."

The King of Cochin read the message.

He was silent for about two minutes, contemplating the beauty of this well manicured garden and enjoying the smell of ripening mangoes. Then he said,

"Kumaretta, quite unexpected, even so, since we have to come to this it must be so."

The distinguished diplomat and the senior Secretary of the Kingdom asked, " Your Excellency, your orders?"

The King mused on it and said, " Isn't it strange that even in this civilized age wars and conquests have been started for so petty reasons? I wonder how many more innocent deaths we have to witness and bring about. After all we are left with no choice, evil shall triumph if forces of good stand by and watch. We cannot shut our senses by saying that crimes happening in other parts of the world are no issues of ours. We may live in different artificial realms, but by Poornathrayeeshan, we live in the same world, breathing the same air. Thus we must stand by our allies in their call for action. If Blood of my Kingdom has to be spilled it shall be spilled.

Kumaretta, summon the Durbar."

RCAcrest.jpg

CHIEF OF ARMY OPERATIONS,

ROYAL COCHIN ARMY.

SUBJECT : DEPLOYMENT ORDERS

PRIORITY: URGENT

BY THE KING'S COMMAND,

1) FIRST SHOCK ARMY DIVISION TO PROCEED TO THE WESTERN BORDER

2) THIRD SHOCK ARMY DIVISION TO PROCEED TO THE EASTERN BORDER

3) I, IV AND IX ACR TO PROCEED TO EASTERN BORDER

4) II, III AND VI ACR TO PROCEED TO WESTERN BORDER

5) I, II AND III MECHANIZED DIVISIONS TO PROCEED TO WESTERN BORDER

6) II AND IV AIRBORNE DIVISIONS TO PROCEED TO WESTERN BORDER

7) V AIRBORNE DIVISION TO PROCEED TO EASTERN BORDER

RCAFcrest.jpg

CHIEF OF AERIAL OPERATIONS,

ROYAL COCHIN AIR FORCE.

SUBJECT : DEPLOYMENT ORDERS

BY THE KING'S COMMAND,

1) SU30 REGIMENTS 2, 4 AND 8 TO BE DEPLOYED TO WESTERN FABS.

2) MIG35 REGIMENTS 1,2,5 TO BE DEPLOYED TO WESTERN FABS

3) JADAYU REGIMENTS 2,3,5,7 TO BE DEPLOYED TO WESTERN FABS.

4) UCAV-F REGIMENTS AT WESTERN FABS TO RAISE ALERT LEVEL TO DEFCON3.

5) MIG29 REGIMENTS 3,4,5 TO BE DEPLOYED TO EASTERN FABS.

6) JADAYU REGIMENTS 1,4,6 TO BE DEPLOYED TO EASTERN FABS.

7) UCAV-F REGIMENTS AT EASTERN FABS TO RAISE ALERT LEVEL TO DEFCON3.

8) HALOB REGIMENTS 1 AND 2 TO RAISE ALERT LEVEL TO DEFCON2.

COMMANDER,

ROYAL COCHIN DEFENSE FORCES

ATTN: STRATEGIC COMMAND, BORDER GUARDS

SUBJECT : CODENAME LOCKDOWN

ALL BORDER OUTPOSTS TO BE SEALED. FREE MOVEMENT PERMITTED TO DRAGON BLOC FORCES ON DEPLOYMENT, SRA AND NRA ASSETS TO MONITOR FRIENDLY DEPLOYMENT.

ONLY PRIORITY COMMERCIAL FLIGHTS TO BE PERMITTED. SADC TO ASSIGN AN AIR TRANSIT CORRIDOR FOR FRIENDLY FORCES.

SADC

WESTERN SECTOR CONTROL ROOM

CONTROLLER: Bogey, Bogey. Sir, we have an unidentified bogey in sector 413 at a vector of 015.

The Officer in charge of the Air Defense Control Room, Wg.Cdr. Parameswar asked the controller, " What is the bearing, altitude and speed? Can u make out the nature of the bogey?"

