New environment effect

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe (DAC) wanted to see more skill in how we went about building our nations.

The fact I have gone out and built those two nice ratios, created a good trade circle and stuck with my native lead, have been somewhat rewarded by the fact that I haven't been effected as much. I mean sure I lost half my daily income, but I'm no where near bill lock. And thats with too muc military and 5 LC's.

Edit: Forgot Im at war too :awesome:

The game is shrinking as it is, making it impossible for a small nation to grow at all coupled with the exodus of people who just play this game for fun (both aligned and unaligned) will accelerate the aging process of this game magnanimously.

I also agree with comrade Ski.

I think he wanted to secure his spot in the top 10.

damn you are the enlightened one. what you totally ignore is the fact that

- the admin has NOT used the formula I suggested, but a much stronger one

- nations can actively fight the bad environment effects

- the formula might be adapted in the next days to balance it out better

- I am in the top10 for half a year now and there was no danger of me losing that spot anyway

The strengthening of environmental impact itself is a good one, but I agree that the update is a bit heavy from what I have heard until now. I currently cannot even test myself because I have not paid bills for 8 days so I cannot swap improvements around to test their effects.

I believe (DAC) wanted to see more skill in how we went about building our nations.

The fact I have gone out and built those two nice ratios, created a good trade circle and stuck with my native lead, have been somewhat rewarded by the fact that I haven't been effected as much. I mean sure I lost half my daily income, but I'm no where near bill lock. And thats with too muc military and 5 LC's.

Edit: Forgot Im at war too :awesome:

And its not the fact that you've gone out of your way. Its the fact that you go lucky. No one had any idea this was coming, if they did I am sure they would have bought lots and lots and lots of land like you have. I had to buy 5 BW just to get my income back where it was, and had to make a few other changes, my environment is now at 2.09. I have no clue what i can do to get rid of that last 1 environment and the GR will keep the other 1.09 their. However even with such a good environment I still lost 10k citizens. It makes no sense what do I have to do to get back to where it was? At this moment there is nothing I can do but buy land, except thats not really an option because most players are in bill lock they can't buy anything

I also think that such a BIG change in gameplay should be announced before, what about people who changed all their improvementslots to millitary? What about people who where in a backcollect?

If you want to make this game better, do something on the Resources, there is WAY to much difference between the resources.

Is everybody's environment at 2.09 by the way? That's the third or fourth person I've seen at 2.09, which is what I'm at as well...

Edit: Of course, this could be because my environment is at 1, and GRL is 1.09! So, my environment is as clean as can be but I lose $1.25m /day in taxes. Or am I going crazy?

Edited by Rhino

damn you are the enlightened one. what you totally ignore is the fact that

- the admin has NOT used the formula I suggested, but a much stronger one

- nations can actively fight the bad environment effects

- the formula might be adapted in the next days to balance it out better

- I am in the top10 for half a year now and there was no danger of me losing that spot anyway

The strengthening of environmental impact itself is a good one, but I agree that the update is a bit heavy from what I have heard until now. I currently cannot even test myself because I have not paid bills for 8 days so I cannot swap improvements around to test their effects.

Nice explaination.

My bills are jacked up as well and two of my friends are trying to decide if they want to quit. The only reason i am trying to push on is cause I donated alot of money.

I think I'm done tinkering now. ^_^

Your tinkering has put many nations into bill-lock, caused a global recession, created havoc with trades, made certain resources valueless and we'll just have to wait and see what else is screwed up.

I do not like the way you did this, DAC's suggested changes were better.

Fix something that really needs fixing... Like the War System.

Again, I'll speak with my wallet, no more donations.

Decom nukes, buy land, change trades.

Decomm nukes, that'll just cost more money that i don't have now due to changes.

If I get rid of nukes... It'll be as a nuke rogue.

Might have to point a few at you :wub:

Edited by ChileRelleno

The problem with this update is that nations in the 10's of inactivity are going to be hard pressed to avoid bill lock. This will lead to numerous deletions, a smaller community, and weakened gameplay.

