The Worst Resource Combination

Londo Mollari

Furs and Lead. I dare you to find something worse.

Furs and lead could be used in 8 br trade circle with wild card being furs

Lead could be fitted into any trade circle that has Radiation Cleanup

Fur is Underrated, I'd substitute my Uranium with Furs anyday

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any 8BR is extremely inferior to almost any other setup due to the low population increase

Lead + Silver isn't great, but it's not bad either. You fit into this affluent population setup with lead, which is pretty nice.

Iron, Lead, Wheat, Cattle, Uranium, Coal, Gold, Silver, Gems, Fish, Wine, Furs

Iron + Wine is a princely combination. I would trade my resources of aluminum + rubber in a heartbeat for it, and get:

Iron, Sugar, Wheat, Cattle, Uranium, Coal, Gold, Silver, Gems, Fish, Wine, Furs

Some stats on all nations above 40k NS in CN with lead + rubber native.

ladedadajs3.jpg

I challenge anyone to find a resource pair the 40K NS+ nations of which have lower average efficiency :V

What with all the rubber hate. That 20% land bonus is nothing to scoff at. Think i'm kidding? Guess again that 20% more land = about over 2000 more citizens for me not to mention the inf. purchase reduction, and even more importantly for me the land purchasing cost reduction. You could definitely do worse than aluminum rubber this is my setup and i've made it into the top 10 (a while back i coulda been #1 if i had maxed my military) and rubber fits nicely into the 5br combo which is nearly as good as the 3br espeicially for new nations doing tech deals (due to a better decrease in inf. costs). I will agree that a rubber/lead combo is pretty nasty though.

-Veritas

More Population while younger is best, but as you grow it might be best to get happiness because you won't make a dime without it.

Actually, no. That's backwards since the population boosters are by percentage and the income boosters are by happiness points. Imagine if your nation had 1,000,000 citizens and $1000 income....would you rather have a 5% increase from Cattle or every possible happiness booster?

Furs and lead could be used in 8 br trade circle with wild card being furs

Lead could be fitted into any trade circle that has Radiation Cleanup

Fur is Underrated, I'd substitute my Uranium with Furs anyday

Anyone who would substitue natural Uranium for anything is foolish.

Furs / Wine isn't bad. It fits nicely into a FJ / AP setup. Something like Furs / Oil, Furs / Lead or Lead / Wine would be the worst pair of resources IMO.

If I recall correctly, FP/AP only requires 7 resources, so any of the 3 above woudl fit in with a FJ/AP/Microchips/Scholars+wildcard package. With non-native coal and oil, I would want either water to improve my environment or iron to reduce my bills (Marble may be viable for young nations that are buying infrastructure at a rapid pace.)

lead/silver: FJ/Microchips, which is very nice for tech sellers

To underscore what Londo has been pointing out - it's really more a matter of getting the best combination of 12 resources together, given your nation's needs for its stage of growth and the resources you have on-hand. You may have to work harder than some of your neighbors, but that can still pay off handsomely.

I'm sure somebody else has said this before me, but I'm too lazy to read though 2 pages of posts...

Aside from Lead, there really aren't any bad resources. People seem to always complain about the FJ/AP resources (Gold, Silver, Furs, and Wine) but the FJ/AP set really isn't that bad, sure it isn't the 3BG, but it is definitely better than the all-too-common 8BG set.

There are, however, bad resource combos. While Furs doesn't suck, Furs and Oil does, because nobody wants Oil as a wildcard in the FJ/AP set, and nobody wants Furs as a wildcard in the 5BG set. Similarly, Rubber doesn't suck, but Rubber and Spices does, because nobody wants Rubber and a wildcard in the 3BG and Spices is a crappy wildcard in the 5BG.

Anyone who would substitue natural Uranium for anything is foolish.

Of course you'd say that, you're nuke capable

Uranium a good resource to have, but i have no need for nukes yet. For newer nations it's hard to get trades( you have to start a trade circle) and there are a lot of better resources for newer nations like wheat or fish

Uranium a good resource to have, but i have no need for nukes yet. For newer nations it's hard to get trades( you have to start a trade circle) and there are a lot of better resources for newer nations like wheat or fish

If your finding it hard to get trades then its likely not due to your uranium trade, and more likey due either to the other resource paired with the uranium or the messages you are sending out (either in volume or in content).