The controller a young Captain hurriedly made some calculations and reported, " Sir, the bogeys seem to be on a bearing heading straight to our FAB W3. They are at an altitude of 30000 Ft and at 0.7 Mach. Oh, wait a minute sir, I think we have multiple bogeys here. The formation has just split into two. Sir, I am getting the signature of Type M aircrafts."

The Wg.Cdr said, "Very well, get me FAB W3."

" Hello, this Wg. Cdr Parameswar from SADC Western Sector. You have multiple bogeys heading to your bearing, I repeat you have multiple bogeys coming your way. They seem to be Type M fighter bombers."

FORWARD AIR BASE W3

"Thank You. Sound Battle Alert!!! We have an inbound bogeys. Launch Squad H61."

The roar of the base commander, Wg. Cdr. Krishnamurthy set things rolling at this strategic air base. Based at this huge base were the a regiment each of UCAV-F Hornets and a squadron each of Jadayus and Mig35s. But the most important residents of this base where the squad of 4 HALOB AWACS that were based here. Thus FAB W3 was a strategic target for any enemy offensive against the Kingdom.

The wheels were being unlocked when the ground controllers of the Squadron H61 settled into their Control Modules. The technicians readied the aircrafts which were on the alert mode anyway and the twin GAL RX100 engines powered them to life. The squad of 4 aircrafts taxied in formation down the runway and took off in a crescendo of afterburners which sent a tremor all around the valley.

"Razor Lead to Razor team. Check in."

"Razor Two ready."

"Razor Three ready."

"Razor Four ready."

"Okay Team, Let us give a welcome to our guests."

The Razor Team oriented themselves to engage the incoming fighter bombers. They were still getting the radar feed from the AWACS that was in station. Their monstrous RM192 radars were off for now and that with their radar suppressed profile precluded any detection from enemy radars.

"Razor Lead to Mystic One. Range to bandits?"

"Razor Lead , range is 140 Km. You are weapons free, I repeat, you are weapons free."

"Roger, Mystic One. Team, we are weapons free here. Recommend we open up with AIM-RLs."

"Roger that, Razor Lead.", said Razor Two aka Hammer aka Lt. Nithin Haridas, the wing man of Razor Lead aka Swordfish aka Capt. Jerry Thomson.

"Okay Team, Range to bandits 120 Km , fire away!!"

At that moment the Four fighters launched a salvo of 4 AIM-RL AAMs. The missiles went up in a ballistic path to an altitude of 60000 ft where having burned out their rocket motors they came down upon their targets seeking them with their millimeter wave radar seekers. Since they were on a Mach 4 with no rocket assist they did not leave any contrails for the Bandits to see.

"Blue Team, This Blue Alpha we are under attack. Take evasive manoeuvres ." On his command 4 Fighter Bombers which were flying in formation broke away from each other and started independent evasive manoeuvres.

"Razor Lead, This is Mystic One. We see 4 bandits. I repeat you are engaging 4 bandits, not two."

The 4 Type-M Fighter Bombers of Blue Team started launching their chaff and went full on their electronic counter measures. The missiles continued to bore in and finally 3 missiles were locked on to Blue Charlie and one on to Blue Alpha. The Blue Alpha dove for deck and with a series of Immelmanns and rolls managed to shake off the missile. However Blue Charlie was not so lucky and was considered a Kill.

The enraged Blue Team now went on to after burners to engage the incoming Hornets.

"Razor Lead to Razor Team, looks like this is going to be a bar brawl. Let us get them!!!

The fighters which closed range to 30 Km now launched their AIM-R missiles at each other. One Hornet and a TypeM was lost in this volley and in the ensuing time period a Dog fight ensued.

"Mystic One to Blue Team. Disengage from exercise. Mystic One to Razor Team. Disengage from exercise."

With this signal, the two teams of four aircrafts disengaged from their battles and reformed themselves. The Razor Team formed around Razor Lead and Blue Team around Blue Alpha.

"Razor Lead to Razor Team. Check in"

"Razor Two ready."

