Vox Populi Announcement

I'm not exactly sure how I'm at all similar to this Mobius 1 I supposedly am, and although it's quite an honor to be linked to the best intellectual Vox had I'll pass as I disagree with the premise he presents with his neo francoism.

In any case, was this thread really necessary? Could this banned player have been taken care of like any ordinary alliance would have that deals with folks like him everyday without posting announcements? Absolutely. But since Vox is such an empty balloon, apparently every little action the govt takes must entail a thread.

"We're a real alliance!" Well then start acting like one... I guess that would entail striving to be a successful civlization. Anyway I'm done with this announcement, I'll have to create my own thread later.

I am glad to see you took my words to heart :rolleyes:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But since Vox is such an empty balloon, apparently every little action the govt takes must entail a thread.

broken-record.jpg

Seriously, every time vox posts anything it turns into a 10+ page thread about how "vox is irrelevant" or "you suck" or "death to NPO" or something similar.

IF VOX IS SO IRRELEVANT STOP FEEDING THEM

Seriously. The irony behind the sheer multitude of "vox is irrelevant" or similar statements is astounding.

If you actually believed this you'd never bother to read any vox thread, but wait, you read and respond to every single one of them which clearly means they are not irrelevant.

Edited by alden peterson

Seriously, every time vox posts anything it turns into a 10+ page thread about how "vox is irrelevant" or "you suck" or "death to NPO" or something similar.

IF VOX IS SO IRRELEVANT STOP FEEDING THEM

Seriously. The irony behind the sheer multitude of "vox is irrelevant" or similar statements is astounding.

Hasn't it occured to you that Vox publicity may actually be more advantageous for civilization than terror?

If you actually believed this you'd never bother to read any vox thread, but wait, you read and respond to every single one of them which clearly means they are not irrelevant.

I love it when they take the time to actually inform us of our irrelevance and thereby disprove their argument by making it.

I have a theory that the people who repeatedly call us (and me especially) irrelevant are just repeating it over and over again with the hope that if they say it enough it will become true.

Hasn't it occured to you that Vox publicity may actually be more advantageous for civilization than terror?

Well let's consider -

1) Vox has no military power

2) Vox's only weapons are

a) Forum and IRC communication

B) Spying

So, logical deduction would infer that to neuter one of their main weapons (point 2a) would be to ignore them.

Not sure how I can see how talking about vox more (thereby enabling 2a) can possibly be worse for them than not talking about them, and denying them 1/2 their available tools.

Well let's consider -

1) Vox has no military power

2) Vox's only weapons are

a) Forum and IRC communication

B) Spying

So, logical deduction would infer that to neuter one of their main weapons (point 2a) would be to ignore them.

Not sure how I can see how talking about vox more (thereby enabling 2a) can possibly be worse for them than not talking about them, and denying them 1/2 their available tools.

You're making an assumption that publicity is a tool that will advance their interests. I actually believe the opposite, that the more publicity Vox Populi enjoys, the better it is for us. Sort of like FAN.

A little birdie told me.

OOC: Would that little birdie happen to be OOC knowledge that you are bringing into your new character while simultainiously condemning people for going OOC by pointing out your old character?

People who treat new characters in the manner you have been treating this "new identity" is the reason people are able to justify chasing ZI targets across re-rolls. I used to have a lot of respect for you junka, but now you seem to be nothing but bitter and vengeful and neither of those traits are very respectable.

Edited by KingSrqt

You're making an assumption that publicity is a tool that will advance their interests. I actually believe the opposite, that the more publicity Vox Populi enjoys, the better it is for us. Sort of like FAN.

On the contrary the more Vox threads I read the more tired I get of the same arguments coming from the 'established Order'. I might be getting brainwashed by their methods :mellow: or maybe I just find your smear campaign really, really annoying.

Either way Vox is amusing, in a twistedly awesome sort of way.

OOC: Would that little birdie happen to be OOC knowledge that you are bringing into your new character while simultainiously condemning people for going OOC by pointing out your old character.

