General Canadian actions

Lynneth

OOC: You can do it even with MSpaint. I used irfanview, but gimp and photoshop and every other image program and their mothers can do that.

OOC: I don't have Photoshop. :unsure:

I do, however, have MS Paint and GIMP. :awesome:

Edited by JEDCJT

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**Private conversation - Highly classified**

"How is the research going?"

"As we've taken one of the railgun-emplacements that Naboo sold us some time ago, our scientists can use it to understand and reverse-engineer the technology. Of course, our railguns will be different enough from Naboo's so that we won't have to fear a lawsuit or somesuch thing."

"And the fusion power plant?"

"Same with that, Sir. It's good that we managed to get two plants instead of one, so shutting one of them down won't hurt us too much."

"Good, good. Anything else?"

"Yes, Sir. Our scientists claim that they've managed to make a material that we can use for the space-elevator."

"Oh?"

"Yes. They call it...Uh, carbite-nano-something tubes. I forgot the exact name, unfortunately."

"A complicated name?"

"I don't think so. I just didn't take the time to memorize it."

"Too bad. Anyways, they think it's strong enough?"

"Yes, Sir. It can apparently withstand something like 110 Gigapascal while the elevator needs maybe half of that."

"Impressive. Can they mass-produce it?"

"Unfortunately, no. We currently can't."

"Well, damn. Anyways, try to keep it secret. We don't want other nations to get that stuff and build their own elevators."

"So you won't tell the world we may have something..?"

"No. Once we can mass-produce that stuff, then we tell them, not earlier."

"Understood."

"Now, how's the research for the K.I. going?"

"We've encountered some difficulties, but we're still within the schedule. But perfecting it will take much more time than the research itself."

"I know, what with the neural simulation and whatever they call it."

"Indeed."

"Genetics?"

"Well ahead of schedule. Now that our scientists don't have to worry about human rights anymore, the genetic projects go faster than expected. Prototypes have already been created, I mean P.C. with that. They currently look...horrifying, like demons almost."

"But we both know demons don't exist. Those prototypes will be euthanised, anyways, once they've served their purpose."

"Why are we doing this again, Sir?"

"Because it's an experiment, Fjodor. You know the slogan of the facility, don't you?"

"Yes, Sir. We do what we must, because we can."

"Exactly. Now, let us get back to work. As usual, this phone conversation never happened."

"Yes, Chairman. Of course."

Meanwhile, five rockets were launched from the Saborian spaceport into space, all part of the improved and modernized SDI-network. The new system was predited to be capable of shooting up to 80% of all ICBMs down when the satellites were spread around the globe. When concentrated near a country, up to 98% of all ballistic missles were predicted to be destroyed by the system. The improved SDI would also be capable of destroying hostile satellites, although the sats for that task would need another 5 months to reach space.

Edited by Lynneth

James took a snapshot of two large flashes on the east coast of South America - where Republic troops were living. Shortly after, two more appeared where Republic and BlackKnight nearly shared a border.

"What the hell?"

OOC: <.<

Send me a PM on what that was, I don't wanna write the wrong stuff.

Also, what's everyone's thoughts on my human-rights-free genetic projects? :awesome:

OOC: <.<

Send me a PM on what that was, I don't wanna write the wrong stuff.

Also, what's everyone's thoughts on my human-rights-free genetic projects? :awesome:

OOC: I was just saying on irc a few hours ago that I was going to start something similar myself, albeit with appararntly different goals.

Also don't proliferate that technology too much, I'd rather not give it out to everyone and their dog.

OOC: I was just saying on irc a few hours ago that I was going to start something similar myself, albeit with appararntly different goals.

Also don't proliferate that technology too much, I'd rather not give it out to everyone and their dog.

OOC: If you mean the genetic stuff, that'll very likely stay in Saboria, *maybe* some given to REPO members. If you didn't mean that, then what was meant?

