CN:TE Build Order

This was my plan:

Start with random religion, monarchy government and, most importantly, dongs as your currency. Say a prayer for the starting resources to not suck, and then create.

Pay initial bill before doing anything else.

If the preferred government is republic or capitalism, then I'd probably change over to that, otherwise stay with monarchy, then pick the preferred religion.

Spend enough starter money on infra/land/soldiers to get 1000 citizens to buy a harbor, then save the rest.

Try very hard to fill all five trade slots before the first day ends (where you can't get attacked and your money stolen).

Buy 60 tech (I like the idea of having L2 planes after winning two battles) and like 100 miles of land just before the server update (so you'll show lower NS for most of day 1 until the last minute or so) Pay bill at the start of second day, spend most of the rest on infra. At this point buy a bank if you aren't going to be involved in serious fighting, then collect taxes and then max out your soldiers/tanks, and go into Defcon 1. Otherwise first change government to democracy, collect taxes, then buy a guerrilla camp, then max out your soldiers/tanks and defcon 1.

From there it depends a lot on what attacks you launch or what is launched against you, though most people aren't going to F with someone at defcon 1 and max troop strength. If at the end of day 2 nobody has bothered to fight you, then go quad attack an easy target (for you it's pretty much anyone who spent their money right away without setting up trades first) for tech/land.

Only weakness is a period of vulnerability at the start of day 2 where you haven't bought everything and someone can swoop in and rob your cash if they're fast and you're slow. Though chances are these types of people spent everything on day 1 and have more than 2x your NS and don't even have you in their sights, and in any case the person setting themselves up to attack you also makes himself vulnerable by keeping his NS low enough to be able to fight you.

You can also try getting even more efficiency by filling your four trade slots before even getting the harbor set up, but you risk having a crappy time filling the 5th slot later with the 2 specific resources needed to finish your set and possibly never getting them at all since there can be like only 2 people in the whole game with that pair. Easier to just be able to consider all five at a time in my experience.

You can also try getting even more efficiency by filling your four trade slots before even getting the harbor set up, but you risk having a crappy time filling the 5th slot later with the 2 specific resources needed to finish your set and possibly never getting them at all since there can be like only 2 people in the whole game with that pair. Easier to just be able to consider all five at a time in my experience.

Hm, good point. One of my trades is out of team :(. Dunno if this is better than my plan though, in terms of tradeoff.

because of the low amount of nations and the almost constant fighting (what is a purpose of CN:TE ^^) guides are hard to follow. If you have semi-perfect resources you will have a hard time to get some of the very very few good trades (wheat+fish, iron+water etc..) and often you cannot know if a GuerillaCamp, a Factory or a Stadium would be better in the next week.

As example: in my first week I have played with 2 Guerilla Camps - and the loot from the battles worked WAY better than any income I could have made. But I could also have been unlucky and some way stronger nation could have jumped on me to crush me... nobody knows :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have found offensive wars are a bad idea in TE.

I mean, there are no noobs there. People aren't going to accept getting tech raided. Are you will to take two cruise missiles every day for 7 days (potentially)?

Are you willing to accept the fact that a weaker nation can defeat you after you have deployed your troops and attacked ( less defending soldiers)?

Yeah, not worth it.

Max out military: yes

defcon 1: yes

Starting unnecessary wars? I don't think so.

I started with monarchy, but really any -5% infra cost will do, and you can change to whatever you want (I'd recommend something with troop efficiency - if your people want democracy or federal, they'd be outstanding) after you buy your initial infra.

First thing, pay bills (or get trades and pay bills, if you're really fussy about the $3-4). Then get trades for construction if it's at all feasible, buy your initial tech (gold isn't bad for this, and 60's probably a good spot, but season to taste), and THEN buy your infra for harbor/etc. No sense buying tech without resource discounts, after all.

Improvements are an area where there seem to be a lot of different tactics. Factories aren't a bad idea, I don't think, especially since you're undoubtedly going to be buying tanks now and then, and you're going to want infra too. If you're planning on building and being largely defensive, I'd say to start with some banks or factories. If you're planning on being particularly aggressive, maybe g.camps or barracks would be better.

