Respect

Stormcrow

Voodoo I demand you get a medal for that...

I totally agree with you and that is the main system I know about for working out attacks and damage as most players are responsible enough to work out the results fairly as has been said however, some people are annoying and don't work with the system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the Para Combat rules I've fought under in the past. I'll give the short form of them to not confuse anyone.

1. Each fight starts with the contenders agreeing on the judges and if the fight is going to be a kill match or just a fight till you get tired sort of deal.

2. Once the judge or judges are agreed upon and the rules of the bout are choosen to determine if it is going to be strictly melee fighting or power charas things can get started. Differentiating between melee combat and power chara combat is actually quite inportant. Many a nOOb has been on the wrong end of a beat down because they thought they had it going on with their katanna of doom until they met someone who can summon an earth elemental that is about 40 feet taller than them.

No magicks or in future role play certain technologies can be forbidden in the fight if the fight is straight melee.

3.Once the ground rules have been determined the fight commences..

Each fighter posts an introduction that describes their character, abilities, and weapons. If they don't put it in their intro.. they don't have it during the fight.

This saves the timeless, "Well.. I have a hidden thingie majobber.."

4. The second post of the fight is the first actual attack.. the defender can defend themselves and then attack back.. and it goes back and forth until someone is either dead or they quit.

The level of detail can differ from fighter to fighter. In some of my para fights I was known for posting up to three to four full paragraphs to describe a simple series of motions to defend and then to attack. In others I was less chatty and managed to get the same thing done with a paragraph or two. The key here is to recognize that often less can be more depending on the skill of they typist and what they are trying to describe.

I won most of my fights because I didn't get to carried away with my attacks and fought conservatively using techniques I had role played out before and could claim that I was very familiar with.

I didn't get to funky and try to pull of any silly behind ninja tricks as describing them in detail was difficult and often the mere attempt left me open to being hit by my opponent.

5) No autos..

6) No forced hits.. A forced hit, or otherwise known as a suggestive auto by some, is where someone says, "look I did this and you have only this option open to you."

Now these rules worked well for people who knew how to use them. Others abused them because they couldn't understand that a big part of t-1 fighting is honoring your opponent with accepting damage. No matter how good of a fighter I had worked myself up to be through RP I always honored my opponent by taking some sort of damage. It is a small way of paying them some respect for their hard work.

The other thing to consider about t-1 combat and the rp that is associated with it is relevance of traits and weapons. Each and every one of my traits and weapons had a backstory to support it. No one, and I mean no one should be providing themselves with powers or abilities out of the blue.

anyway.. if you have any questions fire away. I'd be happy to spar with someone in t-1 as a non-canon rp. I haven't done it in years, but it is good fun.

Edited by Firestorm

I would actually be interested though I havn't ever done a T-1 fight before but if you could help me rp it properlly I would love to

As would I. I've created a character for slightly futuristic stories (with elements of fantasy) I write. I'd be glad to try my hand at a good one-on-one super-powered fight... or maybe even 2-on-one ;)

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

As would I. I've created a character for slightly futuristic stories (with elements of fantasy) I write. I'd be glad to try my hand at a good one-on-one super-powered fight... or maybe even 2-on-one ;)

ummm... I'd honestly suggest a non-powered fight for your first bout.

Anyway.. here is my suggestion..

tournament style setting circular ring with a sand floor. Smooth marble walls surround the arena that is 50 yards in diameter. The marble walls are 12 feet high with no hand holds.

Each fighter enters through a small portal that is closed behind them on the opposite ends of the arena.

Fighters can be from any point in history as long as they are non-augmented.

Rough character bio for me:

Quentin

33 years old, male

tall, slim, and very athletic.

Quentin is proficient in the arts of unarmed fighting known to his culture as Arskimito. It is roughly compared to Kickboxing.

Quentin is also well versed in the use of his broadsword.

Arms, equipment, and abilities all to be described in detail in my intro post once we get things going.

As I'll be fighting I won't be able to judge the fight. The fight will be a spar.. meaning no one gets killed.. this hopefully will keep down on any claims of..

NO U!

NO>> NO U!

NO U BACK!

NO U times 3!!!

ummm... I'd honestly suggest a non-powered fight for your first bout.

If you say so...I'm sure I can pull a good non-augmented character out (though the augmented one does have his own weakness he has to compensate for).

Anyway.. here is my suggestion..

tournament style setting circular ring with a sand floor. Smooth marble walls surround the arena that is 50 yards in diameter. The marble walls are 12 feet high with no hand holds.

Each fighter enters through a small portal that is closed behind them on the opposite ends of the arena.

Fighters can be from any point in history as long as they are non-augmented.

Got it.

Rough character bio for me:

Quentin

33 years old, male

tall, slim, and very athletic.

