Wars need changed!

I play both CN and TE, and enjoy both of them.

I have noticed some differences in the two, as there should be.

One thing I believe should be change for TE that is more less the same as CN,

is the length of Wars. If the powers that be could change the length to 3 or 4 days

for the next round, I believe it will keep people/nations more interested in playing

and more importantly keep them playing.

This would help with several problems in the current round. For one it would keep

nations at war from loosing to much infra, thus just giving up and quiting or re-rolling.

Another is if a nation is jumped on by multiple attackers the same would apply.

The best reason although there are more, is when a nation is attacking another rather it be

Raiding or just for dispute, the attacking nation is not locked to the other nation for long and

can go about his business. There are many people that just quit when they get attacked or

loose a lot of infra. Plus this would keep nation from being inactive as much because if war slots

are full for 7 days then there really is no need to check back in. But if it only lasted 3 days then

that said nation would need to check back in order to keep his nation protected.

It might not be a bad ideal to have nations collect at least every 10 days VS the current 20 days.

For what its worth, this is my ideal of how to keep a action and full paced game moving and interesting.

Thanks for your consideration and time!!

BG.

I like this idea. Hopefully the almighty Admin will agree also.

On another note, something I think that might help a little also. Cruise missiles and aircraft should drop in price by half of their current prices. Its kind of hard to come up with the money to buy CMs during war time if you are getting dog piled. I learned this first hand.

Edited by hormones74

if they want to make a real change, no rerolling, if you quit your done. this will stop the people who reroll every time they get beat down.. I know of one person who rerolled with 7 nations.

WOW that's got to be a winner! You are kinda right it might keep a small percent from dumping their nation,

but whats the use of even playing when your bill locked or your infra is below 200. They would just simply quite.

It goes back to what i said before the length of wars should be shortened.

if they want to make a real change, no rerolling, if you quit your done. this will stop the people who reroll every time they get beat down.. I know of one person who rerolled with 7 nations.

Um, why?

They want MORE people to play. Not fewer.

• 1 month later...

info might be the best antidote

1) label the rerolls and let public opinion carry the day

- should be an easy database check

- addresses the folks who spin the dial again and again looking for resources

if further action is required then

2) add some slight handicap to each reroll (think of it as a negative event)

3) address the issue of "jingle mail" countries : those in anarchy and zero troops who have gone inactive.

a few alternatives

a. let attackers disconnect from warslots after a day or 2.

b. make wars shorter in length -- which also curtails the perpetual downward spiral prompting abandoned countries.

c. let the zero soldier anarchy country still be plundered by the attacker

d. auto disco a country at some low threshold of NS

I sort of agree with what's being said on the re-roll front. It is a tournament after all. But having said that and looking at the big picture, we want people to retain long term interest in what's going on in CN and getting blitzed on day two just doesn't tick that box.

Also, it has been said elsewhere but I agree with the shorter war lengths.

Cheaper CMS? Not so much, I hate them - big infra/tech gobblers. If we make them cheaper people in anarchy can easily 0 soldier, reign 2 per day on a raider for 7 days. Raiding will become counter-productive. I'm just grumpy because I've eaten about 30 this round.

info might be the best antidote

3) address the issue of "jingle mail" countries : those in anarchy and zero troops who have gone inactive.

a few alternatives

b. make wars shorter in length -- which also curtails the perpetual downward spiral prompting abandoned countries.

However being that TE rounds last for 90 days, and after the first day you probably will get declared on at some point; it's quite hard to continually re-roll until you get nice resources. What is the limit of days until a nation can re-roll now? Isn't it around like 10-15 days? Well if you do try to get decent resources through re-roll's then it'll take you so long that you won't be able to truly enjoy the game because you'll have about 20 days left to play once you gain ideal startup resources.

Why add a handicap to each re-roll? I have yet to understand the problem of a re-roll in TE. As long as your old nation is deleted before you do it, you're still playing the game and you get a nice fresh start again. I was just in a 1v5 with five very heavy hitters most of which being above my NS. I lasted about 5 days before my nation was pretty much just demolished. I had been knocked down to about 75 infra and 67 tech. I chose to delete and re-roll with my penalty being that I have to start over on my casualty count and I get less days with my new nation. That should be punishment enough for us impatient folk. ;)

I do agree with the shortening of wars; more often than not my targets end up dropping from my range or just turtling after a few days, if they don't I can redeclare and if they do then atleast I won't have to deal with them for too long.