Whatever you decide, work on finishing up your trades quickly. Try to stay in-color, but if you get 4 of 5 and need something specific, be willing to go out of color at least temporarily. Better to have all your trades than to fuss too much over 1 happy. Now, I had little trouble with trades, because I created the first night, had decent starting resources, and there were tons of people coming in who also wanted to set up trades. It may be a little slower now that a lot of that is over, and a lot of slots are already full.

I just went ahead and did all my initial development at once, figuring if I looked half-built, people would (reasonably) go after me expecting a nice cash payout. I think too much tech and not enough infra means low troop numbers (and good loot), which makes you a target, so I'm skeptical of spending too much on tech initially (especially when you can acquire it otherwise). I'd buy some land while it's cheap...the first 50 are almost free, and the next sets aren't too bad either.

Once you're all set, buy some troops to get your population content, collect, then go to Defcon 1 and top off your troops and tanks. I won't go into planning war strategy here, since it's beyond the focus of the thread, but I will say that having a decent population and keeping your soldiers and tanks fairly full should discourage random attacks pretty well (there are usually easier targets somewhere). Also, getting an air force, even a small one, within the first week should help your image (I wouldn't get a ton of level 1 planes, since you'll want to replace them sooner than later, but if you can get 2's or 3's pretty quickly, I'd consider it). If you're really worried, you could consider picking up a few CMs. They should talk borderline would-be attackers out of choosing you in lieu of easier prey, especially if you're willing to use them. Personally, I probably won't buy any unless I get swarmed, but I can see how they'd be beneficial. I wouldn't go overboard on either air force or CMs early, though, as they don't really help you as much as development does, at this point, and they just pile up bills (if you're using them, it's different).

Hmm...what else. Oh, try to stay in Defcon 1 most of the time, except when you're collecting. Good luck!

What's with the fascination with Monarchy in CN:TE? I would have thought Totalitarian State would be more dominant in the more aggressive version.

I think it's mostly just holdover from CN:SE. Personally, I don't think Military Upkeep's too big an issue (at least until later), and you're better off with Soldier Efficiency and Initial Infra Cost.

What's with the fascination with Monarchy in CN:TE? I would have thought Totalitarian State would be more dominant in the more aggressive version.

I've selected Totalitarian state, and FYI, I'm making a fortune raiding nations that didn't spend much of their start up cash. Half of them are totally inactive and another offered peace because they are being hit by several people. Then I move on the the next seemly inactive nation in the lower tier of my NS range. Like taking candy from a baby. A fat war chest helps, Since I won't need to collect taxes for a while I swapped out a bank for a GC.

Create, and don't do anything except pay bills for several days. Get your (4) trades sorted out.

Keep paying bills, doing nothing. Use this time to locate a fifth trade partner through messeging (i.e., "hey would you like to trade?").

Hopefully, you should find someone at around the 7-10 day mark.

Buy infra, getting a harbor along the way (and 1-2 other improvements). You should get to about 300-400 infra. Get your fifth trade (giving you all the bonuses).

Collect.

Congrats! You just got roughly 650,000+! You now have a nation in the top 15%, with a bunch of cash on hand.

get max infra, then guerilla improvements, if you cant get trades, otherwise go harbor.

Usually when you join your alliance in CN:TE you will get a role, fighter or builder... theres like 3 or 4 buildiers per alliance, while the others try and keep em from getting attacked, and taking down other alliances 'builders'

oddly enough Democracy is the best government for nations who wage war often but do not have spies. (ironic because most democracies hate going to war) This is because you get the +8% solider efficiency for war and you get a nice income boost if you have to collect. For nations who have spies or are not collecting in a war Communism makes the most sense. ( this one actually makes sense compared to real life history.)

revolutionary government is just as good as monarchy if not better. so i don't see why people don't pick that one.

oddly enough Democracy is the best government for nations who wage war often but do not have spies. (ironic because most democracies hate going to war) This is because you get the +8% solider efficiency for war and you get a nice income boost if you have to collect. For nations who have spies or are not collecting in a war Communism makes the most sense. ( this one actually makes sense compared to real life history.)

revolutionary government is just as good as monarchy if not better. so i don't see why people don't pick that one.

Agreed, Democracy is the one I would use. Revolutionary over Monarchy too.

I think a lot of people are still in the habit of "Always choose Monarchy."

