Sanctioned Alliance Images

Vivi

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, is there any issue with nations wearing the tags of alliances they are not a member of? The reason I ask, is because everybody wearing each other's tags kind of defeats the purpose.

Actually that is a good question, and please forgive me if I'm asking in the wrong forum, but if it's ok with the moderation staff the NPO shall police the use of it's image tag, the same way we do our AA and ingame flag.

Is that doable, or will it be policed by the moderation staff?

Actually that is a good question, and please forgive me if I'm asking in the wrong forum, but if it's ok with the moderation staff the NPO shall police the use of it's image tag, the same way we do our AA and ingame flag.

I imagine that it will receive the same enforcement as flag displays in-game... which is to say "none" unless you enforce it yourself.

Nope, it's up to alliances to deal with ghosters.

To expand on that. It would be impossible for us in the moderation staff to police it.

Fark clearly wins that one. Well, the "No Image Available" one is better but that doesn't really count.

I can't do that without making specific user groups for each Sanctioned Alliance, which we're not going to do.

The Mods have it. Is it really harder to do it for us, regular members? (Honest question, I'm not trying to be a smart arse, I know zilch about forums)

Edited by potato

The Mods have it. Is it really harder to do it for us, regular members? (Honest question, I'm not trying to be a smart arse, I know zilch about forums)

Our pips go with our member group. In my case my member group on this forum is "Senior staff". Every normal CNer/member on the forum got the group "Members". In roder to make it work the way it does for the mods we would have to manually place you in the group "New Pacific Order" to get the NPO pip for example. And it's extra workload we can't do at this time.

Both?

I was thinking, just a picture of some kind, showing that your nation is in fact in an alliance. Not to show what alliance, but to show that you are in fact in one.

In my mind, I was envisioning having 4 or 5 basic member pictures, with CN stuff on them. They would be similar to the images that sanctioned alliances have, but would be generic, and just state something like: Alliance Member, Proud Alliance Member, or something along those lines. Nations that were not members of alliances could have one that states something like "No Alliance", "Searching for Alliance", "Accepting Invitations", or something like that.

You could even hold a contest to see who can make the best ones or something.

The only downside I saw with them was that they may take away from the sanctioned alliance status, as they will be the only ones that carry them.

I was thinking, just a picture of some kind, showing that your nation is in fact in an alliance. Not to show what alliance, but to show that you are in fact in one.

In my mind, I was envisioning having 4 or 5 basic member pictures, with CN stuff on them. They would be similar to the images that sanctioned alliances have, but would be generic, and just state something like: Alliance Member, Proud Alliance Member, or something along those lines. Nations that were not members of alliances could have one that states something like "No Alliance", "Searching for Alliance", "Accepting Invitations", or something like that.

You could even hold a contest to see who can make the best ones or something.

The only downside I saw with them was that they may take away from the sanctioned alliance status, as they will be the only ones that carry them.

Very nice, I like that idea.