* Official Bad Event Whinging Thread *

ButchA

I understand that the rule of thumb is to take happiness, environment or population over citizen income. Do you all agree?

You only CAUSE them for others? :ph34r:

I have to admit to finding that funny. Politicians giving speeches in response to a problem causing population unhappiness. Isn't that the truth! :lol:

-2 happiness is better than -4$.

+$4 is better than +2 happiness.

I agree with alden, on a negative event take happiness over income and on a postive event take income over happiness. Almost NEVER take an negative environment choice. You may need to work the math but event effects on environment are considered after government, resources, and border walls so you will not be able to reduce the effects of environment events. So a perfect environment under a negative environment event is: [base environment]+[environment effect from event]+GRL = Modified Environment

Option 1: Cut the amount of money going into your wars and military so that you have more to circulate around the economy. Population happiness +1, Citizen income +$2.00.

Option 2: Make cuts to all taxes, except a tariff and small sales taxes. Population happiness +1, Citizen income -$5.00, Citizen count +1%.

Any ideas what I should do? THe second option looks nastier but that extra citizen count could offset it.

I have two pretty good ones, no bad.

8/13/2008

9/12/2008 Consumer spending is going down, unemployment on the way up, and your population is starting to get impatient. Option selected. See Current Response. Option 1: Cut the amount of money going into your wars and military so that you have more to circulate around the economy. Population happiness +1, Citizen income +$2.00.

8/12/2008

9/11/2008 Consumer spending is going down, unemployment on the way up, and your population is starting to get impatient. Option selected. See Current Response. Option 1: Cut the amount of money going into your wars and military so that you have more to circulate around the economy. Population happiness +1, Citizen income +$2.00.

Im so cool! :)

Event: You are about to be curbstomped.

Option 1: Fight it out and get massacred. Your citizens are mad at you. -5 happiness.

Option 2: Run away and live in shame. Your citizens lose all respect for you. -5 happiness.

No Response: You get curbstomped, anyway. -5 happiness.

OK, not an admin-generated event, but it's a bad one, all the same. Happens quite often...