Frequently Asked Questions

Sword of Estel

17.) Who can I wage war on?

You can declare war on any nation with 50% of your nation strength (NS) up to 200% of your NS. Nations with a NS of at least 50,000 can attack anyone stronger than them. By clicking on the My Ranking link you can find a list of nations who you may declare war on. Nations set to Peace Mode cannot declare war or have war declared on them.

I just wanted to point out, that the ranges have changed, you may want to change that part of the post.

>_> just trying to help

Edited by Scarlet Ellen Red

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This list should be up-to-date now.

If anyone has any additions or notices that something needs to be edited, send me a PM.

i just have a question: i joined mostly harmless allience today but they havent sent me the 3 mill what do i do?

Edited by Mike Smith

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this has been covered already (I've not found it anywhere). How would logging into your nation from an Iphone work? Could I go to another city and still log on safely without getting deleted. And this would be using the 3G connection, not the wifi connection. I know with WiFi, you take the chance of logging onto a location where someone already has but I'm not sure if the 3G works the same or not.

I'm not sure if this has been covered already (I've not found it anywhere). How would logging into your nation from an Iphone work? Could I go to another city and still log on safely without getting deleted. And this would be using the 3G connection, not the wifi connection. I know with WiFi, you take the chance of logging onto a location where someone already has but I'm not sure if the 3G works the same or not.

People with iPhones have been worried the same before, and so far nobody has complained of any deletions about that afaik.

In the naval section in CN Information Index, what does these mean?:

Corvette: Strength: 1 (3 vs. Landing Ships)

Cruiser: Strength: 6 (10 vs. Destroyers)

Frigate: Strength: 8 (12 vs. Submarines)

Submarine: Strength: 12 (15 vs. Carriers)

Though I never used a navy, my guess would be it means that, for example, normally against other ships a submarine has a strength of 12, but when used against carriers it has a strength of 15.

• 2 weeks later...

I have looked around this forum for 2 days and have not found the answer...

I recieved the offer regarding having a cybernations link on a webpage etc, and i still have no reply after having sent off an application, who do i need to contact to sort out the delay

As you are one it seems, do you reckon you could if you have time?

Wrong kind of Game Mod. ;) Look for people with the "Game Mod Team" pip under their name, such as Allan a Dale, Manwe, or Megabyte. If you click "Who's Who" in my sig, you'll see a full list of staff, and the game mod list should be in there. And of course, you can always ask admin.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I've looked on the FAQ and everything... On the Rules and Guidelines it says that each image or quote tag counts as one line. Which means that each image or quote in your sig counts as 3 lines. Correct? If so, many people are breaking the rules, including myself... *goes to fix*

Edit: Unrelated, but what does "Rolling a hard six" mean? The Pheonix Federation seems to use this term quite a bit. :/

Edited by lordliam

Nah, an image counts as one line and a quote box counts as one line (not counting the text in it).

So as example:

Philo is evil

Would count as 2 lines, one line for the quote box, and one for the text in the box (if you add more lines in the box, these should also be counted of course)

I hope that made sense :P

Nah, an image counts as one line and a quote box counts as one line (not counting the text in it).

So as example:

Would count as 2 lines, one line for the quote box, and one for the text in the box (if you add more lines in the box, these should also be counted of course)

I hope that made sense :P

Thank you. Yes, I can have 4 quotes in my sig now. :v: and yes, Philo is evil.

29.) What happens if I don't collect taxes and pay bills?

Your taxes and your bills will stack. You will be able to collect the missed tax and pay your missed bills as well. If you do not collect taxes at 20 days your nation will be automatically deleted for inactivity without notification.

I'm not sure if it's been brought to your attention or not but the above answer needs editing, to state 25 days inactivity instead of 20.

Thanks for your time

29.) What happens if I don't collect taxes and pay bills?

Your taxes and your bills will stack. You will be able to collect the missed tax and pay your missed bills as well. If you do not collect taxes at 20 days your nation will be automatically deleted for inactivity without notification.

I'm not sure if it's been brought to your attention or not but the above answer needs editing, to state 25 days inactivity instead of 20.

Thanks for your time

Someone has updated it, thanks.

49.) Why can’t I use the search feature on the forum?

The search feature is currently disabled for members. There are no plans as yet to change this.

Since we have been able to use the search feature for a while now, I'm positive this can be updated to the following:

49.) Why do I need to wait 30 seconds in between searches?

The search feature requires a great amount of bandwidth. In order to make sure that the forums do not slow down due to the use of searches, there is a 30 second flood control.

I also feel that, due to the amount of questions regarding this topic, the following should be in the FAQ:

#.) Why are my expenses in the negative?

Your expenses are in the negative because the game does not count foreign aid as income. When you spend the foreign aid, it decreases your expenses into the negative.

• 1 month later...
18.) What happens when you lose a war?

You cannot technically lose a war. Most people consider being put into Anarchy loosing the war, though, you can still fight on after that. Your nation does not cease to exist after losing a war. Anarchy will affect your Population Happiness and economy. To quell the riots in your nation, purchase soldiers. Your economy will start to recover from the defeat after the purchase of an adequate defense.

19.) What can I gain/lose from a war?

Attackers will loot the enemy and often take Land, money and/or Technology for spoils of war. Attackers may also lose some by abandoning equipment on foreign soil. Infrastructure can also be lost.

These two items are outdated, given the prominence of nuclear wars these days. I don't know anyone who considers being put into anarchy to be losing the war, except in the lower ranks. Nuclear wars also destroy lots of tech and land as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Stumpy is right, I thought that when I was put into anarchy that I lost, but when I saw the damage that was going on at the higher ranks of Nation Strength. Nukes were killing and crippling damage. I think # 18-19 need to be updated.

Stumpy is right, I thought that when I was put into anarchy that I lost, but when I saw the damage that was going on at the higher ranks of Nation Strength. Nukes were killing and crippling damage. I think # 18-19 need to be updated.

Haha that isn't me. Aza needs to change off my costume though. :P

Haha that isn't me. Aza needs to change off my costume though. :P

FAIL. <_< I just completely bombed that one. I'm sorry Stumpy, and yes, he does need to change off the costume.