CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

Well, chemical weapons are a horrible last-ditch defense (meaning they normally won't be able to save you), but it will cause your peace terms to be even worse and the international community might think you deserved your fate even more. The only massive destruction coming from these things is the havoc wreaked on the diplomatic stage. You think an enemy will cry about losing a regiment to VX or Novichok? Most people got more troops and I personally would start firebombing your cities in return, as I doubt you can appeal to anyones pity afterwards (at least noone that matters).

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, chemical weapons are a horrible last-ditch defense (meaning they normally won't be able to save you), but it will cause your peace terms to be even worse and the international community might think you deserved your fate even more. The only massive destruction coming from these things is the havoc wreaked on the diplomatic stage. You think an enemy will cry about losing a regiment to VX or Novichok? Most people got more troops and I personally would start firebombing your cities in return, as I doubt you can appeal to anyones pity afterwards (at least noone that matters).

Fine i'll take the chemical weapons program down, fyi I only have one city worth firebombing and if war did get declared on me and every ally I had left me to burn I'm assuming it's already fallen to the point where chemical warfare is needed. 

Fine i'll take the chemical weapons program down, fyi I only have one city worth firebombing and if war did get declared on me and every ally I had left me to burn I'm assuming it's already fallen to the point where chemical warfare is needed. 

Well, let's assume someone invades you.

You are about to lose, noone seems to care about you, as a last measure you use VX to avenge your nation... Most likely, the enemy will lose a few thousand people at best. Not enough to be in any way meaningful, but good enough to prove, you were a "mad dog in the need to put down", as you used chemical weapons.

Or...

You are about to lose, noone seems to care about you, you pretty much try to surrender and accept the fate ICly and become an occupied country. With some effort, you may be able to convince the foreigners that you learned and won't do stupid stuff again and some people might argue in your favour if the occupation is overly harsh. At least noone can argue that you deserved to be utterly booted out of Zambia.

Maybe, if you think that at the point where you are about to lose you can't lose anything by using chemical weapons, that logic seems correct, but there is nothing you can actually win either, apart from people being reluctant to deal with you, because you seem like a diplomatic liability.

Or it's planet bob and most citizens are more or less impervious to biological weapons after being contaminated, sprayed, injected, bombed, and farted on so many times by VXEBOLAPLOXNAPALM that a person could make a reasonable claim that biological weapons would have at best an insignificant impact on a population due to them being prepared to deal with YET AGAIN ANOTHER tinpot dictator going bonkers and launching poop gas at someone. 

Or it's planet bob and most citizens are more or less impervious to biological weapons after being contaminated, sprayed, injected, bombed, and farted on so many times by VXEBOLAPLOXNAPALM that a person could make a reasonable claim that biological weapons would have at best an insignificant impact on a population due to them being prepared to deal with YET AGAIN ANOTHER tinpot dictator going bonkers and launching poop gas at someone. 

But that would mean that evolution exists, and if evolution exists and CNRP humans evolved from CNRP monkeys, why are there still CNRP monkeys?  Checkmate atheists.

I must interject my own, personal opinion on a recent turn of events (That are clearly OOC-opinion, hence why it's here) as questioning the RP from Triyun on particular events that were clearly in the OOC realm and such information used for IC reaction as pretty naked metagaming. 

While I do not condone particular actions of the aggravating party; however, there is not a good IC, nor logical state-based actor decision by the targeted nation.  Unless I'm party to see that the missiles from Zambia, actually went to Borneo, that is also a metagaming of military equipment.

Correct me if I'm wrong about my opinion, but this is not a good course for CNRP either way, knowing we've been around the block on this issue many of times.

Edit: The reliance of non-HUMINT intelligence is not enough to warrant action on any other player's WMD programs, and especially knowing that use of spy rolls are needed.  This isn't a defense of Zambia or Borneo, but of maintaining quality RP.  Operation Enduring Wolf is clearly a metagame on OOC information, I know it, you know and the community should recognize that it is too.

Edited by Tanis777

Triyun could well just be saying that missiles were sent as a ruse, which I base on the following from one of his posts:

"For the inspections did turn (or at least appeared to turn up) something very suspicious."

I don't know, I haven't been following that particular rp closely enough to have an opinion really worth hearing, but my uninformed opinion  that there be some IC shens going on to further Tianxia's geopolitical agenda for whatever reason Triyun has for doing so. It really looks to me like Triyun is taking advantage of this situation for entirely different purposes than what appear on the surface.

Meaning, sucks to be Borneo. 