"Razor Three ready."

"Razor Four rady."

"Blue Alpha to Blue Team. Check in."

"Blue Beta ready."

"Blue Charlie ready."

"Blue Delta ready."

"Mystic One to Razor Team, return to FAB W3. Mystic One to Blue Team, return to FAB W2. Mission completed. Over"

COMMAND CONTROL CENTER

ROYAL COCHIN DEFENSE FORCES

"AVM. Praveen, a nicely executed exercise. So, Gen. Varma how do you rate the readiness of our systems?"

Gen. Mahesh Varma said, " Sir both teams performed well within their mission parameters. The defense doctrine followed by SADC, FAB W3 and the Hornet Squad is impeccable, though i feel that a higher DEFCON would have given us a faster engagement."

"Well, the mission was to ascertain our readiness at low DEFCON. I think within these parameters they did well. AVM Praveen, could the offense have been a success?"

Air Vice Marchal, the Chief of Aerial Operations replied, " Your Excellency, we had put deliberate constraints on the operation of Blue Team Mig29s. If this had been a real attack they would be better supported.The Blue Team were not armed with AIM-RLs and as we have seen its effectiveness today. We normally send a ARM Team along with the main attack. The aerial combat we could overcome and for the AADs we have our ARM Teams. But a real enemy would not be able to effectively counter our AAD systems. We have proved that in last week's exercises."

The King of Cochin replied, "Very well. By the way who is that pilot with call sign Blue Alpha? That kid showed remarkable presence of mind on finding his team lighted by the AIM-RLs?"

The two senior military officers looked at each other and had a small chuckle.

"Gentlemen, would you please share the joke or are you going to leave a confused monarch here?"

Gen. Varma said, "Sir Blue Alpha is Capt. Rohan Kerala Varma."

" Oh, I see!!! An excellent intrigue, you two!! At least we now know that the second in line for the throne of Cochin is not a complete wuss!!"

"Yes, Your Excellency."

"Anyway Praveen please convey my congratulations to the SADC controllers and FAB W3. And of course to the CCC controllers here. They did very well in managing this exercise."

With that the King of Cochin left the CCC along with his retinue of Chaver Commandos.

HH RAMA VARMA

KP VARMA - E

GEN. MAHESH VARMA - A

VICE ADM. KP MARAKKAR - N

E: Your Excelleny, we have finally had a breakthrough in our discussions with Dragonisia. We have been offered port facilities near Mumbai.

R: Excellent work, Mr. Varma!! Excellent. I was indeed worried about our navy being inactive in difficult times like these. So Gen. Varma, I guess the triumvirate is complete for you now, right?

A: Yes Sir. It is indeed a relief. Our task forces are steaming into Mumbai port as we speak. We have been allotted an abandoned fishing port a between Mumbai and Goa and MEC engineers at site says they can start operations from there within a week. Till then we can stage our assets from Mumbai Naval Base.

R: Adm. Marakkar, are you okay with it? How soon will our task forces be operational?

N: Your Excellency, as Gen. Varma said we are operational as of now. We do have to refuel our Fleet Oilers and restock our Fleet Replenishment Ships. The lengthy wait offshore has depleted the perishable stocks a bit but the first of the tankers are being filled up with fuel as of now. The Cruiser and submarine task forces are still off shore. Our Carrier and independent submarine squadrons are berthed at Mumbai Naval Base. The Marine Task Force is at the proposed Base now and they shall be assisting the MEC.

R: Very well, Admiral. Now Mr. Varma looks like we are going to buy copious amounts of fuel for our navy from Dragonisia. So I want you and Sharaf to get in touch with Dragonisian Govt and settle on some modalities like for fuel supply, property lease, rail corridor for transhipment and overflying rights from Kingdom to Base.

E: Yes Sir.

HH RAMA VARMA

KP VARMA - E

GEN. MAHESH VARMA - A

GEN. MOHAMMED FARAZ - P

LT. GEN. PANKAJ SETH - BG

MAJ.GEN. VIJAY KERALA VARMA - SC

LT. GEN. MAHESH B IYER - NIA

R: Good morning Gentlemen. So what brings you here today?

