Noob Mistakes

baseballer790

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having the 8BG Trade combo for my first nation because I thought "the more bonusgoods, the better". Obviously the 8BG combo is one of the worst available, but I realized pretty late. (de facto that was the trigger to research the game-math more deeply).

Less than a year ago:

-I tried to set up a 3M/100 tech deal without middlemen that would last only ten days. I was told it was impossible, but I kept arguing that I had more than one aid slot available.

-I accepted a long term trade with my natural resources (fish/wheat) for 100K to someone that had lead/silver... And over 5000 infra.

-I tech raided a nation above 13 days of inactivity. Twice.

Lets see...

1. I bought infra in random blocks, such as 1, 3.9, .01, and etc when I first started the game.

2. I bought lots of tech, up to 140 tech when my infra was 420, because I thought the more tech, the better.

3. I wanted to get the Luxury trade set when both of my native resources are parts of the Industrial trade set.

4. Tech raiding and nearly getting beaten up by my old alliance because they wanted to punish me.

5. Accidentally threw myself into Anarchy while tech raiding when I deployed too much soldiers.

6. Left my old alliance and then got pounded hard by a 4.3k NS rouge when my CN nation was 1.7k NS.

7. Screwed up the tech deals schedule in my current alliance from sending aid to random nations.

8. Got yelled at by my alliance after they found some of my old, CN Forums posts that was stupid and funny.

9. Got yelled at by my alliance after I posted a message in my alliance forums that looked like I was going to help the FAN alliance.

10. Currently pissing off people in the CN RP Forums because I kept on accidentally god modding.

Want more? :P

Edited by HHAYD

I was doing a 10 day backcollection cycle but forgot to buy 5 Labor Camps the last one, so i had to pay bills without them. Not funny at 8k Infra back then, cost me about 75m cash.....

My first 2 month i rejected any advise and didn´t do any backcollections, you can see where that lead my efficiency won´t be over 200.

Edited by Steelrat

Ha, I forgot the worst one: I elawyered with the admin once, which had cost me my first nation after just entering the Top200 (of back then nearly 40,000 nations). :P

Without that mistake I would have the damn #1 rank for a year now :o

Edited by (DAC)Syzygy

I remember when I got my first foreign aid of 50,000 (oh yeah that's huge).

And I was so excited I was cycling randomly through the purchase screen, buying 5 infra there, 2 tech there, 50 soldiers there, another 5 infra there etc.

I ended up using more money than I "should have", but it was fun ^_^

I remember when I got my first foreign aid of 50,000 (oh yeah that's huge).

And I was so excited I was cycling randomly through the purchase screen, buying 5 infra there, 2 tech there, 50 soldiers there, another 5 infra there etc.

I ended up using more money than I "should have", but it was fun ^_^

Same, except I was super rich with 6k.

Edited by Delta1212

Well I did accidentally leak my alliance's private war channel password during the Unjust war onto the CN IRC Channel -.-"

Other than that it would be never tech dealing and forgetting to buy land.

Edited by YoshiRevoultion