Quentin is proficient in the arts of unarmed fighting known to his culture as Arskimito. It is roughly compared to Kickboxing.

Quentin is also well versed in the use of his broadsword.

Nice bio. If you like, I can judge a fight I'm not part of. Just send me to the thread in question when you form it, and the forum, if you do it somewhere else.

Arms, equipment, and abilities all to be described in detail in my intro post once we get things going.

OK.

As I'll be fighting I won't be able to judge the fight. The fight will be a spar.. meaning no one gets killed.. this hopefully will keep down on any claims of..

NO U!

NO>> NO U!

NO U BACK!

NO U times 3!!!

Oh, yes, I'll certainly agree to that.

Lol.. I just had this sick brainstorm..

"Boomtown Legalizes Gladiatorial Combat!"

Heh heh...yeah...

These are the Para Combat rules people have fought under in the past. They have been updated and adapted for CNRP.

1. All wars are to be decided in outcome / general results by ooc means. A referee / judge should be appointed (even just friendly like) to lay down the law if any disputes take up over one OOC page.

2. You can only use assumed weapons (soldiers, tanks, planes, ships) of your Rp level, things like fortresses, defenses, AA emplacements, super soldiers, exotic weapons, tech sharing etc, must have previous RP to back them up. No Deus Ex Machinas.

3. First post should be a layout of the forces you are bringing, with mention of any special weapons, defenses tech etc, (and links to them, although this can be as easy as a link to your armoury thread)

If you didn't put it in their intro.. you don't have it during the fight. This saves the timeless, "Well.. I have a hidden thingie majobber.."

4. The second post of the fight is the first actual attack.. the defender can defend themselves and then attack back.. and it goes back and forth until one nation is either defeated or they surrender.

5) No autos.. You cannot say you hurt someone in your post. You can say what you are trying to do though.

NO: "I bombed your tanks"

YES: "I dropped bombs, aiming for your tanks"

The other person should take casualties as appropriate (no saying every single man ducked etc), however, no matter what one side does, both side will almost certainly take damage.

6) No matter what you do or try to use, it must be physically possible. You can't march an army over a mountain in a day. [No godmods]

7) No using OOC knowledge for a IC gain. This is metagaming, and not allowed. Your opponent says he will attack X in a OOC statement. You are not allowed to then RP fortifying X.

- - -

Now these rules work well for people who know how to use them. Others abuse them because they can't understand that a big part of RPing war is honouring your opponent by accepting damage. No matter how good of a army anyone had built for themself through RP they should always honour their opponent by taking some sort of damage. It is a small way of paying them some respect for their hard work.

The other thing to consider about combat and CNRP is associated with it fortifications, technologies and weapons. Each and every one of your fortifications, technologies and weapons need to have a backstory to support it (and you should be able to link to it when asked). No one, and I mean no one should be providing themselves with fortifications, technologies or weapons out of the blue.

There we go, adapted.

Edited by LeVentNoir

Hmm, fascinating...when is the first tournament going to be?

Is for anyone to sign up for :lol: No tourny is set up yet. Just waiting for public to use it. You could send your own gladiators to fight each other if you wanted to :P or try a RP fight between another person. Doesn't matter who wants to use it. Most of the standard Dranaggan gladiators are excitment seeking civvies and businessmen, lots (more like ALL if you read my military thread) of Dranaggan regulars, and of course the BZ-RK are required to go back repeatedly :P the soldiers only have to occasionally.

My army gets real up close and personal combat experience, and provides entertainment for the population. :lol:

Is for anyone to sign up for :lol: No tourny is set up yet. Just waiting for public to use it. You could send your own gladiators to fight each other if you wanted to :P or try a RP fight between another person. Doesn't matter who wants to use it. Most of the standard Dranaggan gladiators are excitment seeking civvies and businessmen, lots (more like ALL if you read my military thread) of Dranaggan regulars, and of course the BZ-RK are required to go back repeatedly :P the soldiers only have to occasionally.

My army gets real up close and personal combat experience, and provides entertainment for the population. :lol:

Hmm, this gives me an idea...Firestoorm, would you be willing to try some combat in that arena?

Lemme get finished with LVN first.. I have the tendency to get involved in one to many role plays at once and end up getting overwhelmed and quitting them all in a flurry of drunken messages about smurfs and blood pudding.

OK, that's understandable. But when your done with LVN, I expect you over there... ;)

Actually.. I'm seeing the possibility for some syndicated league play here. We could franchise it as a world wide sport and put those stadium improvements to use.

Hmm...yeah. Now that I think about it, I just remembered. I was planning on doing a thread where I hosted an international martial arts tournament. Might as well do something with those stadiums, like you said...

• 3 weeks later...