On the Future of CNRP

MercyFallout

The fate of the RP is in your hands...  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for one board, but in a different sense.

Since Global Politics seems almost unused, I think putting it into RP would bring more usage. News Reports would then be turned into just that, news reports from a nations news station (like commenting on something posted in Global Politics). The Nat/War could then be merged into the Global Politics forums, while the Sports area could stay the same. The only difference is, make a sub-section on the OWF made specifically for CNRP... title it something like, 'CNRP', so people would know the difference when making their threads.

Now, if this idea was already said....my apologies, it's been a long & busy week.

I voted for one board, but in a different sense.

Since Global Politics seems almost unused, I think putting it into RP would bring more usage. News Reports would then be turned into just that, news reports from a nations news station (like commenting on something posted in Global Politics). The Nat/War could then be merged into the Global Politics forums, while the Sports area could stay the same. The only difference is, make a sub-section on the OWF made specifically for CNRP... title it something like, 'CNRP', so people would know the difference when making their threads.

Now, if this idea was already said....my apologies, it's been a long & busy week.

I'm liking different ideas than the two we got in the poll. Can't we have a discussion first about different ways we could this other than just the two options we got in the poll?

Since Global Politics seems almost unused, I think putting it into RP would bring more usage.

Hard to say, they could be restructed but people will just end up using whatever forum they're comfortable with or where the most traffic is. RP used to not be so common. From what I recall, Nat/War used to have a lot more traffic than News - but News then evolved into more than simple news because RP started from people responding to news reports.

Looking at the current map, perhaps due to the now increasing crowdedness it would make sense to offer two leagues as it were. One forum for play by stats CN RP and one much more liberal, this would free up map area and probably decrease a lot of the OOC stuff going on atm.

Looking at the current map, perhaps due to the now increasing crowdedness it would make sense to offer two leagues as it were. One forum for play by stats CN RP and one much more liberal, this would free up map area and probably decrease a lot of the OOC stuff going on atm.

Sounds good. Actually, sounds really good.

So, global politics, Alliance politics, Canon CN:RP, and News Reports?

Only problem I see with that is for the middle of the road people like me, who tend to use common sense. I don't particularly like the strict adherance to stats idea, but at the same time I feel that things tend to get out of hand, so where would we fit in?

If it was to be done, it should be done properly.

Now take this from a role-player who has been involved with most of the premier (if you'll accommodate that praise) role-play sites out there, most of which have been motivated by players from the International Incident forum where - I dare say - we had several great years of RPing before being kicked off by the NS mods there. To say that I'm glad to see a forum that accommodates us is a refreshing change of pace, however - I can see why.

The role-playing and role-players on this forum are in a perpetual state of 'babying.' Where there is little form, function, vitality or quality; I hate to be so judgmental, but except for a half of dozen quality RPers these forums seem halfy hindered by extremely "pore qality" and perpetual, stifling, inactivity. Anything the mods and admins do can only help, and I have no doubt if they 'pulled the plug' on these so-called 'RPs' I sincerely doubt someone would care, or that they would be able to survive without the sort of benevolent attention bestowed on here in a futile attempt to start a domestic RP service similar to the 'good old days' of !@#$%*.

To wit, do as you will, it can't get any worse.

Now take this from a role-player who has been involved with most of the premier (if you'll accommodate that praise) role-play sites out there, most of which have been motivated by players from the International Incident forum where - I dare say - we had several great years of RPing before being kicked off by the NS mods there. To say that I'm glad to see a forum that accommodates us is a refreshing change of pace, however - I can see why.

The role-playing and role-players on this forum are in a perpetual state of 'babying.' Where there is little form, function, vitality or quality; I hate to be so judgmental, but except for a half of dozen quality RPers these forums seem halfy hindered by extremely "pore qality" and perpetual, stifling, inactivity. Anything the mods and admins do can only help, and I have no doubt if they 'pulled the plug' on these so-called 'RPs' I sincerely doubt someone would care, or that they would be able to survive without the sort of benevolent attention bestowed on here in a futile attempt to start a domestic RP service similar to the 'good old days' of !@#$%*.

.....and your point is? :mellow:

Yes, we aren't the best RolePlaying bunch out there. But who cares? The whole point is to have fun. Why? Because this is a game. If we have fun playing our way of RolePlay, then we shall have fun regardless of whether you consider it to be "good" or not.

Also, very nice first post. I congratulate you.

You post count fails. Please come come back after lurking more.

EDIT:

IT CAN GET WORSE!!!!!!

Edited by LeVentNoir

then pick a spot of land, your highness, and show us lesser mortals how one doth rp