Vox Populi Announcement

How does a thread about Vox not taking on a banned member turn into what is essentially a glorified "Vox Suxx0rz"? Admittedly I skipped a lot, there's only so much bitterness I can take before losing interest. But I think I've just answered my own question.

Oh well, on a 100% more important note.

FlagofVoxPopuliEleventhRevolutionFr.png

I like this flag. Very eye-catching, but I don't see how it's related to Vox Populi. Something to do with the binary? Eh, it's probably blazingly obvious too.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does a thread about Vox not taking on a banned member turn into what is essentially a glorified "Vox Suxx0rz"? Admittedly I skipped a lot, there's only so much bitterness I can take before losing interest. But I think I've just answered my own question.

Oh well, on a 100% more important note.

I like this flag. Very eye-catching, but I don't see how it's related to Vox Populi. Something to do with the binary? Eh, it's probably blazingly obvious too.

The numbers are, indeed, "V" in Binary. :awesome:

OOC: For all the people who get annoyed at the irrelevance jibes, surely there is a difference between forum and game relevance? I don't make the claims myself, but I can see where those that do make them are coming from. Vox is almost undeniably irrelevant in the game; they have no political or military power, however much they'd like to pretend otherwise. They are however relevant on the forums because they have some of the most active forum posters in the game, a few of whom even present logical arguements. Someone calling you irrelevant on the forums therefore really isn't that nonsensical imo, as they are referring to your in-game relevance and thus the 'if i'm irrelevent why are you talking to me' argument doesn't really work.

EDIT: adding OOC tag

Edited by KingSuck

For all the people who get annoyed at the irrelevance jibes, surely there is a difference between forum and game relevance? I don't make the claims myself, but I can see where those that do make them are coming from. Vox is almost undeniably irrelevant in the game; they have no political or military power, however much they'd like to pretend otherwise. They are however relevant on the forums because they have some of the most active forum posters in the game, a few of whom even present logical arguements. Someone calling you irrelevant on the forums therefore really isn't that nonsensical imo, as they are referring to your in-game relevance and thus the 'if i'm irrelevent why are you talking to me' argument doesn't really work.

OOC: Are you telling me the forums and game aren't connected, two parts of one whole? Because they are, in all ways that matter. That is a really silly argument to make.

For all the people who get annoyed at the irrelevance jibes, surely there is a difference between forum and game relevance? I don't make the claims myself, but I can see where those that do make them are coming from. Vox is almost undeniably irrelevant in the game; they have no political or military power, however much they'd like to pretend otherwise. They are however relevant on the forums because they have some of the most active forum posters in the game, a few of whom even present logical arguements. Someone calling you irrelevant on the forums therefore really isn't that nonsensical imo, as they are referring to your in-game relevance and thus the 'if i'm irrelevent why are you talking to me' argument doesn't really work.

[OOC]A valid arguement, but one must note that these people are telling us on the forum, without specifying their reference to us in-game, that we are irrelevent.

So...this is all a miscommunication?

Then again, that still has no point since telling us we're irrelevent in relation to the game does not affect our operations on the forums, or the forums of other alliances. So, I suppose, no matter what the content of an arguement of irrelevency is, it is still irrelevent in and of itself.[/OOC]

The best part is when people tell us how irrelevant we are publicly and then send me a private message offering me information from inside their alliance. True story, happens quite a bit.

What? That's insane :blink:

Forum relevance is a large part of the game. Dilber is Ranked #1,515 of 29,377 Nations (5.16%), but I wouldn't say there are 1500 people who are more important than him.

Forum relevance is a large part of the game. Dilber is Ranked #1,515 of 29,377 Nations (5.16%), but I wouldn't say there are 1500 people who are more important than him.

Count da Silva would :awesome:

Edited by MegaAros

Slap me if my eyes have not been working, but I haven't seen him post lately...

...not that he is irrelevent in all aspects.

Edited by Gatherum

Which is, of course, why the Vox forums had multiple hate and panic filled threads about myself. :jihad:

I don't know what these "forums" and "threads" are that you speak of, but we indeed had one short conversation about a man named Mobius_1, the man you were in your previous life. How you reincarnated, I know not, but I do know you are not as important as you like to think you are.

Slap me if my eyes have not been working, but I haven't seen him post lately...

...not that he is irrelevent in all aspects.

That's a good point; as well as your physical nation and your public presence here, there are also private channels, and relevance there is arguably the most important of the three.

The numbers are, indeed, "V" in Binary. :awesome:

Very clever, my kudos to the artist for whatever they're worth. I like the FAN based flag also. But mostly cause It has V in it. :awesome:

Eh, maybe I should focus on the topic at hand.

I know it has already been said but the very fact that a rather large debate has begun about the relevance of Vox Populi makes it obvious that they are not at all irrelevant. Every topic that mentions Vox in anyway becomes a hive of activity. What other evidence do you need?

OOC: Are you telling me the forums and game aren't connected, two parts of one whole? Because they are, in all ways that matter. That is a really silly argument to make.

[OOC] No, they are definitely connected. However they are not the same thing and one part (in-game relevance) greatly transcends the other imo.

[OOC]A valid arguement, but one must note that these people are telling us on the forum, without specifying their reference to us in-game, that we are irrelevent.

So...this is all a miscommunication?

I'd argue that people are getting forum and in-game relevance confused. The forum is the place where we discuss the game. Therefore the forum is probably the place where they should tell you you're irrelevant in-game, however I think it's pretty obvious you are relevant on the forums; thus the problem.