IC:

The Cainian Empire is looking to send a scientist or two on a future moon mission if Saboria launches any more.

While this is possible, out decision will have to wait until after the south american war, as afterwards, there are some changes in our foreign policies that we want to enact.

Edited by Lynneth

OOC: well that too but I was mostly referring to the fusion and to a lesser extent railguns.

OOC: Ah, that. Well, I told you in the PMs where we discussed that stuff that I may give it to REPOmembers, but that it'll mostly stay within the country.

Also, railguns on tanks ftw :awesome:

OOC: Ah, that. Well, I told you in the PMs where we discussed that stuff that I may give it to REPOmembers, but that it'll mostly stay within the country.

Also, railguns on tanks ftw :awesome:

OOC: Yeah I remember, I just wanted to make sure we were clear, especially in light of recent events such as where KT got their hands on rediculous technology (even by large nation standards) and proceeded to cause a massive argument about it.

Also I'll look into those calcs for you after dinner (which I am eating now).

OOC: Yeah I remember, I just wanted to make sure we were clear, especially in light of recent events such as where KT got their hands on rediculous technology (even by large nation standards) and proceeded to cause a massive argument about it.

Also I'll look into those calcs for you after dinner (which I am eating now).

OOC: Heheheh. You're welcome, and thanks. lol

The AISR .4

AISR02.jpg

Caliber: 5.45x39 mm

Action: Electric operated, rotating bolt + stacked projectile, caseless

Overall length: 738 mm

Barrel length: n/a

Weigth: 6.48 kg unloaded, w/o sight; 7.85 kg loaded w/o sight (30 5.45mm + 3 40mm rounds); 9.9-9.9 kg loaded w. electronic sight

Rate of fire: 650 rounds per minute (for 5.45mm barrel)

Capacity: 30 rounds (5.45mm) magazine plus 3 40mm rounds in the G/L barrel2

The newly developed AISR .4 - short for Advanced Infantry Standard Rifle - is the latest development of Saborian arms manufacturers.

Overall, AISR represents a modular weapon system that combines the 5.45mm rifle/carbine component as a host (basic) platform with a 40mm multi-shot grenade launcher (G/L) module and multi-purpose electro-optical sighting system, which can be used to fire either rifle or G/L component, and also can provide recon data to external "consumers" such as tactical computers.

The AISR has been extensively modified from the .3 model to accept newer elements of the system - for example, receiver has been upgraded to receive the G/L module at the top, and the buttstock has been enlarged to accomodate G/L electronic fire contol module. Other changes include modification to the safety and trigger arrangements - AISR system has a single trigger for both weapon components (5.45 and 40mm), and a three position (safe - rifle - G/L) safety/selector switch at the side of the pistol grip. It has three firemodes for the rifle itself (1-shot - 3-round burst - 6-round burst). The top of the receiver hosts the multi-role sights of various types.

The most interesting part of the AISR is the multi-shot 40mm grenade launcher, which looks like a single 40mm G/L barrel but contains three 40mm projectiles stacked one behind the another. These projectiles are launched using electric ignition impulses, provided by the fire control module built into the buttstock of the host rifle. Since the muzzle velocity of these projectiles is slightly more than usual for 40mm handheld G/L (95m/s instead of 75m/s), host rifle incorporates the recoil reduction buffer, that allows the G/L barrel to recoil against the spring, decreasing the peak recoil impulse.

