*Buys 5 Carriers*

Delta1212

Can't anybody buy the AC if they have the improv. ? (I'll admit I may be wrong on this one)

Anyone can buy ACs when they purchase the improvement. If they have 5000 infra and 1000 tech, that is.

I've only got 85 planes, as my wonder clock is holding me back from 105 (t-4 days)

Edit: Ack, spelling

Edited by MagicFriend

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone can buy AC if they have the improvement. If they have 5000 infra and 1000 tech, that is.

I've only got 85 planes, as my wonder clock is holding me back from 105 (t-4 days)

I mean if they don't meet the infra/tech requirement. And don't answer if you're not sure, or at least mention that you're not sure.

I can't prove it, as my nation is already above 5k, but I highly doubt a 500 infra, 20 tech nation could buy ACs.

Looking at the information index, the example of a 2000 infra nation says that nation can build Landers and Corvettes, while it does not mention any of the ships with infra requirements higher than 2000.

The first war with naval units will result in many zany naval configuration ideas being tested out... I bet the one that works the best is the one that seems least zany: max out all ships. The guy that lost 4 out of 5 carriers in naval exercises seems to have demonstrated the harsh nature of naval warfare.

No you aernt, each carrier increases the amount you can deploy by 5.

I've tested it out with a friend and I was only able to deploy 50 fighters. Anymore and I got that message that I could only deploy from 1-50 planes.

nah, only as your infra increases.

No, Oktavia is correct. There is a modifier which reduces infrastructure upkeep which is based off of what proportion of your total NS is from tech. If you do not have sufficient tech to put you past the maximum modifier, increasing your NS via any means but purchasing tech will increase your infra upkeep.

No, Oktavia is correct. There is a modifier which reduces infrastructure upkeep which is based off of what proportion of your total NS is from tech. If you do not have sufficient tech to put you past the maximum modifier, increasing your NS via any means but purchasing tech will increase your infra upkeep.

For a large nation to not have the max infra upkeep reducing effect from tech, means someone needs to get more tech. :awesome:

For a large nation to not have the max infra upkeep reducing effect from tech, means someone needs to get more tech. :awesome:

It's more common than you might expect, actually. Not all of us have 11k tech like some top-ranked nations :P

To put in perspective, I'm #197 for tech. After getting 5 carriers and 25 planes, I'm now only 1.28% over the maximum upkeep reduction. Now, mind you, I'd need to get another 8801.343 NS to hit the barrier, with none of that coming from tech. Keeping in mind that I generally don't keep a standing military, it's quite probable that there's some other larger nations that are below the threshold (or just over it) who might be impcted in infra upkeep from purchasing navies.

That being said, BJ Walsh doesn't have to worry about it either :P