Flag Creation

Cirrus

It's simple yet distinctive. Thus a good flag.

The width of the white bars and circles could be increased, to make it even more distinguishable when looked from far away, i.e. in small size.

Otherwise the line widths will reach pixel dimension very soon when the flag is shrinked to small icon size.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alpha Omega Flag:

Simple, yet distinctive. I like it.  It violates the rule of not having characters on a flag, but i think it's borderline case that is acceptable. But again, think of if you still can recognize the middle when the flag is shrinked to icon size.

Swinland Flag:

Simple, yet distinctive. Obvious link to scandinavian culture. The yellow is a bit too "fluorescent" imho, a darker tone would have been preferable.

Yellow doesn't contrast well with white and for that reason is forbidden to be side-by-side in heraldry.  The problem's attenuated by the fact that you have some darkgrey countour lines in-between, but i would make those even darker in increase their width. (what happens to the lines when shrinked? ;) )

• 5 months later...

Hey guys, I need some community help. I'm able to upload a flag as one of the TE prizes from last round. So far, none of my suggestions have been allowed. 

I would really like to build off of the last one to make it into the game. 

Here is the submission that was denied:

lzjAZZH.png

Admin's response to why it was denied:

"You'll need to submit a flag that is in keeping with the current flag standards of the game (something that actually resembles a flag) and that is not copyrighted. If you cannot produce such a flag then you will forfeit your flag submission."

Again, I'd like to keep its current theme. Maybe instead of the current wording, we can just put P.O.W. or something similar.  Can you guys help me out to make it more like a flag so it meets the current flag standards of the game.  

Thanks. 

Hey guys, I need some community help. I'm able to upload a flag as one of the TE prizes from last round. So far, none of my suggestions have been allowed. 

I would really like to build off of the last one to make it into the game. 

Here is the submission that was denied:

lzjAZZH.png

Admin's response to why it was denied:

"You'll need to submit a flag that is in keeping with the current flag standards of the game (something that actually resembles a flag) and that is not copyrighted. If you cannot produce such a flag then you will forfeit your flag submission."

Again, I'd like to keep its current theme. Maybe instead of the current wording, we can just put P.O.W. or something similar.  Can you guys help me out to make it more like a flag so it meets the current flag standards of the game.  

Thanks.

You could always try the actual POW/MIA flag.  Wiki lists it as being in the public domain.

pow_flag.jpg

Edited by Gopherbashi

You could always try the actual POW/MIA flag:

pow_flag.jpg

That's not a bad idea, but doesn't seem to fit the goal.  I also wouldn't be surprised if admin had problems uploading an already known image like that. (Haven't asked him of course)

I think we could build off of that, though. Thanks. 

Ok, need a little help from someone with some PS skills.

pow_flag.jpg

We'd like to take this image, remove the top and replace with just "POW" arcing around the picture.  On the bottom, arc "Pixels Over War" around the picture. 

If you can think of a better picture, feel free to add, but submit an original with the changes also. 

All help is appreciated. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

AO-warflag.png

This is the official War Flag of the Alpha Omega Alliance. Despite the graphical die-cut that may cause the flag to frill in a way that the Nepalese flag might do IRL, this is a cyberflag. I believe it was necessary for me to make our flag stand out more than other typical war flags. So even if one looks at this from a distance, it's overall design is recognizable still.  I've yet to design my own flag for my own nation, but I intend to make a vertical standard format just to be different, as is the premises for making one's own flag design.

Edited by Coraxus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, though the colors schemes were easy to implement given it's the signature colors of the Alpha Omega Alliance. As for the curves, I could've improved on the blade itself, but as for the handle, I don't know how to design it in such a way that it would not obscure the recognizable design of a Gladius, a sword used in the old days of Ancient Rome.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...