AISR .4 electronic Grenade launcher

Caliber: 40mm (others possible)

Type: Stacked-projectile, caseless multishot system

Overall length: n/a

Weight: n/a

Effective range: up to 400 m

Capacity: 3 shots (current 40mm model, single barrel)

Key advantage of electronic G/L (eG/L) system is its mechanic simplicity. In fact, the standard grenade launching unit is no more than a single rifled barrel, loaded with several projectiles, stacked one upon the another. There are no loading mechanisms, no feed units nor magazines or belts - each barrel is a magazine itself. Projectiles are fired using powder charges, located in the hollow hase of each projectile, and there's no case left to extract and eject after each shot; Powder is ignited by the electric ignition system, wired to the electronic fire control module through small ports in the wall of the barrel. When the user presses the firing button or trigger, the electronic fire control module sends the ignition impulse to the charge of the foremost projectile in the stack; when the trigger is pressed for the second time, the module ignites the second charge and then the next, until the barrel is empty. Once all the rounds in the barrel are shot out, it can be removed from the host and then either collected and later sent to factory for reloading, or simply discarded.

The current 40mm grenade launching module, developed for the AISR rifle/GL system, contains three grenades stacked one in front of another in single barrel. Each barrel has an electronic interface which is connected to the fire control unit, built into the host platform. This is about the simplest of all systems, at least from the operator's point of view (from developer's point of view, there's plenty of complications and difficulties, almost all of which have already been overcome). However, there is one drawback when the electronic eG/L system is compared to existing mechanically or manually reloaded systems - latter systems still can be fired once batteries are dry; the electronic eG/L always requires some sort of electric power to operate. This problem may seem critical, especially for military purposes, but, actually, it is not. The necessary electricity is provided by the magneto-impulse generators, powered by the pull of the trigger, although it also is possible to plug a battery pack into the rifle. Note that the rifle itself uses a similar system for firing the bullets.

AISR03.jpg

An official showing the usefulness of one of the multirole sights.

AISR04.jpg

The eG/L

Edited by Lynneth

While this is possible, out decision will have to wait until after the south american war, as afterwards, there are some changes in our foreign policies that we want to enact.

***Private Missive to Chairman Lynneth***

Will this affect the mission Anderson is training for?

~Georgina Gates, Lady of Foreign Affairs

***End Message***

***Private Missive to Chairman Lynneth***

Will this affect the mission Anderson is training for?

~Georgina Gates, Lady of Foreign Affairs

***End Message***

**Private message to Mrs. Gates**

It will not. I've promised him to get him up there and I value promises.

Unless he himself doesn't want to go on it anymore, nothing in that regard will change.

- The Chairman

**End of**

James took a snapshot of two large flashes on the east coast of South America - where Republic troops were living. Shortly after, two more appeared where Republic and BlackKnight nearly shared a border.

"What the hell?"

One of the Astronauts had seen these flashes as well. "I'll go contact Omega about this. Go get the others, this looks important."

((OOC: Omega = Designation of the Saborian Spaceport, internally, which means all who work there))

He walked and jumped as quickly as he could towards the shuttle to get a transmission home.

"Flashes like that...Something big must've exploded."

OOC: Nobody's commenting on my gun. <.<

Edited by Lynneth

[Two months after the last conversation - Highly Classified]

"Another update? So soon?"

"Yes, Sir. Our scientists have found a way to cool the railguns properly. It's a breakthrough!"

"Really?"

"Yes. This will make implementing rail- or gauss-weaponry on our tanks much easier, on the order of a magnitude or two."

"Impressive, impressive. Have there been advances in the other projects?"

"None too big, Sir, although it seems probable that there may be one in the K.I. project within the next weeks. There are the signs for one, but if it actually will be a breakthrough, that we don't know."

"Unfortunate. What about P.C.?"

"Minor advancements. We still need to figure out ways to imprint memories on a mind and to accelerate the growth of the specimen."

"It is not impossible that Naboo may know something about these topics...Although I wouldn't want to share our accomplishments with them."

"Neither would I or my men, sir."

"Hmm. Anyways, once the railguns are usable, I want all Leopard 2A7 tanks upgraded and reclassified to 2A8. Ah, and don't forget built faraday cages into them, we want EMPs to be as useless as possible."

"Of course, Sir. We could also equip our battleships with railcannons, by the way. A higher caliber, of course."

"Additionally to the various missles they already carry?"

