Tournament Edition Bugs & Suggestions

This is in response to this post: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...st&p=785890

We'll get a seperate sub-forum setup for CN:TE as we move closer out of alpha testing but I wanted to get this thread going already. Please post any bugs and suggestions for CN:TE in this thread.

Regarding default prices for infas, land, and tech, each of those items have had a zero digit removed to speed up gameplay. Nations also start the game with $500,000 in startup funds rather than $500.00 as compared to CN standard. I'd like thoughts on these settings.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had some forethought, some people could play e-lawyer and make multiple nations since it's CN:TE and not normal CN. Maybe you could change the wording in the ToS?

edit: Another suggestion.

Why don't you allow for infra to be bought in multiples of more than ten (50 is a good number). Yes it allows inflation, but who cares- the game is new to everyone so inflation is basically non-existent realistically, you know?

Edited by thedestro

I just had some forethought, some people could play e-lawyer and make multiple nations since it's CN:TE and not normal CN. Maybe you could change the wording in the ToS?

edit: Another suggestion.

Why don't you allow for infra to be bought in multiples of more than ten (50 is a good number). Yes it allows inflation, but who cares- the game is new to everyone so inflation is basically non-existent realistically, you know?

I've updated the TOS.

Your suggestion about infras purchases was already implemented as stated here: http://tournament.cybernations.net/about_t...rnament_Edition

I'm in an alliance of two nations at the moment, and it doesn't appear in the 'All Alliances Display'.

Not sure if this is a bug report or a suggestion, but maybe you could lower the amount of nations required to appear in the page or just fix this bug?

another bug:

When I click 'Search wars' on your nation screen, it gives me

Here is the detailed error code: You must enter at least 3 characters in the search field.
Edited by thedestro

Improvement and Wonder prices should be reduced to be inline with the cheap infra. Right now I have 2k citizens, but I'm not even close to being able to afford any improvements...

With the decreased costs of infras, tech, and land and $500K startup money is is really necessary to lower the requirements for improvemetns and wonders? I did change the 30 day requirement on wonders to 10 days.

Improvement citizen requirements halved, Wonder costs lowered, Taxes collected doubled?

Also will it have it's own forum? >.>

I thought abuot forums, but it would get in the way of what CN:TE is about. No diplomacy, no peace talks, just full-on war.

But a CN:TE sub-forum here would be nice.

You should, I already have a factory and have plenty of money left over.

Well, I could have bought one with my starting 500k, but after some quick calculations I realized that it would be VASTLY cheaper to dump that 150k on infra instead...

Would it be possible to get a link to TE in the Game Related Links section for CN Standard and vice versa?

If you look at CN:TE there is a drop down link selection at the bottom right hand corner of the screen. CN standard will have this same link select box when CN:TE moves out of alpha testing.

When you click on the Aid page for alliances it will bring up a 404 page, Since Aid cant be sent in tournament, I suppose this option should be removed from the alliance?

When you click on the Aid page for alliances it will bring up a 404 page, Since Aid cant be sent in tournament, I suppose this option should be removed from the alliance?

Got it. Thanks for the report.

Two things I'd suggest based on experience so far:

Improvement prices should probably be toned down to somewhere around where hey used to be in CN. I understand that infra prices and things accelerate it, but the current Improvement prices are designed to make you save for them. The speed with which you can buy infra means that you can have a few thousand citizens before having enough to start buying Improvements without completely halting your growth.

Donations massively unbalance a game in which all players are going to pretty much remain at a low level all the time and which doesn't give any time to make up growth differences with skill.

You can already tell two people donated because they are at twice the infra level of everyone else (barring those few who had already joined previous to today). Startng out twice as big as everyone else is a bit of a balance issue.

Also, how long does it take for the Alliance information to update? I know of an over 30 and over 20 AA that exist and it says no one is over 20 yet.

Improvement price should be lowered to match the lower standard-stuff cost.

Maybe collect taxes twice a day?

Multiple daily updates makes it too much of a 'be on all the time' type game. I have played those. Fast paced is good but those burn out too fast.