So I'm pro 3-4 day wars.

I don't think that's all that needs to be done though. :/ We need something more, that would separate it a bit more from normal CN that makes it just a little more geared towards warfare.

3-4 day wars are a good idea. I also do not get what is so wrong with re-rolling, I've re-rolled this round as I got bulldozed by 3 nations around double my strength and it ended up being no fun at all. To build up from 50 infra to 400 is a very long and monotonous process.

As another suggestion,I think that in TE attackers should have the option to peace out of wars even when the defendant has not.

A ) this would be much more realistic

B ) this would give nations the ability to just end wars where the person they attacked is just turtling, and move on.

Edit: B ) = B) :P

Edited by Kaiser Indie

I think you should have to own soldiers to shoot off CMS, If you have no military who is launching them ? It should be some like 100 soldier Requirement or so, that way someone cant just bury their head in the sand and launch cms.

That makes a lot of sense. I also would like to see some sort of anti-missle defense (not an improvement) that you could purchase like troops or tanks.

Shortening war length to 3 days is a GREAT idea!

I think you should have to own soldiers to shoot off CMS, If you have no military who is launching them ? It should be some like 100 soldier Requirement or so, that way someone cant just bury their head in the sand and launch cms.

Thats a great idea!

I would like to see a change to longer conventional war period during the round. Nukes are way way to easy and cheap to aquire. More emphasis on spy operations would make overall gameplay more strategic. As it stands now the ridicilous quantities of nukes totally undermine and render spy planning useless and a waste of money.

I would also like to see the navy numbers changed so they are actually worth using.

I think they need to change the inactivity before being deleted. since TE is infinitely shorter than SE, there should be a shorter time for nations to go inactive.

also for SE, they should randomly do an entire reset. have everyone instantly become equal lol

a few alternatives

I really agree with these statements above. I highly also would like to see 3 days as the limit for war (then I guess 3a wouldn't work unless you do go to 4 days for war).

In addition it would be nice to see the use of Navy's, don't think I'll ever get to use them since war to often (even if it's every 2-3 weeks), but it's necessary sometimes in an Alliance to back up your people. I think that having more Spy's come into play would also be really good. It is just too costly to build up and then be able to even think about going after a Navy or Spy operations. Assuming you take orders from Alliance and attack people sometimes way over your NS if needed and others. Unless your very good, maybe lucky, or sit back and don't attack numerous people to help defend your Alliance then you could start to do those things (or if you Donate).

Great ideas everyone. Almost forgot, that idea about only being able to send CM's with actual soldiers is a must, even if it's 25-50, but I think maybe a forumula based on NS or Total Citizens would work, but for most people it should be 50+.

I disagree with this. If I am being tech raided by a much larger nation, this is the only way to retaliate. If you just peace out then that will leave the larger nation to go prey on another nation. This is one of the few ways a smaller nation can get even with larger nations. I would gladly let my nation get pounded into the ground then let some one get away scott-free with my hard earned tech. This should always be a potential consequence to tech raiding. And if you do not find this to be "fair" then consider how the smaller nation feels when they get attacked for trying to play a game. If a smaller nation really wants to get even with a tech raider all they have to do is drop their troops to 0 so they do not even get 2 chances to steal tech.

Insane By Design: On 3a.

That's a good point. I guess I was only thinking about it as if you attack someone and they just sit there for days and days and don't do anything to you. Maybe you got someone that was quitting anyway, but you have to wait 7 days and they haven't attacked you once. Happened to me a lot the last round (1st time in war).

You are right though when I tried attacking someone when I was in Anarchy it actually went very well. I couldn't believe I could do so much damage and steal money even with 35-45% odds. I think most people just sit there and give up and don't login at all. Well I'm really new so that's what I've seen in the short time I've been playing CNTE.

Edited by Tz30

I think they need to change the inactivity before being deleted. since TE is infinitely shorter than SE, there should be a shorter time for nations to go inactive.

also for SE, they should randomly do an entire reset. have everyone instantly become equal lol

YES, reset CN:SE please. WOW would that be awesome or what. Reset that sucker every year...

We have learned how aggressively you can grow when well planned. It would be fantastic to restart CN:SE and apply all that has been learned. Let's just say NPO won first round and start a new one then resets every year with awards (flags) going to each years winners. Look what can be done in a 90 day round, just imagine a 12 month round,.

I can hear the crying now, lol, but most would say SE has gotten boring as compared to TE...

Anyone agree?

Edited by Striker DCS