Protected Nation

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumour has it he had plans to purchase a Weapons Research Complex. Doubling GGA's total number of WRCs was deemed as dangerous thinking.
Someone that isn't completely mediocre in GGA comes along and is forced out. Waiting for the guy with a WRC to be expelled in 3... 2...

I thought that the WRC jokes would eventually get old ... to date, they have not.

On topic: :wub: VE :wub:

You are wrong Fallen Fool. You always have the choice to stand up for what you feel is right. No decision "has" to be made, despite what a lot of people would have you believe.
It's easy to say you'll always do the right thing under pressure when you're not under pressure, but trust me it's quite another thing to actually do the right thing when you know it will cause the destruction of a community you love, the mass murder of the hundreds of members who have put their faith in you, and a virtual civil war amongst your allies.

It's easy to say you'll always do the right thing under pressure when you're not under pressure, but trust me it's quite another thing to actually do the right thing when you know it will cause the destruction of a community you love, the mass murder of the hundreds of members who have put their faith in you, and a virtual civil war amongst your allies.

Believe it or not, Londo and Athens knows a little bit about that. ;)

Anyways, I wish both sides are able to move on and prosper. Perhaps he left GGA and VE decided to take him in? I know, never that simple. :P

You are wrong Fallen Fool. You always have the choice to stand up for what you feel is right. No decision "has" to be made, despite what a lot of people would have you believe.

even if polaris isn't batting 1.000 i say that they're still in the top 5 most honorable alliances in the game (#1 in my book, but i'm biased)

on topic: i've dealt with shane once and it was a pleasant talk despite being an unpleasant situation, GGA is far worse without him.

No one said that doing what was right would be easy or without consequence. Having been in such a pressure situation myself, I'm glad to say I did the right thing.

You never regret doing the right thing, you only regret compromising for the lesser perceived evil.

Regards,

VI

I hope this doesn't have an indirect affect on the relationships within particular blocs. Then again, perhaps the NPO were not the only ones pissed with what was done.

I love JB as much as the next guy, but there is no way he's worth a war. Edited by cookavich

Can someone from GGA confirm or deny that an ex-member (meaning no longer a member of GGA) had a vote in the expulsion of shaneprice? I'm really curious about this.

Yes, that's what I heard as well. Granted I'm no expert on the charter of the GGA, but I know they needed an Elder Statesman and no other was around aside from ironchef. Although I do believe she is no longer one due to the fact she left the alliance, but then again, I am no expert on the charter of the GGA. Either way, if I were a GGA member I wouldn't be pleased at the amount of foreign involvement that I hear was a part of, and to an extent may have pushed, the expulsion. Then again, what I hear is only rumors. I am hearing that the next Tattler will be covering this sometime tonight though, so I guess we'll all know then.

Yes, that's what I heard as well. Granted I'm no expert on the charter of the GGA, but I know they needed an Elder Statesman and no other was around aside from ironchef. Although I do believe she is no longer one due to the fact she left the alliance, but then again, I am no expert on the charter of the GGA. Either way, if I were a GGA member I wouldn't be pleased at the amount of foreign involvement that I hear was a part of, and to an extent may have pushed, the expulsion. Then again, what I hear is only rumors. I am hearing that the next Tattler will be covering this sometime tonight though, so I guess we'll all know then.

Ding ding ding!

GGA is better off without scum like that. Really, who did he think he was adding a small measure of respect to the alliance?

Glory, glory hallelujah! Glory, glory hallelujah! Glory, glory hallelujah, the IGV goes marching on! :rolleyes:

even if polaris isn't batting 1.000 i say that they're still in the top 5 most honorable alliances in the game (#1 in my book, but i'm biased)

My comment was not intended as a jab at Polaris, but rather simply to make a statement that one always has a choice in anything. I am only superficially aware of some of the particulars of the specific case so I cannot comment too much on it. And fwiw I personally have a good deal of respect for the NpO.

On this topic, having learned more since my first post, I would like to add that I wish shaneprice the best of luck in VE. :)

I usually like to say things that are unique... something edgy, new... something that isn't heard often, but then when it's said everyone thinks "wow... did not realize things could work like that."

Good job GGA!

Sorry, I just puked a little in my mouth. That pizza tastes delicious even the 2nd time around.

I love JB as much as the next guy, but there is no way he's worth a war.

Anyone who you consider to be a friend is worth a war.

Personally, I'm curious to see if shaneprice has a scrappy, brilliant young apprentice who left with him. I suppose there's already serious déja vu going on, regardless.

I am quite embarassed that I know nothing about this... Shaneprice. As everybody seem to hold him in high esteem I just hope to have in the future an opportunity to fill this gap in my knowledge.

I am also appalled at seeing these many people attacking the GGA. IMHO that alliance has done very little, as of lately, to deserve public derision... In fact, they did very little tout court.

Many critics probably just feel that they are not risking anything (in respect to other alliances they carefully restrain from commenting over...)

It isn't very impressive as a show.

That still don´t alllow you to behave like that, stay respectful and classy, please.

This is why I love The Grämlins so much... :wub:

Let's be serious here, shaneprice isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. It's hilarious that he was expelled for his last announcement but let's not get carried away with ourselves, it's not hard to be better than degenerate - I think we can set the bar a little higher to deserve the praise he's getting in this thread.

I am also appalled at seeing these many people attacking the GGA. IMHO that alliance has done very little, as of lately, to deserve public derision... In fact, they did very little tout court.

Many critics probably just feel that they are not risking anything (in respect to other alliances they carefully restrain from commenting over...)

It isn't very impressive as a show.

Agree with this completely. But hey, it's cool to troll the GGA now B)