college networks

Razumihin

I am aware that no two nations can have the same IP address. I am going off to college this Fall and wondered if anyone can tell me about ensuring that I don't run afoul of this rule. Is there a way to check which IPs are taken? Does anyone at college have any suggestions about how to find out where is an ok place/not ok place to log in? In large private networks like that, what usually gets its own IP anyway?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I have never used CN forums before.

Were I go to school the hole place is the one IP. If its not a big collage maby noone their plays CN so you should find that out. I would ask your school about how their IP is set up and such

I've heard of this problem before and unfortunately the result was that nothing could be done about it, because if that ip address was allowed multiple users it would be very easy for any of the people there to run more than one nation

I've heard of this problem before and unfortunately the result was that nothing could be done about it, because if that ip address was allowed multiple users it would be very easy for any of the people there to run more than one nation

/me sobs uncontrollably

• 2 months later...

I believe if you were to approach a game mod about it beforehand things could be settled. I had concerns to that effect and brought them to a mod, and have experienced no trouble since then.