SC: Sir, we have observed massive deployments and alert levels in the nations of the region. The borders are being sealed, combat deployments are taking place, it is quite ominous, Sir.

R: Gen. Iyer, does your agency perceive any threat against the Kingdom?

NIA: No Sir. So far our intelligence sources have not indicated any direct threat against the Kingdom or its allies. However we do consider the formation of a new nation to the Far East with a little trepidation.

R: Yes, Gen. Faraz, Gen. Iyer increase our assets in that direction. History is not quite that pleasant in our dealings with that nation. Let us be careful. Do not attempt any offensive covert actions. Is that clear?

P: Yes, your Excellency.

R: Now, Gen. Seth, i must congratulate on your excellent and fast organization of Border Guards. How alert are our borders in this issue?

BG: Your Excellency, our borders are pretty much under lock down now. With our present alert levels we do not permit any civilian movements. Metalstorm defenses are 80% complete, with only a certain swathes in Eastern Sector not completed. Since that is the border with Beijing Corp, I do not perceive any worries in that.

R: Gen. Kerala Varma, what is the status on your threat boards?

SC: Sir, we have come restrictions in place over commercial aviation, but not much. Currently commercial aviation has been assigned 3 specific air corridors which takes them far away from strategic points of interest. We have also allocated 2 exclusive air traffic corridors for the use of Dragonisia and our Dragon Bloc allies. They have not availed of it though.

A: 2 Regiments of UCAV-F Hornets are currently deployed for air corridor security. They will be mostly like traffic police. We do not perceive any threat in that matter.

R: Good. Anyway Gentlemen we shall be remaining at DEFCON TWO for some more time until the situation settles down some. By the way, Gen. Seth I do not want any confrontation between our forces and those of our neighboring forces who i hear are also on heightened alerts. With the increased alert levels across the region one minor incident could create a flare up. Gentlemen, order your troops and men to remain collected. There could be accidents but I do not want a single offensive weapon used without authorization.

HH RAMA VARMA

GEN. MAHESH VARMA - A

LT. GEN. SHANKAR IYER - AO

AVM PRAVEEN KUMAR - AF

VICE ADM. KP MARAKKAR - N

MAJ.GEN. REENA CHERIAN - TC

R: Gen. Varma it is been a few days since we have been at DEFCON 2. How is the readiness?

A: Sir, we took this increased readiness to conduct some intensive training exercises.

TC: Your Excellency, with 1 ACR as the training regiment we have been conducting intensive exercises at the National Training Center. Currently First Tanks are undergoing the month long exercises. Other than the live field exercises, the II,III and IV ACRs are undergoing simulated training at their command posts. Next week we are planning to do a Corps level simulation exercise.

R: Lt.Gen. Iyer how would you rate the readiness of the army?

AO: Your Excellency, across the board i would call readiness at 85%. With the upcoming SIMEX we expect readiness to reach 90%. The I ACR, Cochin Horse is at the highest readiness, 96%. That is why we have assigned them to be the training regiment. First Tanks are at 88% readiness so the current exercise at NTC is as much a test of Cochin Horse as well as First Tanks.

R: Good idea, General. Now AVM Kumar, how is the status of RCAF?

AF: Your Excellency, the manned regiments are at 90% readiness. The reserve UCAV regiments are at 70% readiness. The UCAV regiments are scheduled for an aerial training exercise in Eastern Sector. Fully 20 active regiments of Hornets shall participate in this exercise. The Second Jadayu regiment shall be the training regiment.

R: Hmmm. Generals i want RCAF readiness to peak within a month. Our combat edge in UCAVs should be maintained. AVM Kumar, I shall be coming to see this exercise. Do not warn any of your subordinates. Give the schedule to my King's Guards.

AF: Yes, Your Excellency.

R: Now Adm. Marakkar, what is the status on Navy?

