General Canadian actions

Lynneth

OOC: Yay! The USA (or New England to be exact) now has a border with Canada. :awesome:

IC: The USA commends Canada for taking the initiative to restore law and order at the first opportunity.

OOC: Yus!

IC: Thank you very much.

OOC: Lynneth, you should really give me Naponee, Ontario like you would be really sweet if you did. 47.png
OOC: No, give it to me. I want it. 47.png

OOC:

Lolno.

IT EEZ MEIN!

1223667807819.jpg

Edited by Lynneth

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second module of the Base Alpha had finally been installed, the last two parts - the third module and the mainbase - on the way, but not there. There had been slight problems with the installation of the second module, some of the tech within having to be replaced, which of course took quite some time thanks to the relatively bulky suits the astronauts wore.

Of the Endeavour shuttle, 12 had been finished by now, only 2 more in construction. Of the Pegasus class, 3 of 4 were done, though they were not equipped with drives...Those were not in existence yet, as the Canadians planned to use fusion propulsion once the technology had been made viable for use in these rather big shuttles. Only one of the Pegasus class was already in orbit, having been built there, while the other two - and the last one, as well - were on the ground. They would have to be brought up by the use of powerful carrier rockets, which were being designed right now.

Regarding the Endeavour shuttle...None of it ever touched the ground. All of them were being built in space, i something resembling a space-dockyard. Quite impressive, actually, to one who observed the construction.

In Estuaire meanwhile, the factories churned out all the materials needed to assemble the modules in orbit after their parts had been brought up by the elevator.

Each and every time another part of the modules went up, all those involved thanked the foresight of those who built the elevator, making their work so much easier, cheaper, and faster.

*Classified - shortly after calling Lavo Shalam*

(See here)

Other things had to be done, as well...The system of Canada, Rational Communism, had more than enough books spread all over the world. It would not need to specifically be preserved.

But so much other knowledge and research...

The Chairwoman decided that all of this knowledge should be backed up on long-lasting computer hard drives, though she didn't yet know whom to send all this information in the case of Canada's fall. There were too few nations that could be trusted, and even fewer that were truly lasting.

She sighed.

In the meantime, the scientists of Canada were working as quickly as they could, to compile all this information. It was an immense amount, easily filling dozens of petabytes worth of Hard drives. Much was already in order, but transferring it to the backups, doing it properly and then giving each drive a specific number, that was the bulk of the work.

Elsewhere, the former Chairman Lynneth simply watched as protests began to form within the country, not reported to the outside world, but still there. Protests, campaigns, and much more. He sat there and watched, unable to do anything.

Several days had passed, and the Canadian scientists had actually managed to put almost the entire knowledge of canadian science onto some hundred hard drives, each much bigger than current civilian drives, but smaller than those within a decade.

In the meantime, Merkel had decided who would be best to keep this information, and she had managed to get him to appear in her office, somehow circumventing all guardposts.

"So you indeed wish me to take care of all this?"

"Yes. None other than you is suited for this task."

"Very well. I'll get these drives to a place where they're safe. Forever, if necessary."

"Excellent. They're currently at the old facility, but-" She was interrupted by him. "I will get them myself. The driver is loyal?"

"Yes."

"Good. I'll be off."

"Good luck."

"I won't need that, Merkel."

"If you say so..."

And with that the man almost literally vanished from the building, a day or so later appearing at the genetic facility. A sizable truck was waiting, and the man got in after putting his luggage into the back of the truck, where the drives were, each carefully packed so the information on it would survive any transport.

They were ready for the journey.