CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

Chance of people who wouldn't go through the pain of an insurgency if they get rolled taking up the offer: really low

Chance of annoying pests who just want to mess with people by spawning stupid BS warriors and homicidal rhinos in the middle of other people's nations taking up the offer: pretty high

Overall: Fixes nothing, causes headaches, not worth it.

It is an effective way to deal with the massive inactive landmasses. The inactive player doesn't have to roleplay crushing the nationalist uprising if he doesn't want to, at which point the nation becomes independent. Suddenly, room for new players to roleplay where they want to.

Problem solved.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is an effective way to deal with the massive inactive landmasses. The inactive player doesn't have to roleplay crushing the nationalist uprising if he doesn't want to, at which point the nation becomes independent. Suddenly, room for new players to roleplay where they want to.

Problem solved.

The problem is that you're RPing another player's citizens, which is a major no-no. Nationalist insurgencies are a good idea that can certainly be used, but you need to get that player's permission first.

The problem is that you're RPing another player's citizens, which is a major no-no. Nationalist insurgencies are a good idea that can certainly be used, but you need to get that player's permission first.

I think the idea that players outright own the citizens of their territory, regardless of argument or reason, is what leads to the stagnation and massive territorial claims in the first place. You might find a more dynamic political and military environment if that wasn't the case.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

I think the idea that players outright own the citizens of their territory, regardless of argument or reason, is what leads to the stagnation and massive territorial claims in the first place. You might find a more dynamic political and military environment if that wasn't the case.

No. We'll find homicidal Rhinos and other stupid antics, which is exactly why RPers own the people coming with the territory. This is a security mechanism and won't be repealed for good reasons. Even less likely than a map reset.

Well, if you don't want to make significant changes, then why complain about the lack of activity? Both CNRP and CNRP2 are basically social clubs for two different cliques of people, it just so happens that CNRP2 is more popular at the moment due to the less competitive IC nature of the roleplay.

I think people would be quite inclined to competitive roleplay if CNRP were rebalanced to allow for more dynamic politics and warfare; things like allowing nationalist uprisings and improving the position of players with smaller countries would do that. But, for obvious reasons, the larger more established players don't want to let that happen... so naturally people would rather play in a collaborative environment like CNRP2, even if it is of poorer quality, rather than have the odds so badly stacked against them in a competitive one.

Obviously, this works out worst for me, since I am both competitive and small lol. I have done my part in attacking the poorly written rules in CNRP2, and attacking the technology loopholes in CNRP1, but you won't see the two come back together if people don't want to fix those issues.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...