How to keep a warchest?

weakestlink33

Warchests are only important if you on the right side of a beat down or plan to surrender (and have it accepted). Otherwise, all they do is delay the inevitable.

If an alliance can nuke for months longer because of a proper warchest, there is a bit more incentive to play nice with us.

by a certain day << than day 100...you have no nation and a large war chest...congrats ;)

I am not saying not to have a war chest, but do you ever fathom a 100 day nuclear war?

Actually any alliance attacking us will receive more than 100 days of nuclear war. So yes, I can fathom 100 days of it.

I only keep 1.3b as a warchest, and only because I was an alliance leader and have maxed out all my aid slots in one day during a war. Lower nations (>5k ns) should only really keep a few mil on hand, as:

1. Money is easier to obtain from external sources.

2. The money would be way more beneficial in a sled or buying infra.

As most smart, and lower nations will tell you, you should either be in a sled/fixing trades/collecting at all times, and therefore should have an adequate amount of money to protect yourself during a war at all times. The only problem with this is; some sledding nations may not have enough troops on hand to survive two consecutive attacks from one nation without going into anarchy. An easy fix; just buy troops during times of political turmoil while sledding, or don't do it at all.

100 days of back-collection is way too much, while it would be great to have. Our alliance policy is getting people to eight-days of back collection, and two months worth for nations above a certain NS.

As for the poster's particular situation, at 2-3k infra, I would suggest saving around 20-mil. If it isn't used during a war, then at least look at getting a wonder within the next month or two. Alliance bank programs at your stage is sometimes a wonderful way to build up as well, and learn first-hand on how to save money. Talk to your local MoF for possible opportunities near you.

Or making it extremely painful to those attacking you for as long as possible.

Exactly. For larger nations wih a nice set of wonders, being able to pay bills, re-buy infra/tech/military, all while being able to launch two nukes and buy two nukes per day - for two or three months straight - is a huge incentive to work toward peace or to leave that nation/alliance alone.

Exactly. For larger nations wih a nice set of wonders, being able to pay bills, re-buy infra/tech/military, all while being able to launch two nukes and buy two nukes per day - for two or three months straight - is a huge incentive to work toward peace or to leave that nation/alliance alone.

Especially when those 2 nukes can do 500+ infra damage each B)

by a certain day << than day 100...you have no nation and a large war chest...congrats ;)

I am not saying not to have a war chest, but do you ever fathom a 100 day nuclear war?

100 days bills doesn't equate to 100 days fighting btw, its more like 25 - 30 depending on the size of the enemy.