The Worst Resource Combination

Londo Mollari

Man, seeing this reminds me how lucky i am.

I have Silver and Wine

a pretty great combo, i get jewelry easy

and if i change things up a bit AP bonus is easly obtainable.

Furs and Lead are a bad combo

but not horrible, you just have to know how to work it right

Uh, yeah, it is. That combo sucks. It's seriously furs/rubber status. You aren't ever getting trade partners for long with rubber/furs.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many guys have actually tried putting together Trade Circles? More than the one you are currently in.. I have a nation in DICE that was been playing with me for a year or more, I cant keep him in a trade circle for more than 2 weeks. His partners get sniped off for the promise of a better circle. His Uranium/Gems is not the worst set and I use him as a temp trade but he cant keep his together.

I dont know how many replies ive got from noob retards that say there 8BR circle is better than the 3BR im trying to put them in..

My goal was to put guys in the best circle possible the 3br, generally is the best for all nations, then the 5BR hybrid, etc. So if I couldnt fit you in your resources suck.

Id say silver/rubber or gold/rubber, lead/rubber gold/ lead lead/oil suck to put in a circle.

Edited by mkoricic

furs/wine + rubber/oil

Basically any resource besides fish that's in AP but not in FJ (meaning wine or furs) + something that's in a different less used circle and is pretty bad.

I think furs rubber is THE WORST possible. Shame because with just a bit of tweaking the trade system could be near-perfect imo.

Also lead really isn't that bad. I think this is an old misconception - lead nowadays is a pretty good resource, especially for big nuclear nations.

Furs wine isn't that bad ;)

Basically any resource besides fish that's in AP but not in FJ (meaning wine or furs) + something that's in a different less used circle and is pretty bad.

Definitely. Also works with some of the lesser resources in Fast Food (spices/sugar).

I have Lead and Silver.

Pretty lame combination, but I think Lead and Rubber have it worse.

Yeah, well coming from another Lead and Silver junky, I think we've got it pretty bad. The best thing I've come up with is Steel, Beer, Construction and Scholars with Fish, Cattle and Uranium bonuses.

I am curious if that is THE best a Lead and Silver man like me can get?

@lonewolfe2015

I do a Big Three (and Fish) with Lead and Silver instead of Spices and Uranium or Gems. But that missing $5.00 income (assuming 1 happiness = $2.00 income) and extra bonus make me sad. I bet I'll just be sadder when (and if) I get to nuclear weapons. T_T

Edited by Taishaku

@lonewolfe2015

I do a Big Three (and Fish) with Lead and Silver instead of Spices and Uranium or Gems. But that missing $5.00 income (assuming 1 happiness = $2.00 income) and extra bonus make me sad. I bet I'll just be sadder when (and if) I get to nuclear weapons. T_T

Yeah, but if I wanted to fit into a circle the best I could... I mean what options do I really have? Lead and Silver suck, I made a Resource proposal before, but I doubt it'll happen (new resource + new trading ring)

@lonewolfe2015

I have recently been convinced that the best way to make all resources relevant is to split Affluent Population to Fish + Furs + Wine + Coal and Fine Jewelry to Gold + Silver + Gems. Then make Scholars add $1 income per bonus resource. This would allow you to replace Fast Food and Fish with Affluent Population and Wheat.

You can see a bunch of combinations here:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...0&start=200

I have a feeling you are not so sure of the best trade circles my friend.

The best trade circles need to keep the construction resources for as close to max infra upkeep reductions as possible, yet also get high population bonuses. Affluent only keep the upkeep problem solved if you put construction with it, which can be done, but not if I want Nukes and if I have Lead.

I am in quite a squeeze due to my trades overall.

I have a feeling you are not so sure of the best trade circles my friend.

The best trade circles need to keep the construction resources for as close to max infra upkeep reductions as possible, yet also get high population bonuses. Affluent only keep the upkeep problem solved if you put construction with it, which can be done, but not if I want Nukes and if I have Lead.

I am in quite a squeeze due to my trades overall.

Eh, the best trade circles are maximum income circles where people temp trade to pay bills/buy infra :)

@lonewolfe2015

Aiyah, I was talking about splitting Affluent Population and Fine Jewelry so that you would not need FJ to make AP. It's a modification to resources that I am proposing, meant to increase tradeset flexibility.

I mean I know how to make a tradeset with the current resources. I said before that I use a Big Three without Spices and Lead and Silver as the Wildcards (I cannot avoid my native reources). xD

By the way, nice nation name. Though generally speaking, "Nosce" has a "G" in front.

Edited by Taishaku