For example in a number of alliances there is a problem of not having enough nations with uranium and as a consequence this limits the number of nukes that an alliance can have. There are even people who specifically go looking for uranium trades. Uranium is one of the best resources in the game as it is always something that will be in demand and gives you some healthy bonuses to boot.

Edited by Lord Emares

Like i said earlier I'm a relatively new nation that does not necessarily need uranium, but with more nations becoming nuke capable, the demand for a uranium trade will never decline. But with other nations with uranium and a partner resource that sucks like (furs or gems) they mostly get temp trades, sure some people are willing to give money for a temporary uranium trade but the receiving end of the trade money would only get a temporary boost of income, and nation development would be very slow. And with my nation development, I am starting to feel uranium's infra upkeep discount and income bonus, and uranium's awesomeness starts to kick in if i make it to a year in CN, because i could be able to buy a Manhattan project wonder (Along with SDI and a sizable war chest)

As for a starting Nation with Uranium, a good partner with it is a construction requirement resource (I got Aluminum so i got a stable 3 br that i set up) what i'm saying is.... NEW nations don't need uranium because aggressive tech selling would be a better option than 3 mil for trades in case of nation building (although Uranium IS awesome, I never said Uranium sucked in any way)

Edited by Kim Jong Sick

I'm sure somebody else has said this before me, but I'm too lazy to read though 2 pages of posts...

Aside from Lead, there really aren't any bad resources. People seem to always complain about the FJ/AP resources (Gold, Silver, Furs, and Wine) but the FJ/AP set really isn't that bad, sure it isn't the 3BG, but it is definitely better than the all-too-common 8BG set.

There are, however, bad resource combos. While Furs doesn't suck, Furs and Oil does, because nobody wants Oil as a wildcard in the FJ/AP set, and nobody wants Furs as a wildcard in the 5BG set. Similarly, Rubber doesn't suck, but Rubber and Spices does, because nobody wants Rubber and a wildcard in the 3BG and Spices is a crappy wildcard in the 5BG.

So True, i have gold and furs and a very good income TC, but the problem is that it takes some energy to find the right stable partners.

Uranium provides a relatively large income boost on its own even for nations without nukes...

Like i said earlier I'm a relatively new nation that does not necessarily need uranium, but with more nations becoming nuke capable, the demand for a uranium trade will never decline. But with other nations with uranium and a partner resource that sucks like (furs or gems) they mostly get temp trades, sure some people are willing to give money for a temporary uranium trade but the receiving end of the trade money would only get a temporary boost of income, and nation development would be very slow. And with my nation development, I am starting to feel uranium's infra upkeep discount and income bonus, and uranium's awesomeness starts to kick in if i make it to a year in CN, because i could be able to buy a Manhattan project wonder (Along with SDI and a sizable war chest)

As for a starting Nation with Uranium, a good partner with it is a construction requirement resource (I got Aluminum so i got a stable 3 br that i set up) what i'm saying is.... NEW nations don't need uranium because aggressive tech selling would be a better option than 3 mil for trades in case of nation building (although Uranium IS awesome, I never said Uranium sucked in any way)

ur dum

Uranium – Reduces infrastructure upkeep cost -3%. Allow nations to develop nuclear weapons only if that nations government preference supports nuclear weapons. If a nations government preference favors nuclear technology for the use of nuclear power plants but does not support nuclear weapons then the nation will receive +$3.00 per citizen and +$0.15 for every level of tech purchased up to level 30 but loses -1 population happiness. If a nation owns nuclear weapons but does not have uranium the cost to maintain nukes is doubled. Lowers Submarine and Aircraft Carrier navy vessel purchase and upkeep cost -5%.

Did you even read the description for uranium?

Edited by o ya baby

key words for you to understand and in caps too

NEW NATION

TECH SELLING

you don't get the +7.5$(30 tech cap for income)bonus when you don't have tech because you sold it

I Repeat

NEW NATION

removed stuff that might get me a warning like enema and o ya baby

Edited by Kim Jong Sick

you don't get the +7.5$(30 tech cap for income)bonus when you don't have tech because you sold it

If you're collecting with 0 tech you're doing it wrong. Tech sellers with a clue keep 50 tech on them at all times, so they're always collecting with 50 tech, which is more than enough to max out the uranium income bonus.