"Yes, Sir. Estimated on the range are between 30 and 400 kilometers, when mounted on a battleship and powered with a fusion reactor. The tanks may reach a range of up to 25 kilometers, so we'll be able to use them as improvised artillery, too."

"And the howitzers?"

"With the right equipment, the maximum range may be anywhere between 60 and 120 kilometers. These superior weapons will give us an incredible advantage over almost all armies in the world. Few could resist our tanks, once they're upgraded."

"Very good. But is there a possibility of handheld railguns?"

"Something like that will take a lot more time, Sir. Fusion reactors are heavy and are dangerous if they malfunction or are damaged, even more so if made small enough to power a tank. We'd need powerful batteries, and even then, they'd only be useful for snipers and dedicated anti-tank soldiers. Unless we manage to build a power plant that can power a handheld railgun, we can't equip all our soldiers with such weapons. And that doesn't include the difficulty of making it secure enough for soldiers. Railguns themselves aren't too hard - making them small, safe and powering them is hard. So, in the end, we'll likely have to use powerful battery packs."

"Yes, yes...I trust you to do your duties."

"Of course."

"Until next time, Fjodor."

"Until then, Chairman."

Click.

The chairman put down the phone.

It will not. I've promised him to get him up there and I value promises.

Unless he himself doesn't want to go on it anymore, nothing in that regard will change.

- The Chairman

**End of**

***Reply To Chairman Lynneth***

Thank you. I doubt he'll change his mind on THAT sort of thing, though I personally don't see what's so fascinating about it. Anyway, I'll stop bothering you and let you get on with your work.

***End Message***

One of the Astronauts had seen these flashes as well. "I'll go contact Omega about this. Go get the others, this looks important."

((OOC: Omega = Designation of the Saborian Spaceport, internally, which means all who work there))

He walked and jumped as quickly as he could towards the shuttle to get a transmission home.

"Flashes like that...Something big must've exploded."

OOC: Nobody's commenting on my gun. <.<

OOC: What can I really say about the gun, other than it's :awesome:? Anyway, just remember that communication with Earth takes several seconds either way for transmissions. I'm not sure on the exact time lag...

***Reply To Chairman Lynneth***

Thank you. I doubt he'll change his mind on THAT sort of thing, though I personally don't see what's so fascinating about it. Anyway, I'll stop bothering you and let you get on with your work.

***End Message***

Some people simply appreciate the beauty of space, Mrs. Gates.

Others do not, but that is entirely their choice.

Live long and prosper. V

- The Chairman

OOC: What can I really say about the gun, other than it's :awesome:? Anyway, just remember that communication with Earth takes several seconds either way for transmissions. I'm not sure on the exact time lag...

OOC: Railguns on tanks ftw. :awesome:

The exact time is less than 2 lightseconds. To Mars, it's 3 minutes, and to the Sun, 8.

Also, who sees the Mr. Spock-sign? :awesome:

Live long and prosper. V

- The Chairman

The exact time is less than 2 lightseconds. To Mars, it's 3 minutes, and to the Sun, 8.

OOC: Still, the point is it's not going to be completely instantaneous.

And SpocK? Where?! OH, now I c wat u did thar. Haha... :lol: Live long and prosper yourself. V

Live long and prosper. V

- The Chairman

OOC: Heh, I c wat you did thar. V :awesome:

OOC: Still, the point is it's not going to be completely instantaneous.

And SpocK? Where?! OH, now I c wat u did thar. Haha... :lol: Live long and prosper yourself. V

OOC: This, heh. V :awesome:

Edited by JEDCJT

OOC: Railguns on tanks is unlikely, but Lavo and I already have coilguns on tanks, but then neither of use tanks much....

OOC: Unlikely, but not impossible. And coilguns are really very similar to railguns. Railguns use 2 magnetic rails to accelerate the projectile, coilguns use several magnetic coils. Both use magnetic force to accelerate the projectile.