Status of Alpha Testing

Well the good news is that the reset scripts worked perfectly and automatically reset the tournament and recorded the top 100 winners of the round as intended. The bad news is that it took less than a minute and a half for all 200 slots for this round of alpha testing to fill up. I'm sorry to everyone who wanted to get in but could not. At this point alpha testing does not need more than 200 users so that is why the limit is currently in place. We are still tweaking and adjusting purchase costs and upkeep on items throughout the game but at this point everything looks good for an August 15th public tournament round start date.

Well the good news is that the reset scripts worked perfectly and automatically reset the tournament and recorded the top 100 winners of the round as intended. The bad news is that it took less than a minute and a half for all 200 slots for this round of alpha testing to fill up. I'm sorry to everyone who wanted to get in but could not. At this point alpha testing does not need more than 200 users so that is why the limit is currently in place. We are still tweaking and adjusting purchase costs and upkeep on items throughout the game but at this point everything looks good for an August 15th public tournament round start date.

It took less than that, I tried to apply at exactly 12:00:00 AM US central time, I got the following.

The Cyber Nations Tournament Edition is currently in alpha testing and is not accepting new registrations at this time. The next public tournament round is slated to begin mid-August.

There is another gentleman that applied at 12:01 AM us central time.

As predicted the first glitch has emerged. It would only be fair to invite me and the other gentleman since we applied within the minute and a half window and got shall I say, denied.

yeah. i was wondering why there are only 189 nations. shouldnt the script or whatever automatically stop at 200? Or did you have a time limit? Manually done?

In all fairness, Reset should be re-executed with invites sent to those that have tried to apply within the window. Slots should be held for them ingame. The reset script was faulty or an IP filter was used.

Accounts are made before nations are. For whatever reason, there's 11 people who registered accounts but haven't logged in and created their nations.

There's 11 people that got this when trying to register.

The Cyber Nations Tournament Edition is currently in alpha testing and is not accepting new registrations at this time. The next public tournament round is slated to begin mid-August.

In all fairness, Reset should be re-executed with invites sent to those that have tried to apply within the window. Slots should be held for them ingame. The reset script was faulty or an IP filter was used.

Dude are you joking? Reset should be re-executed because you were too late? :wacko::blink:

Dude are you joking? Reset should be re-executed because you were too late? :wacko::blink:

Have you read ANY of my posts?!

I hit Register at 12:00:00 AM US central time. (That's 12:00 and 0 seconds) I hit register exactly at CN update. I am not the only one. another gentleman tried to apply 1 minute in, he got screwed over. the window was a minute and a half. Either the script was faulty on some servers or an IP filter was used. Or by some freak accident 200 people applied in less than a second.

Have you read ANY of my posts?!

I hit Register at 12:00:00 AM US central time. (That's 12:00 and 0 seconds) I hit register exactly at CN update. I am not the only one. another gentleman tried to apply 1 minute in, he got screwed over. the window was a minute and a half. Either the script was faulty on some servers or an IP filter was used. Or by some freak accident 200 people applied in less than a second.

Then you didn't refresh it at the right time; or your clock was broken.

My clock is set via software with the US atomic clock. My clock is more accurate than most of yours. I hit register at exactly 12:00:00 AM US central time. It's Alpha and I found a bug. The hard way lol.

That doesn't make your clock synced with the server clock...

My clock is set via software with the US atomic clock. My clock is more accurate than most of yours. I hit register at exactly 12:00:00 AM US central time. It's Alpha and I found a bug. The hard way lol.

Immediately following update (as in 2 seconds after the rollover), I had refreshed and got the same error. For whatever reason, refreshing (as in ctrl+f5) didn't clear that - manually clicking the register link, however, enabled me to register. The window was open for a very short time, but that's because a lot of people wanted to get in, and it automatically shut off at 200.

A lot more than 11 people got the error message of it being closed out. The discrepancy between the 189 and 200 is because, after registering, you're emailed a temporary password, have to set your own password, then login and actually MAKE the nation - it's likely been a long time since you had registered in regular CN, so everything seems like one step in retrospect. What's happened is that there's 11 people who have gotten emailed that temporary password, and have either not logged in, or logged in but didn't actually hit "Create a Nation" and bothered to make a nation. That's why there's less nations than 200, but there's actually 200 accounts.

Edited by Janquel

Immediately following update (as in 2 seconds after the rollover), I had refreshed and got the same error. For whatever reason, refreshing (as in ctrl+f5) didn't clear that - manually clicking the register link, however, enabled me to register. The window was open for a very short time, but that's because a lot of people wanted to get in, and it automatically shut off at 200.

A lot more than 11 people got the error message of it being closed out. The discrepancy between the 189 and 200 is because, after registering, you're emailed a temporary password, have to set your own password, then login and actually MAKE the nation - it's likely been a long time since you had registered in regular CN, so everything seems like one step in retrospect. What's happened is that there's 11 people who have gotten emailed that temporary password, and have either not logged in, or logged in but didn't actually hit "Create a Nation" and bothered to make a nation. That's where the discrepancy in numbers comes from.

Did you here me?! I MANUALLY CLICKED THE REGISTER LINK AT EXACTLY 12:00:00 AM US CENTRAL TIME (Update). That is what I got. I did NOT refresh. I manually clicked register.

Did you here me?! I MANUALLY CLICKED THE REGISTER LINK AT EXACTLY 12:00:00 AM US CENTRAL TIME (Update). That is what I got. I did NOT refresh. I manually clicked register.

You should have just clicked register a couple of times AFTER 12.00.00! I could NOT get in at 12.00.00 but i COULD at 12.01.00

Registration was already closed for half of 12:01.

When hundreds of people all try to do exactly the same thing with one piece of programming in the span of a single minute, they are bound to find some little hiccups that normally wouldn't matter because you'd be able to refresh a few times and not waste more than a minute or two. The hiccup in this case is that you need to wait a few seconds after update to register. When this goes live, that doesn't matter because no one will need to get in that fast. It's not really even an important bug in the scheme of things, just in this situation which will never repeat.

No one is out to get you or prevent you from playing. Dozens of people encountered errors, many of them from the first round. Stop trying to claim bias while trying to get special treatment.