Noob Mistakes

baseballer790

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I happened to make a noob mistake yesterday.

I thought I needed Iron and Wine for a temp trade, but i actually needed Iron and Wheat.

So I collected yesterday with iron and wine.

Net loss: $15mil. (this is equivalent to 2 and a half days of bills, or 250 tech, or a donation) :(

Situation: I was selling 100 tech for around 2.2 million, I think. I knew enough that the cheaper the tech, the more people would be willing to buy it, and I would still make some money.

Mistake: I tried buying all 100 at once. >_<

Same here :P

1. Buying infra until I had used up all my money from collection, so I may have bought amounts like 17.8 infra a day

2. Not doing tech deals straight away, as soon as I had created my nation

3. When I did eventually start tech deals, I was absolutely delighted about receiving 3mil, thinking I was stupidly rich

4. Giving myself a user name which I now hate and wish I could change every single day I see it lol

5. After being attacked by two nooblets, who I completely destroyed, I remember thinking I was pretty damn good at the game, till another set of two people came along who knew what they were doing, and knocked me down a few pegs lol

6. Spending a very long time without an alliance, as I thought going it alone would be easy

7. Staying on grey team for a long time, then changing to black, where I still decided not to get the team bonus

8. Not joining LOSS sooner ^_^

Oh, here is another one...

12: Pissed off a 61k NS player when I was at .4k NS by trying to get the player to trade with me, and nearly got put on the 61k player's personal ZI list (by bribing other players to do the ZI list).

13. Not saving up tax collection days on my CN nation's anniversary.

14. Spending all of my tech trade payment money, causing me to be behind tech deliveries and pissed off my customer.

Lets see...

1. I bought infra in random blocks, such as 1, 3.9, .01, and etc when I first started the game.

2. I bought lots of tech, up to 140 tech when my infra was 420, because I thought the more tech, the better.

3. I wanted to get the Luxury trade set when both of my native resources are parts of the Industrial trade set.

4. Tech raiding and nearly getting beaten up by my old alliance because they wanted to punish me.

5. Accidentally threw myself into Anarchy while tech raiding when I deployed too much soldiers.

6. Left my old alliance and then got pounded hard by a 4.3k NS rouge when my CN nation was 1.7k NS.

7. Screwed up the tech deals schedule in my current alliance from sending aid to random nations.

8. Got yelled at by my alliance after they found some of my old, CN Forums posts that was stupid and funny.

9. Got yelled at by my alliance after I posted a message in my alliance forums that looked like I was going to help the FAN alliance.

10. Currently pissing off people in the CN RP Forums because I kept on accidentally god modding.

Want more? :P

Yes I want more. :lol:

~Maul~

Here is my new, edited list (keep in mind I have added some more n00b mistakes):

1. I bought infra in random blocks, such as 1, 3.9, .01, and etc when I first started the game.

2. I bought lots of tech, up to 140 tech when my infra was 420, because I thought the more tech, the better.

3. I wanted to get the Luxury trade set when both of my native resources are parts of the Industrial trade set.

4. Tech raiding and nearly getting beaten up by my old alliance because they wanted to punish me.

5. Accidentally threw myself into Anarchy while tech raiding when I deployed too much soldiers.

6. Left my old alliance and then got pounded hard by a 4.3k NS rouge when my CN nation was 1.7k NS.

7. Screwed up the tech deals schedule in my current alliance from sending aid to random nations.

8. Got yelled at by my alliance after they found some of my old, CN Forums posts that was stupid and funny.

9. Got yelled at by my alliance after I posted a message in my alliance forums that looked like I was going to help the FAN alliance.

10. Pissed off people in the CN RP Forums because I kept on accidentally god modding.

11. I have gotten a CNRP topic in the forums locked by accident due to god modding too much.

12: Pissed off a 61k NS player when I was at .4k NS by trying to get the player to trade with me, and nearly got put on the 61k player's personal ZI list (by bribing other players to do the ZI list).

13. Not saving up tax collection days on my CN nation's anniversary.

14. Spending all of my tech trade payment money, causing me to be behind tech deliveries and pissed off my customer.

15. Accident sent $3 million to a 41k NS nation when I was close to the 2k infra jump when the other player offered to trade with me.

16. Accidentally switched to Anarchy when I was going to switch to Democratic government.

17. I wanted to get a spy when I was at 1.7k NS, but some spy rouge punk spied it away undetected.

18. Nearly got into a war against a nearly ZIed nuke rouge who was at 1.8k NS (the rouge had 6 nukes) when I was at 1.5k NS.

Someone should post a topic warning new CN players to avoid our n00b mistakes by showing the list of our n00b mistakes. :awesome:

Edited by HHAYD

1. Not tech dealing when tech was cheaper.

2. Buying too much tech.

3. Naming my nation after the Yankees. Got hit by a Red Sox fan rogue who was leaving the game. He was twice my size and knocked me from about 7500 NS to about 5500 NS.

Love the 3rd part. :v:

Let's see...in some ways. They are Legion. And in some ways, I am still learning. But some of the highlights have been:

Not tech dealing early.

Taking things I was told at 100% of face value with regards to certain things.

Opening mouth and inserting foot.

Engaging 3 nations on the alliance target list (previous alliance) as they were within range and NOT taking into consideration the military wonders they all had on hand...or, the nukes one had. Was a rather educational time. Luckily the nuke capable did not nuke. And...doing so with a rather insignificant warchest (22k nation starting 3 fights with about 4 million on hand against superior foes).

Allowing my fuse to be lit at exactly the wrong times (yeah, still working on that one).

(edit) yeah...10% tax rate too.

Edited by Strykewolf

1. I forgot to buy back my labor camps and lost 270mill. (Happened recently)

2. Having never sold tech in my nations life.

3. Thinking it would be cool to be a mercenary and then finding out the hard way why it is a bad idea. ;) (Back in the day when the largest nations were 5k NS)

Now I regret all the mistakes I made. If I had skipped my wars I would be 20k Infra. If I had not sent out over 1bill in foreign aid, If I had sold tech when I was small, and had started buying tech when I should have I would be in the top #5.

When I put it that way the mistakes I made when I was still a small nation sound pretty bad....

PS: I made the mistake with the 10% tax rate also.

Edited by Compstomper

probably the biggest mistakes for me was not doing the LC swaps until just recently, never selling tech ever. and i didnt know how to do a proper infra jump until my nation was almost a year old

oh, and joining athens. psh, whatever was i thinking >_>

Ps. dont think i ever did the 10% tax thing, but i honestly dont remember.

my biggest mistake was probably thinking that the jewelry, fast food, affluent pop trade set was best for me nation, then switching to the 8 bonus resource trade when my resources were pigs and cattle....then there was that one time I anarchied myself....then the time I wasted the $1mil I got in aid, which was my 1st ever aid(thought I was rich :D), all on a war(used it to buy troops, CMs, and tech :P)....not tech dealing for half my nation's existence....wasting time warring instead of growing....not doing LC swaps...and joining the NPO....lol, just joking about that last one.

glad I was never tricked into selling off my trades but I am guilty of giving a few ignorant folk some of the green stuff when I needed the trade ;)