General RPing Guidelines

Sargun II

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's fair to RP gains you have ingame, but not losses? Sounds like a double-standard to me. You take the good with the bad. You can't have one and not the other--nations rise and fall.

When did I say that? It's a general guideline that people use. I don't, but I was acknowledging that people do use it. I honestly just use real army figures in my RP or numbers that the RP seems to be using. Whatever fits the occasion really.

As for gains, nope. I believe time here is what should count. If someone is at 1K infrastructure and low-tech but has RP'd here for a bit of time, he/she should be able to RP that their nation is grown and they have nuclear arms. And that's definitely not me !@#$%*ing, because I can buy nukes, even at 1K infrastructure.

But that reminded me of something else as well. I am understrict surrender terms. Kind of unfair that I have to RP without a navy and airforce because the terms IG require it. I shouldn't be punished because my IG alliance honored a treaty in RP. I should be punished in RP if I lose and get slapped with strict surrender terms.

"Nations rise and fall", indeed they do. You can RP them as rising and falling quite easily, hence why I believe time here in this forum is what should determine your "strength".

Edited by Highbuzz

When did I say that? It's a general guideline that people use. I don't, but I was acknowledging that people do use it. I honestly just use real army figures in my RP or numbers that the RP seems to be using. Whatever fits the occasion really.

As for gains, nope. I believe time here is what should count. If someone is at 1K infrastructure and low-tech but has RP'd here for a bit of time, he/she should be able to RP that their nation is grown and they have nuclear arms. And that's definitely not me !@#$%*ing, because I can buy nukes, even at 1K infrastructure.

But that reminded me of something else as well. I am understrict surrender terms. Kind of unfair that I have to RP without a navy and airforce because the terms IG require it. I shouldn't be punished because my IG alliance honored a treaty in RP. I should be punished in RP if I lose and get slapped with strict surrender terms.

"Nations rise and fall", indeed they do. You can RP them as rising and falling quite easily, hence why I believe time here in this forum is what should determine your "strength".

While I do not agree with you, I can see and respect your reasoniong. However, this IS Cyber nations RP, so it should be influenced, to a limited degree, by what happens IG.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

While I do not agree with you, I can see and respect your reasoniong. However, this IS Cyber nations RP, so it should be influenced, to a limited degree, by what happens IG.

Only the name of nation and ruler name should really matter, at least it does only to me. I still RP with the weapons that CN uses. Tanks, airplanes, nukes, and soldiers. I don't do mechs or anything. If we should RP with CN, then mechs and anything CN does not supply should be banned by saying "It's not Cybernations"

Why is it unfair for the newer players for him to have both? Triyunica already had the area claimed, it's not like he went across the ocean and plucked it.

Because he doesn't have a big enough SoI ingame to control both, even with one of them as an autnomous region within a larger nation.

Only the name of nation and ruler name should really matter, at least it does only to me. I still RP with the weapons that CN uses. Tanks, airplanes, nukes, and soldiers. I don't do mechs or anything. If we should RP with CN, then mechs and anything CN does not supply should be banned by saying "It's not Cybernations"

I think our disagreement here is a matter of degree. We both agree that RP should not be limited to simply IG stats, as those don't cover everything that exist in RL. However, what I'm saying is that you should at least nominally recognize that IG stats influence your RP'ed nation.

1. I'm a SHE, not a HE. I hate the meme "No girls on the internet"

2. Korea will be owed by Triyun anyway, so how does this affect the situation>

1. My apologies. It's a little hard to tell genders over the internet... :D

2. Yes, but you will also be controlling it as a protectorate/autonomous region, am I correct?

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

I think our disagreement here is a matter of degree. We both agree that RP should not be limited to simply IG stats, as those don't cover everything that exist in RL. However, what I'm saying is that you should at least nominally recognize that IG stats influence your RP'ed nation.

I guess that's where we disagree.

Because he doesn't have a big enough SoI ingame to control both, even with one of them as an autnomous region within a larger nation.

He did not claim the land, it was given to him. So are you saying that if a country in the middle-east attacks a north american country, the aggressor is not allowed to have any land that he conquered?

It's not the same problem, but if your answer is a SoI issue then it would also apply to that situation.

1. My apologies. It's a little hard to tell genders over the internet... :D

2. Yes, but you will also be controlling it as a protectorate/autonomous region, am I correct?

Given the purge of nations around New Guinea, I'll probably be the Imperial Viceroy of the area, with the control mainly being in Triyun's hands.

We'll see what happens, after the war is over and things are settled down (and after I annex the rest of New Guinea :awesome: )

Sumeragi, the nation purge was for new players to claim, not for existing nations to expand.

Of course, I do think you're a new player, not entirely sure.

Actually, no, I believe sumeragi's been around a while, just not extremely active. Am I right?

Actually, no, I believe sumeragi's been around a while, just not extremely active. Am I right?

Nation Created: 6/10/2008 1:16:11 AM (99 days old)

I suppose I'm not new....... But then, I would have gotten New Guinea anyway if it weren't for those inactive nations barging in. (My current AoI hasn't changed for like the past two months)

Edited by Sumeragi

Nation Created: 6/10/2008 1:16:11 AM (99 days old)

I suppose I'm not new....... But then, I would have gotten New Guinea anyway if it weren't for those inactive nations barging in. (My current AoI hasn't changed for like the past two months)

Yeah, I thought I'd seen you around here before...

Hey all.

:) Hmm, I better post today. How 'speeded up' is the time for things etc.? Like, how long would it take in our time for my nation to have begun building 'real' cities and moving up slightly from their tribal origins? :D

Depends on your tech as long as you do not have tech you will remain in it. As for time frame basically what the wRP demands for example my leader hasn't aged even a year yet but the things I did in the same real time would take in real life years.

Hey all.

:) Hmm, I better post today. How 'speeded up' is the time for things etc.? Like, how long would it take in our time for my nation to have begun building 'real' cities and moving up slightly from their tribal origins? :D

Things aren't completely realistic, even in RP (otherwise nothing would ever get done, treally). As long as you don't SUPER accelerate your building up, I have no problem with you.