Tournament Prizes?

admin

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The flag idea and anything else that rewards alliances is the only thing I can totally agree with. Rewarding only the best individuals doesn't seem very fair when it takes the teamwork and effort of an alliance to achieve a strong position.

why not offer to those who do well extra money/tech to those players in the Next round. If those players do not intend to play the next round, they may have the money given to another.

That OR

have it given to regular CN nations. But then the issue comes up if you do not have a nation in the regular game.

Why not give the winner a choice? He could either take a T Shirt for a prize.

or he could have Infra, money and tech aswell as whatever improvements etc. added to his CN standard nation.

One idea is The top ten get their prizes added to their CN nation. Something like this, of course this is just a rough draft but basicly my thoughts are the top three get way more then a $20 donation deal and the other winners get a $20 donation deal that is beefed up.

#1 Gets 1,000 infra

#2 Gets 500 infra and 1,000 tech

#3 Gets 500 infra and 500 tech

#4 Gets 300 infra, 300 land, and 50 tech

#5 Gets 300 infra, 300 land, and 50 tech

#6 Gets 300 infra, 300 land, and 50 tech

#7 Gets 200 infra, 300 land, and 50 tech

#8 Gets 200 infra, 300 land, and 50 tech

#9 Gets 200 infra, 300 land, and 50 tech

#10 Gets 200 infra, 300 land, and 50 tech

this is a really good idea and then maybe top aliiances get flag in next round

this is a really good idea and then maybe top aliiances get flag in next round

That wouldn't be bad, and would be an easy group prize to spread "awards" beyond just the individual nation winners. I could see adding the winning flag(s) to TE permanently, actually. If it was just the top one or two, it wouldn't really be that big a deal, just a couple of flags every three months.

I would like some out-of-game thing. Something minor even. Once the real round starts, I'm going to care more for TE than regular CN.

Edit: Or make it an option between an in-game gift vs. an out-of-game gift.

Yeah, I'd lean toward CN-shop gift certificates. Let them be used for donations too, if you want. That just makes it more flexible and makes more people happy.

I don't think giving the prizes to nations in CN:SE is a good idea. Gameplay should be how well you do with that one nation you have in the game and not any other.

The idea of a prize is a good one, though I'm the kind of person who would be thrilled with just a t-shirt. Also, the flag idea is great in my view.

Just make it a choice, a flag, a T-shirt, or CN bonus (only one). Some may choose a flag for their alliance in CN, if that alliance already is sanctioned they can get free infra or a T-shirt, and if they don't play CN they can get a T-shirt. (I'd go with the flag)

Just make it a choice, a flag, a T-shirt, or CN bonus (only one). Some may choose a flag for their alliance in CN, if that alliance already is sanctioned they can get free infra or a T-shirt, and if they don't play CN they can get a T-shirt. (I'd go with the flag)

But the flag would have to go away as soon as the following round ended (too many flags is cluttery) no?

I would definitly go for it if these were the prize.

edit: yep

Edited by zigbigadorlou

But the flag would have to go away as soon as the following round ended (too many flags is cluttery) no?

Not really. If only the top nation gets their flag, then that's 1 bonus flag per round (3 months?), or 4 flags a year.

Perhaps a Named flag as well, as opposed to Custom Flag ##, maybe the user's name, etc.

Not really. If only the top nation gets their flag, then that's 1 bonus flag per round (3 months?), or 4 flags a year.

Perhaps a Named flag as well, as opposed to Custom Flag ##, maybe the user's name, etc.

Probably best to just name the prize flags "TE Champ Flag ##," so they're all together on the list. Frankly, I doubt it would be that cluttery even with a couple of flags per tourney. Just leave them out of regular CN, and only include them in TE, and they basically take the place of adding flags for sanctioned alliances. Though, I think you're better off using flags as top alliance prizes, and t-shirts or shop gift certs or whatever for individuals. I really do like the idea of rewarding the top alliance with something easy like that, so that more people feel like they contributed to "winning" the tourney. That way, players who are out of the running for the top nation slots can still have a goal to work towards.

Top Nations By Nations Strength

1. Personal Flag Added + T-Shirt + 20$ donation (option for either CN or CN : TE)

2. T-Shirt + 20$ donation

3. 20$ donation

Nation With Most Infra

1. 50 Infra added at beginning of next round

Nation With Most Tech

1. 30 Tech added at beginning of next round

Nation With Most Casualties

1. Starts with Nuclear Requirements Turned Off (This is kind of sketchy, but an interesting idea)

Nation With Most Land

1. 100 Land added at beginning of next round

Alliance with the Most Nation Strength

1. Added Flag at the beginning of the Next Round for CN : TE

Alliance with the Highest Score

1. Added Flag at the beginning of the Next Round for CN : TE

why not offer to those who do well extra money/tech to those players in the Next round. If those players do not intend to play the next round, they may have the money given to another.

No offense, but I think that would be a very bad idea... They were the top players and they would get a bonus next time they would start... I think that would lead to the same people always being on top...

Agreed, the bonuses, if they be for your nations, should not apply to TE simply because it unfairly gives theoretically better players a greater advantage. If it's in-game, the bonus should be applied to your standard nation (apologies for those only playing TE, though perhaps this will be an incentive to create in CN standard).