The amount of truth in this statement is staggering.

This update is, without mincing my words, a failure.

And its not the fact that you've gone out of your way. Its the fact that you go lucky. No one had any idea this was coming, if they did I am sure they would have bought lots and lots and lots of land like you have. I had to buy 5 BW just to get my income back where it was, and had to make a few other changes, my environment is now at 2.09. I have no clue what i can do to get rid of that last 1 environment and the GR will keep the other 1.09 their. However even with such a good environment I still lost 10k citizens. It makes no sense what do I have to do to get back to where it was? At this moment there is nothing I can do but buy land, except thats not really an option because most players are in bill lock they can't buy anything

I didnt stumble onto this tech/infra raito or infra/land ratio. Similarly the trade circle Im in. I've only gotten lucky that they formula strength has been updated and I've combated it well I guess.

Is everybody's environment at 2.09 by the way? That's the third or fourth person I've seen at 2.09, which is what I'm at as well...

Edit: Of course, this could be because my environment is at 1, and GRL is 1.09! So, my environment is as clean as can be but I lose $1.25m /day in taxes. Or am I going crazy?

No, mine is 4.19

I don't like this one bit, this means I can build up my environment and it can be destroyed by some random idiotic nuke rouge.

I hope this turns a bit more realistic and we see less Nukes being thrown across the globe.

P.S, I'm at 2.09 also.

Edited by Crussell

I'm at 2.09

Also, new nations will not be in bill-lock. You start with 2000 dollers and your bills are like 50$ a day.

This is one of the worst changes to the game ever. I lost 2k citizens and after I adjusted my military, I make 1mil a day less than I did before. Thank you admin for fining my nation for nothing I did.

I have been considering ditching my armies as well did it help much? Personally its almost like i should delete my nation and MAYBE making a new one to further refine the enviroment into the play. But then again i only play this game out of fun and a time killer.

Total Collection Amount $2,460,832.84

Total Bill Payment $2,211,946.67

Infrastructure: 4,999.99

Technology: 650.09

Area of Influence: 1,407.203 mile diameter.

Improvement Slots Available -14

Number of Nuclear Weapons: 20

Population Happiness: 21.70 (That's a 30 happiness loss)

Environment: 7.09 (two stars, used to be three and a half)

Seems that MP at 5k infra is completely useless now. Land population density is now completely useless as having a high ratio is now completely needed, I'm also pretty sure that having Uranium is such a large hit to your environment that the normal nuke upkeep would be cheaper. There's no way I can get to 6k infra now, even if I decom nukes.

Thanks for ruining the game. Ever wonder what happened to Star Wars Galaxies? Stuff like this.

I don't like this one bit, this means I can build up my environment and it can be destroyed by some random idiotic nuke rouge.

I hope this turns a bit more realistic and we see less Nukes being thrown across the globe.

P.S, I'm at 2.09 also.

How often are you nuke rogued? They're pretty rare from my experience. If your scared about them tho, buy and SDI or sit in peace mode.

I think its a good update, maybe a warning would have been nice, but the updated was needed.

Some quick advise to anyone having trouble, switch to a government that gives an environment boost. I've adopted Capitalism for now (what I believe to be the best choice), and I went almost back up to where I was before update. To any nations who are in bill lock, and are not in an alliance that has the finances to help out, I can probably give a hand to a few nations who are in need. Message me if you are in this situation, and I will see if I can help you out of bill lock, gift of my nation :)

Edited by Herzl

Decomm nukes, that'll just cost more money that i don't have now due to changes.

If I get rid of nukes... It'll be as a nuke rogue.

Might have to point a few at you :wub:

:blush:

OH NOES MAH PIXELS!!!1!!OMFGBBQ!

I'm sure with the amount of moaning thats gone on admin may consider changing the values. But someone should make a decent case for it.