Frequently Asked Questions

Sword of Estel

Am I allow to open up a spam game in the Water Cooler?

Such as: "Ban the person above you", or "Play the grim reaper"(that game is deciding how the person above you will die), or "You know that you are on Cyber Nations when...".

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Before announcing the existance of your alliance:

1: Get a group of at least 5, preferably no less then 10 friends together.

2: Distribute positions, making sure it is entirely merit based. You don't want slackers in important positions.

3: Write up a charter. For an example of what kind of things should be in it, look at other alliance's charters. DON"T COPY.

4: Create a forum for the alliance. This will act as your home, make it nice.

5: Register an IRC channel, make sure that several of your members will be active in it.

6: Coerce a larger alliance into offering you a protecterate agreement. This is very important, and why you need to make friends in other alliances before starting your own. Without a protecter your small alliance will be devoured by raiders.

7: Announce your alliance's existance, and make public your protectorate agreement.

8: Recruit like mad! :)

Regarding number 4, where would i go to set up an alliance forum?

InvisionFree is terrible.....

I reccommend reading thorugh This thread to learn more about forums.

Thanks for the tips, I have one more question as someone who is relatively new to CN, I can't find it anywhere on the forums. What is an embassy? What are some of the benefits of having an embassy with another alliance?

Thanks for the tips, I have one more question as someone who is relatively new to CN, I can't find it anywhere on the forums. What is an embassy? What are some of the benefits of having an embassy with another alliance?

An embassy is a forum on a board of another alliance belong to another alliance. The Diplomats usually have their own mask with special permissions. The Diplomats talk with the other alliance there.

A forum is like the Question Center for example. And in this case, everybody's mask ("Members") has the permissions to view and post in it.

Example: My alliance has a forum titled "USN Embassy" in the forums of the alliance CSN.

An embassy is a forum on a board of another alliance belong to another alliance. The Diplomats usually have their own mask with special permissions. The Diplomats talk with the other alliance there.

A forum is like the Question Center for example. And in this case, everybody's mask ("Members") has the permissions to view and post in it.

Example: My alliance has a forum titled "USN Embassy" in the forums of the alliance CSN.

Many thanks! You guys have been quite helpful, now I can pursue foreign relations with other alliances.....and actually know what I'm talking about

What those the "actions today" is meant for? I have already hit 845 and it showed up. What will happen if I hit 1,000?

The actions are there for users to not overload the server with refreshes and things of the like. Say you click my nation (theres 1 action), click on the purchase screen (another action).

1000 actions already is a large number, so it shouldn't restrict anybody from their gaming.

The actions are there for users to not overload the server with refreshes and things of the like. Say you click my nation (theres 1 action), click on the purchase screen (another action).

1000 actions already is a large number, so it shouldn't restrict anybody from their gaming.

But what will happen if I hit 1000 actions? I am at already 845, and still recruiting CN players for my alliance through mass spam messaging.

Edited by HHAYD

• 2 weeks later...

Is it better to be nation sat or just let my nation sit idle for 15 days? :huh:

Can I get both CN and CN:TE nation sat by the same person?

Also, I have had some problems with my ISP this month and have been logging into my nation from work. If someone else from there also logs in to a different nation will we get a warning first or will we be deleted?

I have only been playing for 30 days and it has taken me that long to read through all of these forums!! I am sure I have missed the answers to these questions somewhere! :rolleyes:

Is it better to be nation sat or just let my nation sit idle for 15 days? :huh:

Can I get both CN and CN:TE nation sat by the same person?

Also, I have had some problems with my ISP this month and have been logging into my nation from work. If someone else from there also logs in to a different nation will we get a warning first or will we be deleted?

I have only been playing for 30 days and it has taken me that long to read through all of these forums!! I am sure I have missed the answers to these questions somewhere! :rolleyes:

1. It's probably better to sit idle if you can, because if you get a sitter, you can never interact with them again.

2. Sitting is not permitted in CN:TE, so it doesn't matter anyway.

3. If you interact, you will definitely be deleted. If you stop using your work IP, (and don't interact), you should be ok.

Did that help?

I am still new so i want to ask....... how do u get more money?????????

You get your money from your taxes that your citizens pay. To get more money, you both increase your citizen count and how much they pay.

You get more citizens buy buying infrastructure mainly, and you can get boosts in income and citizen count in trades, improvements, etc.

Suggested Question:

How do I clear my cache?

Clearing Cache on Firefox 1.5

Click Tools and select Clear Private Data

Check off Cache, and uncheck everything else

Press Clear Private Data Now

Cache is cleared.

Clearing Cache on IE 6.0

Click Tools and select Internet Options

Click General Tab

Click Delete Files in the Temporary Internet Files section

Check Delete All Offline Content

Click OK

Exit and relaunch the browser.

Clearing Cache on [b]Firefox 1.5[/b]
Click Tools and select [u]Clear Private Data[/u]
Check off Cache, and uncheck everything else
Press [u]Clear Private Data Now[/u]
Cache is cleared.

Clearing Cache on [b]IE 6.0[/b]
Click Tools and select Internet Options
Click General Tab
Click Delete Files in the Temporary Internet Files section
Check Delete All Offline Content
Click OK
Exit and relaunch the browser.

Part of this I borrowed from another forum

Edited by thedestro

To add on:

Clearing cache on Opera:

Tools>Delete Private Data>Detailed Options>Check Delete Enitre Cache

Google Chrome:

Wrench Symbol>Clear browsing data>Check off empty the cache

Safari:

Edit>Empty Cache

These aren't very specific as I am not the best computer whiz, but they should help.

Edited by Chocolate Cookies