Reroll scheme

raptorix

What I want to know is: Why don't they let a player drop all his trades to reroll his resources once every month or so?

It would be an easy way to fix up resources without necessarily changing them entirely.

I started with a lousy set and totally didn't know it. I found out when I began getting into the game. Seems inherently unfair.

My resources, by the way, are Silver and Lead.

How dare you befoul the holy metal Lead?

I was actually told by a friend that my Lead/Silver wasn't terrible, and I'm in a decent circle; I ended up improvising Affluent Population/Fine Jewellery/Microchips for a while, then was included on an AP/FJ/Fast Food one. Wow, look at all those people ready to work in the lead mines..

I remember when I was in the 7BR setup. (Well, 8, but my citizens were too illiterate to get Scholars.) Then the guy with Aluminium dropped. I never saw the stuff again..until I was in that AP-FJ set, and then someone offerred it to me. Around when I was looking for FISH! I politely declined and filled IRC with some choice language..

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This graph thingy is totally wrong, as it fails to consider the combos needed

3BR

5BR

AP/FJ

Now, if any pair of resources are in those, they should be good. If in the top one, excellent. If one is in one, and the other in a different, then very bad.

Read this

and try again.

• 2 months later...

Any nation can do well with any base set of resources. If you have resources like mine it just means you'll have to spend some time paying to find trades. I 'bought' a trade circle that is the best I'll ever do. My base resources are gold + lead, and while many of my trade circle members could get better trades they choose not to because what they have is easier, it's still pretty good and I paid them when they were small and helped them grow.

Personal relationships >> What is optimal, quite often.

Also, at high NS levels most of your growth will be in the form of tech dealing; 18m a month is really nothing at high levels, no matter how bad your trade set might be.

I disagree,

I have Uranium and Rubber ,you have that combo listed in the red.

not long after I started my nation, older nations that were going nuclear began searching me out(and I them) for payed trades.I was turning 12 million a month in income from nations that just bought the (MP) that alot of cash for a nation under 10K NS

as my nation has grown and 12 million is now made in 3 days taxes at this point. I have been in a long term trade circle with 8 bonuses.

its all in how you sell your resources as to their value

Edited by Northern Empire

Any nation can do well with any base set of resources. If you have resources like mine it just means you'll have to spend some time paying to find trades. I 'bought' a trade circle that is the best I'll ever do. My base resources are gold + lead, and while many of my trade circle members could get better trades they choose not to because what they have is easier, it's still pretty good and I paid them when they were small and helped them grow.

Personal relationships >> What is optimal, quite often.

Also, at high NS levels most of your growth will be in the form of tech dealing; 18m a month is really nothing at high levels, no matter how bad your trade set might be.

Gold and Lead are part of the 7 or 8 BR sets, you should be able to get a stable trade circle without paying.

This chart can't be right. Take it from me, rubber is a terrible resource. Always reroll if you have rubber.

That's not true. Rubber isn't bad at all when combined with something that fits into the 5BR, 7 BR or 8 BR sets. This goes for most resources.

Edited by Viluin

My resources are not "very bad", i have wheat and furs, yes furs isn't great but it gives a decent income boost and i can fit nicely in any trade circle, i would say these are very good.

I personally don't understand why Uranium and Coal are listed as "medium" (my resources). Uranium cuts down on nuclear upkeep and provides a potential +30$ gross income, while coal is nice for military nations = great military trader overall? Not to mention I could usually get the trades I want - along with other trades being offered to me.

My resources are not "very bad", i have wheat and furs, yes furs isn't great but it gives a decent income boost and i can fit nicely in any trade circle, i would say these are very good.

The only circle you should fit into "nicely" is a max income circle :\