NEW NATION strength calculations

sayton

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nations with 20 nukes now get 4k NS from them.. It's going to make it considerably harder for smaller nations to get into the top 5%, especially because a large standing military doesn't have a large impact anymore. These 2 changes combined were a bit much imo, just the second was needed.

Edited by Viluin

i stayed the exact same NS pretty much.. considering i had no military.. lol..

hold on.. ill get the info

Land Purchased * 1.5 + Tanks Deployed * .015 + Tanks Defending * .020 + Cruise Missiles * 10 + ((Nuclear Purchased^2)*10) + Technology Purchased * 5 + Infrastructure Purchased * 3 + Actual Military * .02 + Aircraft Rating Totals * 5

The previous nation strength calculation before 4/15/2008 was:

Land Purchased * 1.5 + Tanks Deployed * .75 + Tanks Defending * 1 + Cruise Missiles * 1.5 + Nuclear Purchased * 50 + Technology Purchased * 5 + Infrastructure Purchased * 3 + Actual Military * .10 + Aircraft Rating Totals * 5

Nations with 20 nukes now get 4k NS from them.. It's going to make it considerably harder for smaller nations to get into the top 5%, especially because a large standing military doesn't have a large impact anymore. These 2 changes combined were a bit much imo, just the second was needed.

the first part i guess didnt really effect me just because ive had my nukes for the pased 1.5 years.. lol.. i just never noticed the strengths from nukes to begin with.. :(

as for the military.. that was PERFECT move.. i loved it.. lol :-D

now. .form 10,000 Tanks instead of 10,000NS you get.. 200 NS which is perfect :-D

I can't quite agree with everyone saying this is something good. Once I get rid of my military I will be back in the range I was in when I was about 10-20 days old. Rather an big annoyance if I can say so.

The new calculation allows nations to grow into the top 5% instead of having to militarize into it. Also, don't forget the Manhattan Project wonder.

I think with the change in tank calculations for NS.. more nations will be decommissioning because almost always nations kept them for the NS boost and it was worth the upkeep.. and now.. the upkeep is definitely not worth the 200 NS from them, thats why its pointless to keep. It will keep the cyber world more into true NS rather then military :-D

and yes.. i grew up 200NS myself, and shot up about 9 spots :-D i only had 40,000 soldiers and no tanks as opposed to like peoples 140,000 soldiers and 14000 Tanks.. ;-D MUAHAHA

I think with the change in tank calculations for NS.. more nations will be decommissioning because almost always nations kept them for the NS boost and it was worth the upkeep.. and now.. the upkeep is definitely not worth the 200 NS from them, thats why its pointless to keep. It will keep the cyber world more into true NS rather then military :-D

and yes.. i grew up 200NS myself, and shot up about 9 spots :-D i only had 40,000 soldiers and no tanks as opposed to like peoples 140,000 soldiers and 14000 Tanks.. ;-D MUAHAHA

I think i went up a whole percent. :jihad:

I think this is a MUCH better indicator of the true strength of a nation. For example - my nation was at about the top 3.5% for infrastructure (7500) and top 4.5% for technology (1500) with 20 nukes but under the old system I was at about 6% because I was demilitarized, whereas I would be at around 2% when militarized. now i'm at a more reasonable demonstration of my true strength, rather than being muscled down because someone decided to build a ton of tanks. That also means that only the 5% of truly large nations can get nukes, where as before if you were in the top 10% you could militarize up vastly expanding the ranks of nuclear nations, further diluting the importance of nukes...

I approve

I like the decreased emphasis on military, but the tank decrease was a bit extreme.

Tanks Deployed * .015 + Tanks Defending * .020 ... Actual Military * .02

I think that's a little ridiculous given the relative power of tanks. At any rate I think it's better. Simply buying your military doesn't make you a stronger nation, and this reflects that :).

very nice change. 4k NS for 20nukes is not too much of a boost, if you consider that non-nuclear nations earn around 1M more clear profit per day when using the same setup as a nuclear armed nation, so they can outgrow that difference by just investing more cash into their nation over time.

finally the NS inflation via soldiers/tanks is gone.

Nuclear Weapons now seem impossible to reach for nations my size. It seems everytime i get stronger, i dont get the bomb becuase my NS keeps going down becuase of changes.

Same here, and it's just my personal opinion but I have to say, I think this is the worst update ever. You might as well scrap the war memorial since you have effectively made soldiers worthless.

I love the change in militry and the demonstration of true nation strength strictly because yes the 5% nations are now ACTUALLY top 5% nations.. as well as this fact.. tankks i believe should ONLY be used in war.. and during war, i dont see how NS affect you except the natio nrankingly you can declare on and i think that should be decreased too.. finally it willl be fair fights between nations.. someone cant just decom tanks.. attk sumone MUCH smaller than him and the nrebuy tanks and be 3X the NS of the attackee..

Same here, and it's just my personal opinion but I have to say, I think this is the worst update ever. You might as well scrap the war memorial since you have effectively made soldiers worthless.

Why? Whereas before they were a meaningless statistic, now they are a meaningless statistic?

To people whining that this is unfair: Grow. It's not hard. Trust me, I've done it, and am still doing it. You mustn't forget that changes like this and the tech change back in the day effect EVERYONE. EVERYONE dropped in NS. EVERYONEs soldiers count for less. It doesn't really make anything harder to attain.

I actually dont see how it would affect the war memorial.. soldiers are still soldiers.. lol. the strength they gave NEVER affected how much dmg they do or how they die.. lol..

and as you can see... 90% of the people approve of the update.. lol.. the only who dissaprove would probably be the ones with MAX military.. :-D lol

EVERYONE dropped in NS.

I don't want to sound too snobby or biatchy.. but... not everyone dropped.. lol I know it affected everyone in the SAME WAY..but i actually did grow in NS but 200 NS.. probably because i didnt have ANY military at all :-D lol