People who treat new characters in t he manner you have been treating this "new identity" is the reason people are able to justify chasing ZI targets across re-rolls. I used to have a lot of respect for you junka, but now you seem to be nothing but bitter and vengeful and neither of those traits are very respectable.

This is the very reason I don't see any need to condone PZI or EZI, if they're gonna continue to be asshats in their re-roll, they'll just quickly re-earn their ZI status. No need to actually chase them or track them.

Gatherum sighed.

For one, I don't recall anyone in Vox Populi ever stating that Moo was a megalomaniacal tyrant. In fact, I remember having a conversation with some other Voxians, and they stated that he was actually a good person (that being in an IC context), but is more of a figurehead who takes too much input from the Imperial Officers (though, something tells me that Sponge in particular has much more animosity toward him :awesome:). Whether or not that opinion has changed, I am unsure, but that is how I remember it. Personally, I am impartial to the man simply because I have never had a direct discussion with him.

As for yourself, Silva, I actually have little against you as a Voxian, seeing as how you are not unlike us in some respects. You seem to enjoy attempting to bring us down with your words at every opportunity (which is how you're like us since we enjoy bringing down those of the Status Quo, in any way that we can). However, I believe people make the differentiation when they realize that all you ever really say is a more long-winded version of, "NO U!"

Spy on us and find something incriminating. Get some screenshots, or logs; anything juicier and more effective as ammunition than the words that you come here with every time Vox posts something.

[OOC]Assuming that you are a Re-Roll of Mobius_1, and, by extension, Junkalunka, I am saddened by the turn that you have taken in all of this, not because you're now against us, but because of the content of your speech. You used to make posts that were once meaningful, and, if you remember, you once wrote an essay that I generally agreed with and responded to with my own. Where that went, I'm not sure, but it would be a welcome revisit, honestly.

If it turns out that you really aren't him, then mine apologies. The other parts of this post still apply, however.[/OOC]

That is all.

Edited by Gatherum

On the contrary the more Vox threads I read the more tired I get of the same arguments coming from the 'established Order'. I might be getting brainwashed by their methods :mellow: or maybe I just find your smear campaign really, really annoying.

Oh, the irony.

How has your publicity advanced your interests? Conversely, how has anti-NPO sentiment affected their position? You guys should think long and hard about that.

I think the fact that the number of operatives we have working undercover inside the hegemony is nearly three times the number of open Vox members and that that number is growing daily should tell you that our interests are indeed advanced by the publicity we receive. For every agent that falls away, two take their place. It's getting to the point where I will need to hire a staff just to keep up with the flow of information coming in to us. How has it advanced our interests? Our weapon is information, our shield is truth, and we're armed to the teeth. That's all thanks to those who have rallied to our cause because they see the justice in it. Anti-NPO sentiment has affected their position greatly, as will become more evident over the coming days and weeks. I won't go into a whole lot of detail regarding this due to my policy against discussing sources and methods but anyone who pays close attention to the goings on around here will have a pretty good idea of what I'm getting at.

Trust me, if I say something it is because I have given extensive thought to it. It is a very rare thing for me to speak extemporaneously.

Oh, the irony.

I find their smear campaign amusing, mostly because it is different with each aspect they use, unlike the "Vox are irrelevant, but I'm posting here, just to let you know they are irrelevant, oh yeah, they suck and arn't an alliance either" posts that I see from pretty much everyone.

I never said I disliked smear campaigns, just unoriginal and boring ones.

I find their smear campaign amusing, mostly because it is different with each aspect they use, unlike the "Vox are irrelevant, but I'm posting here, just to let you know they are irrelevant, oh yeah, they suck and arn't an alliance either" posts that I see from pretty much everyone.

I never said I disliked smear campaigns, just unoriginal and boring ones.

The best part is when people tell us how irrelevant we are publicly and then send me a private message offering me information from inside their alliance. True story, happens quite a bit.