Reroll scheme

raptorix

I see this to be flawed. In my experience, there is almost always a superior alternative to 8BG.

It's been almost a year now since Affluent Population was made into a desirable bonus resource, and your resources are perfectly cut for an AP+FJ+St circle. At lower levels, this is optimized by resource swapping to pay bills and to buy infra, but this just requires a decent network of temp traders. I have Aluminum/Wine, which you have listed as an excellent combination. It worked well in my early days of playing, as it supported a nearly perfect 3BG setup. However, when the time came that I needed a constant uranium trade, my arrangement was less than ideal. Upon switching to AP+FJ+St, my net income increased significantly, and if I ever decide to purchase more infra, I'm two trades away from an optimal setup for it. My resource set begins strong, but for a nuclear nation I'd place it between light green and neutral by your rankings.

Yes, too bad i lost a trade, and its hard to find wine + fish (jesus!), so last time i collected i did that with wine and wheat, too bad i miss Affluent Population than. I pay my bills with this set, since my bills are only 2.3 million and i already have coal/uranium. When buying infra i swap offcourse, but coming months i prefer to idle on 5k infra.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uranium is only green with Aluminum, Iron, Marble, Lumber. :wacko:

Not everyone wants to glow green...at least in the beginning stages of the game

With Nuclear power plant and 25 nukes(and for some people MP) however, Uranium is a pretty good extra resource to have. I do enjoy my 3 bonus + uranium trade circle

I have Gold and Furs, which is one of the wordt sets you can have, i was very lucky that i could complete a set 7 (max income) set, but normally gold and furs are hard to place.

I have Gold & Furs and my nation is at almost 69kNS with an efficiency of almost 120, just think what I could've done if I didn't have the worst resources in the game. :lol:

I hate my resources, I have Lead and Silver. Perhaps the worst combination in the game, because it only fits into the Jewels circles. But I am around 26k NS, and NEED the uranium access, and the population boosters access. So dropping the population for uranium is going to kill my income.

Why do we have resources that almost entirely restrict our nations to either the population bonuses, or the cash bonuses?

Robo-pigs only get a medium? Their :awesome: ness alone should make then an excellent trade, not concerning that they fit nicely into a 3BR TC :P

I do find some of the chart to be a bit off though. Fish/Wheat only gets a Good? I would consider any combo that gets into a 3BR to be excellent and any 2 resources that get into a decent stable setup (furs/gold, coal/rubber) as ok. The only pair of resources I would consider to be really bad, are some pairings with lead, or 2 resources aimed for different setups (rubber/silver, furs/oil).

EDIT: Fixed smiley codes

Edited by Emperor Badger

I hate my resources, I have Lead and Silver. Perhaps the worst combination in the game, because it only fits into the Jewels circles. But I am around 26k NS, and NEED the uranium access, and the population boosters access. So dropping the population for uranium is going to kill my income.

Why do we have resources that almost entirely restrict our nations to either the population bonuses, or the cash bonuses?

Agree, Fish/Wheat are excellent, probably made a typo :)

And again, SOME resources are not bad at all but often hard to place, and i can ensure you that with any combo you can get a good TC if you invest enough time.

You have gold and furs with anything rated as very bad when they are both part of the best trade set for high end nations.

There is a lot of truth to the statement that people only want the 3BR or the 8BR trade circles, regardless of whether they are the best :-\

There is a lot of truth to the statement that people only want the 3BR or the 8BR trade circles, regardless of whether they are the best :-\

People shouldn't reroll if they have those resources, they will be great once they are large and will pay off for all the hard times they had getting trades when they were smaller.

In the spirit of the game you should really just play the cards you're dealt. Making the best of a bad or good resource is a matter of timing and strategy - just ask all the people who had water six months ago

Agreed. My resources (cattle & spices) are not the very best in the game, but they're ok and part of the Const/FF/Beer set, so I can hardly complain about them. And every resource has some benefit. If you have poor resources, consider it a challenge. Success achieved despite obstacles to overcome is more rewarding than success due to just pure luck.

What's so 'very bad' about pigs and iron? It fits into the 3br well, and I get an increase in pop. and a decrease in infra costs.

Hahhaha made a big typo there, is somewhere between Excellent and Good offcourse, i think i rate it and Excellent in my next update :)

Someone should have told me to reroll a long time ago, oil and wine. With these resources I will never fit in an "ideal" trade set and I only keep reliable trades through charity from alliance mates. Before I was put in a trade circle despite my oil screwing it up I never made it a week with a full set of trades....

It's all a matter of preference. Thankfully, many people have the same preference. It's somewhat good to know I have "good" by your chart.

Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead trading for water, aluminum, iron, oil, or lumber. That's just my wacky set.

Biggest beef is with your pigs allocations. Pigs/Uranium is at least Good, not very bad. Pigs/iron should be Excellent, not Very Bad. Pigs/Gems is also probably Good, not Very Bad.

Other things minor... like any fish/3br resource should be Excellent, or Wheat+, etc.

Erm, why is pigs and uranium red?

I think this was a neat idea to do, but I don't think basing it on experience instead of trade sets, and saying you suggest everyone who has a red resource reroll, goes together real well. >_>

But then again, I don't like the idea of rerolling in general. When I first joined CN, I was told that my resources were utter crap, and that I should reroll. I didn't, and now today they're part of one of the "best" trade sets.

Edited by Raiizn

Your chart is interesting, but this rating changes a great deal depending on your level..

For example, I have Marble/Spices. That is a great combo to start with.

However, now at 10k infra the marble is far less useful that another resource would be.

I'd agree, with Marble/Fish I am in the same situation (not liking my Marble if I don't buy infra more than once every few months :().

• 4 weeks later...

What I want to know is: Why don't they let a player drop all his trades to reroll his resources once every month or so?

It would be an easy way to fix up resources without necessarily changing them entirely.

I started with a lousy set and totally didn't know it. I found out when I began getting into the game. Seems inherently unfair.

My resources, by the way, are Silver and Lead.

If you want REALLY BAD try combinations like Spices/Lead where there are essentially no circles that take both those without sacrificing a major resource.

Not that bad really. Seen plenty of people who replace their marble from a 3bg+fish and uranium with a lead.

And it saves them a lot of money (-20% nuke and navy upkeep is a lot really, plus rebuying WRC powered nukes with a 20% discount) + it nets them a lot of income too (1-1.25 environment depending on how many nukes you have + 3$ bonus income, unaffected by env)

Anyway REALLY bad native trades are ones that have resources from different resource sets that can't be obtained at the same time.

So resources that are in AP but not in FJ (except fish which is just too good) have lower "compatibility" than other resources, since if you're stuck with either of them and another resources from another circle you're in deep trouble.

Same goes for most cases, though some resources have backups (see oil for example which goes with asphalt - automobiles as well as microchips - rad cleanup, though the later is less useful)

Also i think Furs + Rubber is probably the worst combination in the game.