Reroll scheme

raptorix

I thought it would be nice to share this scheme with the CN community, this scheme gives a rating to your resources, this rating is based on my personall experience as trade circle builder of Fok, some resources are not that bad, but are hard to place in a tradecircle and thats why it's rating is lower, my believe is that you should always reroll if the combination is displayed as red.

1zmjeaq.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Furs and any of the Af Pop resources are WAAAY better than furs/marble.

I'm skeptical of a lot of these combinations for that reason, such as gold/gems, as when they fit into a circle they are NOT worse than trade combos that do not fit into circles.

If you want REALLY BAD try combinations like Spices/Lead where there are essentially no circles that take both those without sacrificing a major resource.

So it's true, oil & water DON'T mix! :blink:

According to that chart I should have considered re-rolling. Oh well. If people followed this advice sooner or later those bad resources would become scarce and then the values would change, wouldn't they? Would we really want everyone to have the same resource set?

I have a 'red' trade

I've never had a trouble keeping trades. Not when I was on Maroon, not when I was on Aqua and not now on Blue.

I don't see how oil and coal is more acceptable than Gold and Iron. Gold isn't great but it has worked for me as a wilcard in 3BR. Oil and Coal you have to go 5BR and you need someone prepared to accept two environment harming resources.

I'm very skeptical of this chart; in fact, I don't even agree on some of the extrema. For one, it seems to totally neglect the AP+FJ+St BG set, which is one of the highest income arrangements in the game. What were the criteria upon which you based this? Does it stand upon some sort of mathematical rigor, or is it more of an "in my experience" construct? It's a good idea, and I like the way that you presented it, but I think the actual assignments need to be reconsidered.

I agree with Tryptamine. It's a good concept but it reads like you've had bad experiences. I have Aluminum and Furs and have never had trouble maintaining a 3BR + fish. It doesn't really come TOO much better than that. Plus you're very hard on lead, but it helps on military upkeep for large nations and gives them access to scholars.

Perhaps just tone down the ratings on some of them. There are some combos that aren't ideal, but very few that are so 'very bad' that they can't be fit into a circle.

For the record, I have set up more than 10 circles so I do have some experience in this area.

I'm very skeptical of this chart; in fact, I don't even agree on some of the extrema. For one, it seems to totally neglect the AP+FJ+St BG set, which is one of the highest income arrangements in the game. What were the criteria upon which you based this? Does it stand upon some sort of mathematical rigor, or is it more of an "in my experience" construct? It's a good idea, and I like the way that you presented it, but I think the actual assignments need to be reconsidered.

This is Raptorix opinion as a former FOK trade circle builder, in FOK we don't aim at the set you're describing, as the main goal will be a 3br set and as that isn't possible he starts up an 8br set. If a player is very active he can temptrade once every 19 days to get a temporary collection set.

To all people above me describing they have red natural resources but a good circle, even with lead and wine you can find a good trade set.

I can respect that some combos will be harder to fit into ideal TCs than others, but I suspect that the above chart is based on some kind of game theory assumption than nobody will accept a tradecircle short of the best they can manage with their own resources. The reason this fails is because many people prefer to to compromise slightly on tradeset to gain the stability of trading with people they can trust, and the safety from sanctions that comes from trading in-alliance. If everyone went for the totally optimum tradesets then it would be utterly impossible to achieve this.

I have oil/water which should be a re-roll according to the chart yet I'm very happy with my tradeset. My combo is not a standard one but it's a slight variant on a common one and works out better than the majority of tradesets in terms of pop, military and income, and is not hugely short of the AP set in terms of pure income. And at the same time it's fully within the pink team, and composed of immediately and close allies.

Edited by Chairman Cao

As said this scheme is based on PERSONAL expierence, indeed some resource sets are in theory very good, but hard to place in tradecircles.

I have Gold and Furs, which is one of the wordt sets you can have, i was very lucky that i could complete a set 7 (max income) set, but normally gold and furs are hard to place.

It can be that i did under/over rate some combo's i filled the sheet in about an hour and already saw some mistakes, i will soon try to update the sheet.

When i had to start over, i would definitly reroll till i had at least Marble, Lumber or Fish(most combos) , they are ALWAYS the hardest recources to find, in almost EVERY set (except set 7).

the main goal will be a 3br set and as that isn't possible he starts up an 8br set.

I see this to be flawed. In my experience, there is almost always a superior alternative to 8BG.

I have Gold and Furs, which is one of the wordt sets you can have, i was very lucky that i could complete a set 7 (max income) set, but normally gold and furs are hard to place.

It's been almost a year now since Affluent Population was made into a desirable bonus resource, and your resources are perfectly cut for an AP+FJ+St circle. At lower levels, this is optimized by resource swapping to pay bills and to buy infra, but this just requires a decent network of temp traders. I have Aluminum/Wine, which you have listed as an excellent combination. It worked well in my early days of playing, as it supported a nearly perfect 3BG setup. However, when the time came that I needed a constant uranium trade, my arrangement was less than ideal. Upon switching to AP+FJ+St, my net income increased significantly, and if I ever decide to purchase more infra, I'm two trades away from an optimal setup for it. My resource set begins strong, but for a nuclear nation I'd place it between light green and neutral by your rankings.

Water-Rubber is terrible?

I've never had issues with an 8BR to start, and then the superior 5BR with Fish+Cattle+Uranium

Well terrible is little bit over the top, would say its a medium set, water is good, but rubber is not too popular.

People seem to forget that 80 percent of the tradecircles are set 1.