Well, maybe i am a litle off topic but i register here only to post this, its just a few tips to newbies like me because if i had have known of this before i start the game i rater be in a very good position now(righ now i am in the top 500, but i feel that i could easyly get plus 1000 streght points if i havent done some p%¨%$& and be in the top 100 at this high or maybe top 50) remembering tat i never played cn:S or cn:TE before, well here it goes some newbie to newbie tip, i hope you make good use of this ( ps.: i am brazillian and my english is a litle wreck so, give me a break :rolleyes: ):

First, when you begin the game, try to get all trade slots full before doing anything, try to arrenge a trade circle to get some bonus resources, especially steel and construction and some happy bonus resources(beer and food or automobiles, for automobiles you will need asphalt wich is a good bonus resource too) and try to get all team bonus in trades, +5 happy can do a huge difference(i said 5 because the first improvement you have to buy is shurely an harbor)!

Get an alliance for protection (politic is important too, if you get an alliance that is in war all the time than your nation will be at war all the time too, if you want that ok, but if you dont, choose very well your alliance affiliation)

Dont bother with land and tech, both you can get in assaulting another nations, buy at maximum 150 miles of land and 40 to 50 initial tech, the rest put all in infra, infra is the KEY for this game, more infra more citizens more citizens more money more money more power and more infra and so! Always follow this tip, wenever you can BUY INFRA(and always pay your bills too)!!!!

Buy some soldiers for protection, after a few days you will have to do a crucial option for your nation, if you want to be a peacefull nation or if you want to blow everything appart(and reading this forum i realized that some cn:S gamers see this as the objective of cn:TE, ok, but i disagree with that, you have only to be smart on both games!) if you want to be in the tops you have to balance this situation, it quite easy though, always have in turn of 20% to 40% of soldiers of your total pop, less tan 20% can get your nation in anarchy, more than 40% can hurt your economy

When you attack to get some tech and land buy more soldiers, because they will dye anyways in the batle, choose very carefully your target (somenone way weaker than you, you can attack nation 50%weaker than you! someone without alliance to not cause any problems to you if he calls his bigger brothers and someone with good tech to stole) and atack ALWAYS just before midnight (in server time) because this way you can deploy all of your tanks attack 2 times before midnight, 2 times after(this time the other nation should be anarchised already) and bring your warrior home to get your nation protected again(since you can deploy once per day, and you gain bonus of night attack too), try to always have more soldier streght(and tanks too) and do agressive attacks to do the maximum demage and have good spoils!

ALWAYS attack on defcon 1... ALWAYS collect on defcon 5 and ALWAYS buy millitary forces on defcon 1, this can sound really stupid but i can assegure that few players do that and this tatic can give you SERIOUS bonus, this is pretty easy to do since you can change your defcon once per day, collect on defcon 5, change to defcon 1 buy your millitary, do an attack if you wish(the way i told before), replace your losses change to def 5 and collect again :D, this way and with good trades your nation can grow in absurd rates!!!!

With the time you will have the chance to buy improvements, if you chosed on an war-based economy you can get some guerrila camps after you get your harbor (but keep im mind that to GC worth you will have to be always attacking someone) , if you dont, whel i like factoryes because they can help you to buy infra and tanks, but stadiums and banks arent bad choices too...

Speaking of tanks, in a certain level they are quite a good card that the majority of the players dont realize, i will give the example of my nation that have an income of 37 per head (with 28% percent of tax, you should always keep this high taxes if your people adores or love you by the way) an upkeep cost of soldiers of 1.5 and tanks of 38, since soldiers are way cheaper than tanks you can thing that soldiers are the best choice, but they arent, actually if you dont have guerrilla you should buy a lot of tanks because each soldier that you have is one working citizen that you dont have, so the REAL UPKEEP OF A SOLDIER IS the upkeep + the citizen income, in the case of my nation the real upkeep is 37 + 1.5 = 38.5 wich is higher than the 38 for tanks, if you buy a lot of tanks they will be way stronger (500 tanks will give you a force of above 12500!!!!!!) and will boost your soldiers streght too!!! So tanks are after all a real good business!!!

Whel since this is getting big i wil give my opinion about the governaments, if your people supports capitalist, dictatorial, federal, monarchy, republic or revolutionary i think you should go for that, if they dont and you want a war-based economy you should go to democracy, if they dont and you want a peace-based economy than you should choose monarchy or revolutionaty, thats it, there is a whole lot of more tips i could give but i already get too extended and i doubt that someone would read all of this, bye and any question PM me, i can help!