Tournament Prizes?

admin

No offense, but I think that would be a very bad idea... They were the top players and they would get a bonus next time they would start... I think that would lead to the same people always being on top...

I agree with that. If you're going to have a prize that credits toward TE, it needs to be something that doesn't affect gameplay.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not forget, top 100 nations = tournament winners...most people are only talking about the first 10 nations, which in everyone else's opinion, isn't cool. <_<

Personally, I'd aim for the top 100 nations to just get medals or their stuff carried over to their CN nation. Nothing big, b/c let's not forget, alliances with members in the top 100 get serious bragging rights in the future. ;)

Let's not forget, top 100 nations = tournament winners...most people are only talking about the first 10 nations, which in everyone else's opinion, isn't cool. <_<

Personally, I'd aim for the top 100 nations to just get medals or their stuff carried over to their CN nation. Nothing big, b/c let's not forget, alliances with members in the top 100 get serious bragging rights in the future. ;)

Actually, there's no reason you can't have the medal carried over to future TE rounds, since it allows you to keep your same identity.

I just want to point out that in-game flag addition is nice, but it alone is not a good prize. Since it's likely that similar groups of players will eventually win more than once so just adding another flag would be anticlimactic.

And also adding flags won't "crowd the database" either. In 90 days a round, that's only 4 more flags a year.

To add onto some recent posts, bragging rights/official recognition seem very attractive to me imho. Famfam has several medal images, so possibly some gold/silver medals and bronze medals permanently added to both CN and TE winner nations' public profile would be nice.

The original shirt merchandise for 1st place is good too.

May I ask exactly what would qualify as "Winning"? Would it be like highest NS, most nations defeated...?

I suggest having multiple awards: One for high NS at the end, one for defeating a lot of nations total, one for, say, most nukes bought and/or one for most nukes launched... as well as alliance awards for most members, most nukes, highest total NS, and of course highest score, and/or for the total of the things done by their members.

Because, really, if you have an award for highest NS at the end (and no OTHER awards) then it kinda... I'd say it kinda defeats the purpose of a tournament edition. You have all the nations joining big alliances for protection, and the big alliances don't want to war with each other because the damage to a rival won't be worth the damage done to them. You wind up with what LW apparently is, and people look back to the good old days before awards were added.

Therefore, I suggest that the most important award would be most damage done. This would create quite a strategic issue, because you want to become strong enough before war that you can do a reasonable amount of damage, but you don't want to wait to long before you start attacking or you won't have time to attain your full potential. You might also either have a major bonus for causing global radiation or a separate award for most nukes launched.

• 2 weeks later...

For alliances:

I think the existing alliance flags in TE should be deleted and replaced with alliance flags of alliances that were sanctioned for 10+ days in the previous round, and who submit a flag.

For players:

How about a custom CN forum userbar that says something to the effect of - TE Round Y, Xth Place - for so many of the top players. Maybe the top 10?

Nothing in game!

Something in SE would be unfair to the ones not playing TE and would also risk to ruin this last, by making it "too serious" (as others already pointed out). Maybe a Donation (non-stackable with a bought one), but not beyond that.

Something in TE would on the other hand be unfair to the other players in the next round (actually, an handicap to the winners would be better in terms of gameplay...)

The best is something to brag about, for fun. The T-shirt, personalized flag(s), addition in forum profiles and/or in Nation pages are all good ideas.

I'd make a permanent "Hall of Fame" accessible in-game, that keeps the records of the winners of each round (maybe 1st, 2nd, 3rd - Player and Alliance). To stick with the KISS paradigma I'd make the rank depend on NS and score (for Nations and Alliances respectively).

Edited by jerdge

i think some sort of medal and a choice between a donation deal (for normal CN) and a voucher for CN store, would be good.

This, although the in-game medals should use some of the categories in the 'Cyber Nation Awards' screen along with general NS ranking and alliance scores. Also, the donation prize shouldn't be allowed if the nation had already received a donation in that month (as said earlier).

Nothing in game!

Something in SE would be unfair to the ones not playing TE and would also risk to ruin this last, by making it "too serious" (as others already pointed out). Maybe a Donation (non-stackable with a bought one), but not beyond that.

Something in TE would on the other hand be unfair to the other players in the next round (actually, an handicap to the winners would be better in terms of gameplay...)

The best is something to brag about, for fun. The T-shirt, personalized flag(s), addition in forum profiles and/or in Nation pages are all good ideas.

I'd make a permanent "Hall of Fame" accessible in-game, that keeps the records of the winners of each round (maybe 1st, 2nd, 3rd - Player and Alliance). To stick with the KISS paradigma I'd make the rank depend on NS and score (for Nations and Alliances respectively).

Why can't just upload our own flags for CN SE or TE insted of the real flags or the custom made flags?

I don't want in game money or something, because I know people who have a TE account but not regular. And if the money is added to a nation, then that gives them a huge advantage in the next round.

Bragging rights would be great. Name highlighted in gold, asterisk next to name, custom flag, etc. And a t-shirt from the store.