N: Your Excellency, the work on the Naval Base at Ratnagiri is proceeding at a brisk pace. We can conform to the present schedule regarding fleet basing. Our navy is now fully deployed from Mumbai Naval Base. The Carrier Task Forces are stationed 500 KM offshore from Mumbai. The other task forces are currently doing patrol exercises in Arabian Sea. We are planning to do ASW exercises with our Independent SBX and SBZ squadrons.

R: Good. Anyway ready your forces. I want our navy to conduct some fleet exercises with Dragonisian Navy. Tell me when you feel your forces are ready, Admiral and I shall talk to Dragonisia. I also want you to ready some Task Forces for long range deployments. We should send some ships to other Dragon Bloc members for port visits and exercises. Anyway ready your vessels Admiral.

N: Yes Your Excellency.

R: Very well, Gentlemen and Lady. Dismissed.

HH RAMA VARMA

GEN. MAHESH VARMA (A)

GEN. MOHAMMED FARAZ (P)

DR. SYED SHARAFUDEEN (F)

R: Gentlemen, I have an excellent news for you. Our diplomatic team has just secured permission from Hanseatic Commonwealth for port sharing at Vladivostok. So now we can increase our diplomacy in the Pacific Ocean region. Gen. Varma when are they due to return?

A: Sir at 0900 tomorrow.

R: Very well. Gen. Varma what is the present readiness status of RCDF forces?

A: Sir, Our ACRs are at a combat readiness of 90%, Shock Armies at 87%, Mechanized Divisions at 91%, Airborne Divisions at 89% and various Infantry regiments at an average 88%. RCSF regiments are at peak 98% readiness. The Su30 regiments are at 85% readiness, Mig29 regiments at 87% readiness, Mig35s at 84% readiness and Jadayu regiments at 90% readiness. Royal Cochin Navy is at around 75% readiness across the board.

R: Hmm. Gen. Faraz, what is the status of RCPF?

P: Sir, all cities have been provided with their TOE and the National Surveillance Grid is now complete. We are recruiting some more personnel for the NRA. The armed police forces are at 80 % readiness.

R: Hmm. Gentlemen, I want RCDF and RCPF to reach across the board readiness of 98% within a month. Gen. Varma, run all RCA formations through NTC and grind them to perfection. All RCAF regiments must start increased training regimen. Navy will have to wait for a moment until the commissioning of RCNB Ratnagiri. Gen. Faraz, I want your forces to conduct joint training with RCDF. Is that understood?

P: Yes Sir.

R: Dr. Sharaf, how are our finances? Can we afford all this?

F: Sir, it is a tight fit but we can accomodate it into our budget for this month. Since Ratnagiri base is finished one major avenue of expense is closed. Increased training regimen for the entire forces will require some additional stocks of Oil and I shall look into that. Secretary Moosad and I have been looking around for some Oil trades and we hope to be successful real soon. So we have an Okay from Finance Department for this new training order.

R: Good. Gentlemen. Make this work. Our nation is a medium sized nation with some huge neighbors. We are increasing our diplomatic relations with them but if and when diplomacy fails I want our defenses to be well capable to meet any threats. For that the answer is increased training. With increased training the morale and swagger of our soldiers will get a boost and that is good for the country. We must not let our subjects and soldiers feel that the defense of our nation is idle. Since we have no aims for expansion we must pour all our efforts into training for defense. If our soldiers are well trained and equipped no sane nation will ever dare to invade us.

The Department of Interior is located South of Parade Grounds and adjacent to the Headquarters or Royal Cochin Police Force. At its seventh floor is the office of Secretary of Interior.

The intercom sounds, "Mr. Secretary, Gen. Faraz is here to see you."

"Send him in. And send in two cups of coffee, please."

"Yes Sir."

The Head of Cochin's Police forces, Gen. Mohammed Faraz, is a man of small stature but possessing of an intensity of personality. He was the person in charge of the law and order of the Kingdom.

The Secretary of Interior, Mr. Revin George Ajith welcomed him standing up, " Welcome General. Please be comfortable."