Dilber's forum relevance comes completely from his in-game position. As charming as I'm sure he is, I doubt people would pay him as much attention if he wasn't such a prominent member of the NPO :P [/OOC]

Edited by KingSuck

Very clever, my kudos to the artist for whatever they're worth. I like the FAN based flag also. But mostly cause It has V in it. :awesome:

Eh, maybe I should focus on the topic at hand.

I know it has already been said but the very fact that a rather large debate has begun about the relevance of Vox Populi makes it obvious that they are not at all irrelevant. Every topic that mentions Vox in anyway becomes a hive of activity. What other evidence do you need?

Why thank you, your kudos does indeed mean a lot. ^^

Gatherum made all of them save for the second, wavy one that he believes Doitzel made, though he did fix the horrible stairstep effect that it used to have the best that he could.

...he cleared his throat.

In a way, we're beneficial since, despite our threads revealing little in any real, concrete information, people tend to post in them a lot, which I am sure is simply because they are bored. But it's alright. I get bored more than others, which is why I decided to become a Tech-Raider overnight. :awesome:

Is VoX claiming no banned members exist within their ranks?

This is hilarious to me. If you know of Vox members who are involving themselves in our movement in violation of Admin's laws, then go ahead and get in touch with me and we'll get it sorted. Unlike our enemies, Vox does not spend much time comparing identifying traits of every applicant or anyone that shows brain activity despite their newness.

On every ocassion that we've been explicitly informed or discovered ourselves that a [OOC] banned player [/OOC] is among us or attempting to join us, we have ejected them or denied their application at the least, and in most cases sent the information to Admin.

In the case that you're just asking an honest question and not trying to trip us up with some dramatic irony, then your answer is "no, Vox Populi has no knowledge of any such members."

I'm not exactly sure how I'm at all similar to this Mobius 1 I supposedly am, and although it's quite an honor to be linked to the best intellectual Vox had I'll pass as I disagree with the premise he presents with his neo francoism.

In any case, was this thread really necessary? Could this banned player have been taken care of like any ordinary alliance would have that deals with folks like him everyday without posting announcements? Absolutely. But since Vox is such an empty balloon, apparently every little action the govt takes must entail a thread.

"We're a real alliance!" Well then start acting like one... I guess that would entail striving to be a successful civlization. Anyway I'm done with this announcement, I'll have to create my own thread later.

In fact, no, Vox Populi can not deal with this individual the same way every other alliance deals with such individuals. This way is better.

Rather than exploiting our knowledge of this ruler's status by attacking him to grab tech and cash while it was available like most alliances, we partook of no poisoned fruit, and dealt with him as we should have: By invoking Admin. After he was smote, he began taking actions beyond the scope of any ruler or alliance to deal with him by [OOC] going around wearing a [Vox] tag and assuming the identities of Vox government on IRC like some Comrade banned member nightmare. I don't know about NATO, but Vox does not have the power to change people's IRC nicks or stop them from saying things on IRC.[/OOC]

The fact of the matter is that in high-profile person cases such as this, "real" alliances (whatever that means) often deal with the situatio nin just this manner, by informign the world in the most efficient way: One announcement here.

You can have philosophical disagreements with us, but when you're so jaded that you can't see that you're making assinine remarks, then you've gotten to the stage where you need to go on a retreat in the mountains for a bit.

Looking back at your first remark, it seems it was a little joke with no ill intent, and I for one am sorry it got progressed by myself and Moridin, but when it's you talkig nto us, if you're making a joke make sure you use one of theses bad boys :P because we can't always tell.

[OOC] Dilber's forum relevance comes completely from his in-game position. As charming as I'm sure he is, I doubt people would pay him as much attention if he wasn't such a prominent member of the NPO :P [/OOC]

You're completely incorrect. I have never ruled a nation over 10k NS and while I have held government positions in many alliances I have never done so in a powerful alliance, but damn if I can't make you all dance like little monkeys on any day of the week (or every day of the week) with one well-placed snipe or one well-worded announcement--like, say, this one.

OOC: I almost anyways mourn the loss of players from the game, especially when its over technicalities like a series of relatively minor forum violations over an extended period they never bothered to appeal.

In the case of banned member however, I'll give a polite golf clap to the Mods. banned member always manages to blow up and/or self-destruct. Every time he comes back. Every game he plays. <_<

On Topic and IC: It is a little ironic that Vox reported him, but not unwelcomed.

Edited by ChairmanHal

I don't know what these "forums" and "threads" are that you speak of, but we indeed had one short conversation about a man named Mobius_1, the man you were in your previous life. How you reincarnated, I know not, but I do know you are not as important as you like to think you are.

You really can't help yourself, can you?

You're completely incorrect. I have never ruled a nation over 10k NS and while I have held government positions in many alliances I have never done so in a powerful alliance, but damn if I can't make you all dance like little monkeys on any day of the week (or every day of the week) with one well-placed snipe or one well-worded announcement--like, say, this one.

Eh, I remained unconvinced. You and Vox Populi as a whole simply suffer from a Napoleon complex. I can't count the amount of times I've heard a Vox Populi member say, "Oh yeah, well if we're so irrelevant than how come fill in the blank.?!?!?

Yelling really loudly and writing checks with your mouths that your butts could never hope to cash does not make you relevant, just annoying. Making announcements that people like responding to in order to rip them apart does not make the content of the announcement relevant, it's just a really juicy target. I hope I've cleared up these misconceptions you've held, Schattenman.

ok... I stated that the reason Dilber has such relevance on these forums is due to his in-game position.

Your logic for me being 'completely incorrect' is that you can make us all dance like little monkeys? :unsure:

Edited by KingSuck