On the Future of CNRP

MercyFallout

The fate of the RP is in your hands...  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ladies and Gentlemen of Cybernations RolePlay, it is time for us to once again decide the future of our RolePlaying for now and evermore.

Since as long as most of us can remember, CNRP has been divided into four forums: News Reports, Global Politics, National and War, Characters and Sports. Three of these forums are no longer in use and almost all RPs have been crammed into the News Report forum. Now, we have forever maintained that people can RP without joining the "CNRP" (that is, the RP where we all agree upon rules, where people are, etc.). This continues to hold true but as of late, as there are "official threads" pinned to the top of the board, people have become confused and some think that they have to join our "CNRP" in order to use the News Reports forum.

This idea has been kicked around quite a bit and so here it is again (for voting and viewing pleasure):

Create a separate forum for the "CNRP" (the one with the map, tech rules, etc.) and a separate forum private RP's that can honestly do whatever they want (as they would only be affecting themselves and those they invite to RP with them).

This idea is beneficial to all parties involved as it allows for us "CNRPers" to finally have a single forum that we all use and that we know that all of the posts are meant for our "CNRP" purposes. This would allow for anyone (ourselves included) who wish to simply RP and do whatever they honestly felt like (within forum rules, of course) to do so as well.

On the other hand, CNRP is not fully unified, and because we will never fully agree, no version of CNRP should be considered official, while all otherversions be cast out. (Versions such as superweapons vs nosuperweapons) - Gebiv.

The future is in your hands. Please vote wisely.

Edited by MercyFallout

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies and Gentlemen of Cybernations RolePlay, it is time for us to once again decide the future of our RolePlaying for now and evermore.

Since as long as most of us can remember, CNRP has been divided into four forums: News Reports, Global Politics, National and War, Characters and Sports. Three of these forums are no longer in use and almost all RPs have been crammed into the News Report forum. Now, we have forever maintained that people can RP without joining the "CNRP" (that is, the RP where we all agree upon rules, where people are, etc.). This continues to hold true but as of late, as there are "official threads" pinned to the top of the board, people have become confused and some think that they have to join our "CNRP" in order to use the News Reports forum.

This idea has been kicked around quite a bit and so here it is again (for voting and viewing pleasure):

Create a separate forum for the "CNRP" (the one with the map, tech rules, etc.) and a separate forum private RP's that can honestly do whatever they want (as they would only be affecting themselves and those they invite to RP with them).

This idea is beneficial to all parties involved as it allows for us "CNRPers" to finally have a single forum that we all use and that we know that all of the posts are meant for our "CNRP" purposes. This would allow for anyone (ourselves included) who wish to simply RP and do whatever they honestly felt like (within forum rules, of course) to do so as well.

The future is in your hands. Please vote wisely.

Pinn'd for the duration.

I voted to keep it just the way it is right now - even though National/War sees almost no usage now. The Sports forum does see some traffic from a few of us direhards who do participate in such RP.

I always thought the Global Politics forum was more for in-game global discussion and not RP stuff. Nat/War I used to post in but gave up around a year or so ago due to no traffic.

Instead of deleting any forums, perhaps the Alliance and Global forums need to be put in an IN-GAME DISCUSSION FORUM section while the News, Sports, and Nat/War could go in an RP DISCUSSION FORUM section? That would be my only suggestion for change.

The ironic thing was I brought this up like.. half a year ago when I wanted my Dragons in RP.. doing a separate sci-fi forum.. but was told it'd be to burdensome on the boards.

This isn't really the same thing. This is to make the RP boards more... effective or efficient. It isn't to allow new types of RP, it's still be the CNRP we have now. I agree making new RP boards for "sci fi" would be to burdensome because then people would request "renaissance" or "jurassic" boards. CNRP was agreed upon to be somewhat modern because of how CN is played with... (tanks, modern aircraftes, ships, you know, modern military assets)

It's still ironic for me at least as I brought up the idea of making the boards different way back yet it being shot down by others as "If it needs to be changed, the admin/mods will change it." I never said my way was the greatest way of reorganizing the RP boards but at least it was a motion to get things started and people to talk about a reoganization of the RP boards... yet no talks really occurred until now. Oh well... better late than never!

:popcorn: