Looking for an old War Horse

Republic of Roma

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My god, is NPO this much of a paper tiger? Do they have no capable nations in range? They could at least try getting some nukes to the nations facing this remarkable warrior, FFS!, he is not even anarchied!

NPO is a long way from a paper tiger; at the range the gentleman is at...there are not many who would have the nukes to hit back with. Nor, the warchest necessary to deal with it. I'd say the ns range that can engage have likely done what they could and learned a bit. They cycle out...the next set cycles in.

Though I will admit; nicely done, sir.

You do realize why he is able to use nukes? How big he would have had to have been and how low he brought himself or was brought to. NPO is supposed to bring nukes to the nations of NS that low? Don't be silly. I am not saying this shows well on us but statements like yours are good for a laugh but you cant honestly be serious with that statement.

Hey Heinous, our 24k just picked up his MP the other day. I could have one tomorrow if I wanted too; though I'm at 30k...and it's not on my list until a little later.

'sides its good training for your youngers, lets them get some licks in...get through the 'OMG HE'S GOT NUKES!' and such. I know when I faced experienced folks when they fell into my range and was given the 'weapons free'; I got hurt and learned a crudload. And yeah, still learnin :)

You do realize why he is able to use nukes? How big he would have had to have been and how low he brought himself or was brought to. NPO is supposed to bring nukes to the nations of NS that low? Don't be silly. I am not saying this shows well on us but statements like yours are good for a laugh but you cant honestly be serious with that statement.

Nukes require 3k infra, 1k tech and $100,000,000. Not exactly hard targets. A dedicated effort to have nukes can be accomplished by 15k. (well, 9k for the infra, 5k for the tech, and 1k for other bits and bobs).

The better question is why don't you have him in anarchy? You can hit him with 20k+ nations, a good quad attack would put him in anarchy, then wait an update, and repeat. That will stop him coming out of anarchy, and drain whatever funds he has quickly. Keep it up for a while, and you will bleed his warchest dry, and soon he won't be able to buy the nukes. It will empty out even faster if you keep forcing him to buy up to 100o infra to get more nukes, then bashing him down again.

If you look at his graph his nation strength you will see he is on the same NS he was 24 days ago. This means, in 24 days, you have not hurt him. Evidently, tank in, tank out has had little no no effect.

Edited by LeVentNoir

Considering the amount of destroyed nations the NPO leaves in it's wake, it would definitely be worth your alliance's time to form a battalion of tiny nations with MPs and whatnot. It would take a few months and you'd need people that are happy sitting at 1k or so infra, but after that you'd be able to take out Vox/FAN/whatever nations much more efficiently and wouldn't have to resort to sending poorly equipped recruits into battle.

Considering the amount of destroyed nations the NPO leaves in it's wake, it would definitely be worth your alliance's time to form a battalion of tiny nations with MPs and whatnot. It would take a few months and you'd need people that are happy sitting at 1k or so infra, but after that you'd be able to take out Vox/FAN/whatever nations much more efficiently and wouldn't have to resort to sending poorly equipped recruits into battle.

I would have assumed they already did this...

I remember a whole bunch of propaganda from back between the first great war and the third great war that called nuclear weapons "the easy button," and fighters who relied on them were considered terrible. It seems the CN community has forgotten that period of time and the standard has changed. If launching nuclear weapons at nations that are clearly unable to defend against them (let alone produce them) makes you a great fighter, then this man is obviously top of the line. The story doesn't change though. We'll keep fighting him until his funds and nukes run out, and then you all will find he's just as mortal as we know he is.

I remember a whole bunch of propaganda from back between the first great war and the third great war that called nuclear weapons "the easy button," and fighters who relied on them were considered terrible. It seems the CN community has forgotten that period of time and the standard has changed. If launching nuclear weapons at nations that are clearly unable to defend against them (let alone produce them) makes you a great fighter, then this man is obviously top of the line. The story doesn't change though. We'll keep fighting him until his funds and nukes run out, and then you all will find he's just as mortal as we know he is.

Yeah, it was rubbish back then and it's still rubbish today. Would you avoid using aircraft if your enemy had none?

Edited by der_ko

It takes a special someone to bring nukes into 4k NS range, and systematically nuke anyone who's been inactive for over 10 days.

:awesome:

You are just mad because despite having yourself and 5 of your friends on me and you guys having a 19K to 2K NS advantage, all 6 of you were in anarchy and I wasn't. And I made a point of reminding each of you daily of it.

You guys were all getting $3M aid packages and one little old FAN guy was not only not dying but was bending you over and having his way with you. (oh, and btw, you really need to wax :gag:)

I am still out there fighting right now and I am not only not ZI'd, but am still not even in anarchy despite fighting 4 NPO dudes all by my little ole self.

You guys really, really need to pull your head out because if this is as good as you can do then some little 500K alliance is going to take you down.

NPtO = New Paper-tiger Order :jihad:

Edited by Bad JuJu

Yeah, it was rubbish back then and it's still rubbish today. Would you avoid using aircraft if your enemy had none?

I would not, but I would not go prancing about as if I were the top dog because my enemy didn't have it. No one tolerated it back then either.