Gen. Faraz said," Thank you, Revin. By the way do you mind if I light up? I have just had a harrowing day."

Frowning a little, Revin said," By all means Faraz."

At that moment the PS to Secretary came in and laid out the coffee tray. Once she withdrew Gen. Faraz said," Revin, you are going to have some tough times ahead, buddy. The results of my investigation is not all that favorable."

Revin frowned again and asked, "Communists are rising again, Faraz?"

"Yes. We are now surrounded on almost all sides by Communist nations. It is bound to have an effect on the citizens of Cochin."

"Hmm. Anyway they have not formally organized themselves have they?"

"No, so far we have identified some Communists who have infiltrated the outer provinces of Cochin. I am monitoring them and so far they are lying low."

"We have to get seriously concerned only if they break law or try to organize politically."

Gen. Faraz replied, "You know my position on this, Revin. I will rest easy only if Communism is rooted out from our Kingdom by force. But of course, the King wont permit it."

Revin agreed saying," The king though he despises Communism is quite fond of Communists. He says there are no hard core Communists, a moderating effect of humanity will be there in everyone. Even communists cannot bear to be 100% robots!! And Faraz, I dont believe force is the key in this issue. We must dishearten Communists by improving the conditions in the Kingdom. Only if that fails will you have to be called in."

The General replied to this, "Though the alternative is would empower me considerably, it would be too bad for the nation. Yes I guess that is the answer to this dilemma. We must not let Communists take root here. I propose that you conduct some propaganda measures in this direction. On my side I shall increase surveillance on these anarchists but with a "velvet glove","

The Secretary of Interior laughed to this and said, "I wonder how "soft" your velvet gloves will indeed be! By the way when are you leaving for Ratnagiri?"

The General replied," My helicopter is at the helipad and from here I am off to the Executive Air Field, Cochin. My luggage is packed and in the G-V. I shall be leaving, " looking at his watch, " in two hours. I have a meeting with the head of Ratnagiri Police Department tonight. What time are you going?"

Revin George Ajith said, "Well, I have to go home and then I shall go to the EAF where my G-V is waiting. Rather a damn wastage of ATF isn't it? All of us using our own Gs to go to same destination?"

"Yeah. Anyway see you in Ratnagiri."

ROYAL DURBAR TRANSCRIPTS

HH RAMA VARMA

GEN. MOHAMMED FARAZ - P

REVIN GEORGE AJITH - INT

DR. SYED SHARAFUDEEN - F

R: Good Morning, Gentlemen. So Revin what is this I hear about rise of Communism in Cochin?

INT: Sir, there is no tangible communism in the Kingdom but we have to take some precautions.

P: Yes Sir. Right now we are completely surrounded by Communist nations.

R: True. But we must be very careful in how we deal with the Communists. As a member of Dragon Bloc, we have close relations with Comintern. Our close ally, Dragonisia is also a Comintern member. We must deal gently with the communist anarchists if they take root here. So which are the most vulnerable areas?

INT: Sir, the provinces of East Kazakhstan and Pavlodar which border Vaule and the Xinjiang province are the most vulnerable politically.

R: What is the level of Communist incursion in these areas? And how receptive are our subjects to these Communists?

P: Sir, the infiltrators are very less in number. We fear they may find some influence amongst the local population. Propaganda is propaganda, Sir. If they believe that Communists eat from golden plates, they may reject the silver plates that they currently live on.

R: Hmm. Anyway I want a Grand Durbar called in two days. Revin, summon all the Provincial Governors. Gen. Faraz, summon all your DIGs.

INT: Yes Sir.

URGENT/CNO'S EYES ONLY

COMMANDING OFFICER,

TASK FORCE 06.

TO:

CHIEF OF NAVAL OPERATIONS.

SUB: TF PROGRESS REPORT

TASK FORCE 06 CROSSED INDIAN PENINSULA AT 5D 08' N/ 77D 21' E COORDINATES AT 2244 LIMA. ETA VLADIVOSTOK 4 DAYS.

Edited by king of cochin