NEW NATION strength calculations

sayton

the point in CN is that you can build a "massive army" with 3 clicks. So if you compare a 3k Infra nation with no soldiers vs a 1.5k infra nation with max soldiers and tanks, the 3k infra nation wipes the floow with the 1.5k infra nation ANY TIME, no matter if it acutally has soldiers or not. It can just buy all the soldiers needed for that within 1 minute.

Well the 1.5k infra nation would get slaughtered by the 3k infra nation if the war would last long enough then. Besides if your at 3k infra i'm sure you would be in a alliance which could supply cash for the 3k nation to build up his/hers army with and knock the 1.5k infra nation down to under 1k in infra, And if people buying military just to get into the 5% I don't see the problem in it, How many actually use their nukes? Besides rogues which quickly get taken out. This update will only screw over those who were close to getting into the 5% and maybe even force some people to buy the Manhattan project which costs 100kk.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a horrible update, every time I seem to get stronger I get kicked back down again. Thats a 15% drop in NS for me. This makes the military almost pointless now, it'll be a waste of money to invest in further armament research. Does this affect the battle calculations now?

Not happy :angry:

This is a horrible update, every time I seem to get stronger I get kicked back down again. Thats a 15% drop in NS for me. This makes the military almost pointless now, it'll be a waste of money to invest in further armament research. Does this affect the battle calculations now?

Doesn't change battle calculations. You still need soldiers and tanks to fight ground battles and cause anarchy, they're just not going to give you super-NS boosts anymore.

A minor note, but tanks have been re-increased to .15 deployed/.2 undeployed, where as they were .015/.02 beforehand. Stats may change (again).

Edited by Sadinoelus

Military in times other than war is a burden to national growth and under the old calculation was providing an excessive boost

It takes me 1min to max out tanks and soldiers which really are very cheep and in this game throwaway items

Infra, Tech and Land however take much longer to build up

and as been said, a nation with lots of Infra, Tech and Land, but minimum military will given decent war chests batter to a pulp a nation which under the old system had much less of the above, but had maxed out military to gain an equivalent NS

NS is only a relative number and measure of strength, not the end of playing the game.

Sometimes I think Admin should just cut all NS values by a factor of 10 just for the lols of making people mad about it even though it would have no impact on the game.

Well the 1.5k infra nation would get slaughtered by the 3k infra nation if the war would last long enough then. Besides if your at 3k infra i'm sure you would be in a alliance which could supply cash for the 3k nation to build up his/hers army with and knock the 1.5k infra nation down to under 1k in infra, And if people buying military just to get into the 5% I don't see the problem in it, How many actually use their nukes? Besides rogues which quickly get taken out. This update will only screw over those who were close to getting into the 5% and maybe even force some people to buy the Manhattan project which costs 100kk.

This update will allow those who deserve to be in top 5% to be there. I for example never held full military, as I believed that it is pathetic stat boosting. I was at 2% before this update, now I am at 1.3%. Personally, I think my nation deserves to have that place, which I could have acheived by mobilizing. That being said, they still have bonus NS from their military, but that bonus is much smaller. NS range you can move in is much smaller now, which is definitely good thing. Before you could boost from 40k to 55k or more.

NS is only a relative number and measure of strength, not the end of playing the game.

Sometimes I think Admin should just cut all NS values by a factor of 10 just for the lols of making people mad about it even though it would have no impact on the game.

Lol I can imagine the reaction to that, but that would mean all NS would be cut in proportion to each other, having no overall effect like you said. This new equation seems to target the more militaristic nations and seems a little unfair. The only up side to it from this point of view is that the value of a CM has gone up too. This also means that nations that have used the military as a to buying infra have, well, got screwed over (srry). Infra may be the more sensible option but out of personal politics I like having a full time strong military. The value of tanks has collapsed, from .75 to .15. I almost fell out of my swivel chair when I saw that!! It all seems a little too... excessive

Lol I can imagine the reaction to that, but that would mean all NS would be cut in proportion to each other, having no overall effect like you said. This new equation seems to target the more militaristic nations and seems a little unfair. The only up side to it from this point of view is that the value of a CM has gone up too. This also means that nations that have used the military as a to buying infra have, well, got screwed over (srry). Infra may be the more sensible option but out of personal politics I like having a full time strong military. The value of tanks has collapsed, from .75 to .15. I almost fell out of my swivel chair when I saw that!! It all seems a little too... excessive

whats the problem? If you have 5k infra and full tanks you are STILL stronger then someone with 5k infra and no tanks. You are just not longer stronger then someone with 6k infra and no tanks. Because you do not deserve that boost just from the few tanks idling around.

Military expenses are minimal. I mean, you are saying that you suffered in your growth, because you held what, 300k worth of soldiers+tanks? :rolleyes:

This new equation seems to target the more militaristic nations and seems a little unfair.

Well, it does affect military nations the most, but I would say it actually makes things more fair. This is not the real world where a big army requires a big effort by the nation. A CN army requires only a negligible investment; the difference between a non-military nation and a military one is just a few clicks.

Under the old system a non-military nation that wanted to gain X amount of NS through infra purchases had to invest millions, whereas a military nation could gain the same X NS pretty much for free. To me this seemed rather unbalanced, and I think the change was much needed.

A CN army requires only a negligible investment; the difference between a non-military nation and a military one is just a few clicks.

That is true, but this shouldn't be the case. Countries spend years upgrading their military and amaments, its pointless that a nation can build up their military overnight. This needs to be rectified also