Edit: just a blurb before I get a post with this argument: this isn't a post saying "I wish it was 200x (x being 6, 7, or 8) again," times change and so do opinions. I'm just assuming that this is the new standard by which we base the strongest fighter and basically saying "my how the times have changed."

Edited by hawk_11

:awesome:

You are just mad because despite having yourself and 5 of your friends on me and you guys having a 19K to 2K NS advantage, all 6 of you were in anarchy and I wasn't. And I made a point of reminding each of you daily of it.

You guys were all getting $3M aid packages and one little old FAN guy was not only not dying but was bending you over and having his way with you. (oh, and btw, you really need to wax :gag:)

I am still out there fighting and I am not on not ZI'd, but am still not even in anarchy despite fighting 4 NPO dudes all by my little ole self.

You guys really, really need to pull your head out because if this is as good as you can do then some little 500K alliance is going to take you down.

NPtO = New Paper-tiger Order :jihad:

And you know aswell as I do the 2 that weren't in nuclear anarchy hadn't been on our forums in 3 months. You still didn't normal-anarchy any of us after we left nuclear anarchy aswell; and we did anarchy after all 4 of us were nuked.

I can't speak for the rest; but I didn't get any aid during the war; I personally requested aid after I was finished fighting you. And in case you forgot; you only won 2 ground attacks against me, which were my first 2 attacks on me, never since. Meanwhile I won every single time I attacked you.

And you're beating 500-1K nations who have either basic economic or no improvements, while you have max GCs.

Edited by Divine Force

The better question is why don't you have him in anarchy? You can hit him with 20k+ nations, a good quad attack would put him in anarchy, then wait an update, and repeat. That will stop him coming out of anarchy, and drain whatever funds he has quickly. Keep it up for a while, and you will bleed his warchest dry, and soon he won't be able to buy the nukes. It will empty out even faster if you keep forcing him to buy up to 100o infra to get more nukes, then bashing him down again.

If you look at his graph his nation strength you will see he is on the same NS he was 24 days ago. This means, in 24 days, you have not hurt him. Evidently, tank in, tank out has had little no no effect.

These are very astute observations. NPO, care to explain your lack of military talent to your allies?

You tried talking him to death but it didn't work. So you sent in your propaganda forces to attempt to rewrite the facts but the battle odds were so low they were all killed. Then you actually tried fighting but none of your nations had ever actually done it and this is the result. :v:

The NPO will eventually ZI me if they manage to get 3 war horses on me and pin me down until I lose all of my money, as LeVentNoir mentioned, that is definitely possible, but so far it hasn't and I honestly never thought I'd make it this far. NPO has no war horses because they've been too busy curb stomping smaller alliances, and the FAN-war veterans seemed to have moved on from an entire year of pillaging and engaging in tech deals.

Yeah, you know you're really skilled when you sell off most of your infrastructure and land to get in range of smaller nations to beat them up with your nuclear weapons.

And you call us bullies. :rolleyes:

And once again, I refer you to my opponent: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=278025

He sold his infra and land to get into my range after purchasing camps and barracks, not to mention the fact that he got millions in aid to do this.

You are playing the game, and you have managed to succeed against all odds and the top alliance. While some may put your tactics in question, I would like to say that any tactic is a good tactic so long as it works.

I congratulate you, we could all learn a thing or two from you :D

FAN's senator on yellow will simply remove any and all sanctions, OR he will simply start a sanction war if NPO tries to use Yellow against us, via the MADP with have with FAN.

They could still take out all his trades, couldn't they? And just replace the sanction whenever Brass removed it. It would certainly be more effective than sending in recruits to try to absorb his nukes.

There are only 6 NPO nations on yellow, a sanction war wouldn't really hurt them.

edit: I imagine if Roma planned this in advance, the uranium trade is secret.

Edited by Lord Brendan

And once again, I refer you to my opponent: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=278025

He sold his infra and land to get into my range after purchasing camps and barracks, not to mention the fact that he got millions in aid to do this.

You forgot the part where your opponent had a nuclear arsenal and a lot of wonders too.

OH WAIT-

He could still take out all his trades, couldn't he? And just replace the sanction whenever Brass removed it. It would certainly be more effective than sending in recruits to try to absorb his nukes.

There are only 6 NPO nations on yellow, a sanction war wouldn't really hurt them.

That's true, but don't forget what happened to AA because they messed with Yellow and FAN.

Anyway, Brass wouldn't sanction NPO nations, but rather, whoever sanctioned us. As it is, only VA is actually allied in some real way to the NPO to actually begin sanctioning us.

You forgot the part where your opponent had a nuclear arsenal and a lot of wonders too.

OH WAIT-

What? Neither MegaAros nor his opponent have any wonders or nukes.

That's true, but don't forget what happened to AA because they messed with Yellow and FAN.

Anyway, Brass wouldn't sanction NPO nations, but rather, whoever sanctioned us. As it is, only VA is actually allied in some real way to the NPO to actually begin sanctioning us.

Although it's nice to wave Auric's disbandment around as a great victory for FAN, it was caused more by their own incompetence than FAN's amazing spy skills. Just because it happened once doesn't mean that FAN can magically make any alliance they want disband.

Or does it? :ph34r:

Edited by Lord Brendan