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

I find myself, for what its worth, in agreement with Tanis, however, TBM has a valid point as well.

Triyun could just be RP lying through his teeth to get what he wants, its a frowned on RP form but has been done before, its not like anybody is going to stand up and fight him over the whole thing apart from perhaps Shammy if he was so inclined.

RP doesn't need to be truthful unfortunately, nations can and have lied to achieve goals, so the line is blurred heavily when it comes to triyuns actions, but I believe it is safe to say it is based on OOC information, its just a shame that cannot be proven.

You don't need spy rolls when they bring the Mountain to Moses.

Edit:  Or is it Mohammad?   Either way, he shouldn't have been asking to transit 45, 000 troops through my air space.  Once he submits them to inspection, he's opening himself to whatever I find.  However I find it.

Edited by Triyun

You don't need spy rolls when they bring the Mountain to Moses.

Edit:  Or is it Mohammad?   Either way, he shouldn't have been asking to transit 45, 000 troops through my air space.  Once he submits them to inspection, he's opening himself to whatever I find.  However I find it.

The 45,000 troops are already in borneo, they landed prior to our deal. Sorry but no, try next time. You have flight crews, millions worth in war materials, and some personal. That's it. 

Splendid explanation, I was expecting that answer while I was away working.   Greywall made the ill-fated choice IC-ly for that.  However, your description for your attack on Borneo is based on OOC knowledge.  Now whether or not you'll stop being a complete jerk on people who obviously do not have the capabilities to retaliate remotely against you is something to consider.  However, I know you enough that you'll pull the right IRL examples to support the latest, weak IC-claims, but I still stand by the fact that this standard is very poor and must be remedied.   

When you say "plotting is bad mmkay" that is clear you've been OOC-ly tipped off when no clear IC actions of a plot has been hatched.  While I know that you'll probably pin the Zambian missiles as a connection, I'll leave it at that.

Edited by Tanis777

The 45,000 troops are already in borneo, they landed prior to our deal. Sorry but no, try next time. You have flight crews, millions worth in war materials, and some personal. That's it. 

So you transported 45,000 men without actually getting Tianxia's permission, you flew them over his territory without giving him a chance to respond, and now you are trying to claim movement of 45000 men in a single post?

Riiiight.. 

So you transported 45,000 men without actually getting Tianxia's permission, you flew them over his territory without giving him a chance to respond, and now you are trying to claim movement of 45000 men in a single post?

Riiiight.. 

They weren't flown over his territory. 

I find myself, for what its worth, in agreement with Tanis, however, TBM has a valid point as well.

Triyun could just be RP lying through his teeth to get what he wants, its a frowned on RP form but has been done before, its not like anybody is going to stand up and fight him over the whole thing apart from perhaps Shammy if he was so inclined.

RP doesn't need to be truthful unfortunately, nations can and have lied to achieve goals, so the line is blurred heavily when it comes to triyuns actions, but I believe it is safe to say it is based on OOC information, its just a shame that cannot be proven.

People lie all the time, no reason why Triyun can't rp framing someone, I've done it a few times myself. I've also lulled people into my confidence and the obliterated them from within. Ie. rota.

They weren't flown over his territory. 

Considering he more or less exercises de facto control over most of the Indian Ocean with his Navy and magical sky faires I wish you well in this argument, I see it ending badly for you. Further, considering you moved a mountain of men and equipment in a single post or two I'd suggest to you that you might be making the wrong argument entirely.

But, I'll let you figure it out, you seem to have all the answers. 

Yeah you pretty much did a huge stupid thing and given that there was a substantial weapons program and I'm only claiming a few weapons (btw it's pretty easy to track orders on international markets to give you broad outlines of capabilities) this big thing was just handed to me in my lap without having to lift my finger.

Splendid explanation, I was expecting that answer while I was away working.   Greywall made the ill-fated choice IC-ly for that.  However, your description for your attack on Borneo is based on OOC knowledge.  Now whether or not you'll stop being a complete jerk on people who obviously do not have the capabilities to retaliate remotely against you is something to consider.  However, I know you enough that you'll pull the right IRL examples to support the latest, weak IC-claims, but I still stand by the fact that this standard is very poor and must be remedied.   

When you say "plotting is bad mmkay" that is clear you've been OOC-ly tipped off when no clear IC actions of a plot has been hatched.  While I know that you'll probably pin the Zambian missiles as a connection, I'll leave it at that.

Okay, I'm getting the feeling there is something important that I'm missing here. What exactly happened now?

I've also lulled people into my confidence and the obliterated them from within. Ie. rota.

Kinky Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail