The Worst Resource Combination

Londo Mollari

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any 8BR is extremely inferior to almost any other setup due to the low population increase

Lead + Silver isn't great, but it's not bad either. You fit into this affluent population setup with lead, which is pretty nice.

Iron, Lead, Wheat, Cattle, Uranium, Coal, Gold, Silver, Gems, Fish, Wine, Furs

Iron + Wine is a princely combination. I would trade my resources of aluminum + rubber in a heartbeat for it, and get:

Iron, Sugar, Wheat, Cattle, Uranium, Coal, Gold, Silver, Gems, Fish, Wine, Furs

Some stats on all nations above 40k NS in CN with lead + rubber native.

ladedadajs3.jpg

I challenge anyone to find a resource pair the 40K NS+ nations of which have lower average efficiency :V

Edited by Londo Mollari

Spices lead is better than Rubber lead, as spices has a happiness bonus of +2 and fits in a fast food setup. In fact, one can construct a modifed 3BR with lead and spices instead of water and spices, losing beer, but gaining scholars and significant cost reductions on navy and nuke bills. It might be slightly inferior to a standard 3BR, but not by much.

And in fact, the two lead/spice nations over 40k NS have an average efficiency of 109.275. :V

And anyone who knocks furs doesn't understand how much an AP circle kicks butt. It is pathetically easy to get temps to buy infra if you are even halfway IRC active. Furs is only inconvenient when paired with something that doesn't really go in an AP circle, like aluminum or marble. Even then, you can still build an AP setup that is only worse than the 'optimal' setup by around 4 happiness worth, which is still better than a 3BR.

Edited by Londo Mollari

I got gold/sugar....not a very good combo but I still got into a 8BR circle

Gold/Sugar is a top rate combo, as good as fish and wheat if you know what you are doing. I would give 100 million dollars to trade it for my crappy aluminum and rubber. That 8BR blows btw. :P

You want:

Iron, Sugar, Wheat, Uranium, Cattle, Gold, Silver, Gems, Coal, Fish, Furs, Wine

Now that is a godly setup.

I don't know if you can really judge it by efficiency because personally finding a good Lead/Silver circle that gives me Wheat Fish and Uranium is killing me, but my efficiency is still 105+ because I use my slots well and got plenty of funding while young (despite never joining an alliance until 53 days into my nation)

Its really all about getting into circles, and the thing with nations is that trade circles are better based on nation size. More Population while younger is best, but as you grow it might be best to get happiness because you won't make a dime without it.

Still, I am not a trades guy, but I did manage to make a trade idea in the resource thread, perhaps its halfway decent.

I don't know if you can really judge it by efficiency because personally finding a good Lead/Silver circle that gives me Wheat Fish and Uranium is killing me, but my efficiency is still 105+ because I use my slots well and got plenty of funding while young (despite never joining an alliance until 53 days into my nation)

You just have to PM nations in game with the setup I described that have the resource pairs you want but bad trade setups, explain the benefits of the circle, and go from there.

the worst combination of resources would probably 2 wild cards from 2 completely different trade rings or worse, 2 probable wild cards from 1 trade circle that has space for 1 wild card ex. wine/Uranium is hard to fit in a trade circle without replacing 1 bonus resource, but it all comes down to resourcefulness of the ruler who owns it he could make adapt and fit in an effective trade circle and 2 bad resources won't be an obstacle to the development of your nation