58 minutes ago, Auctor said:

If only we were all free spirits, floating on the ether of faux moral outrage and an entitled sense of helplessness.

Would definitely be a more entertaining place if people put forth half the efforts I do in actually playing a role.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Hime Themis said:

devialance lecturing me on how to fight as he ran to peace mode as you fight an alliance in Peace Mode and avowed not to fight. After of course pissing on others for using Peace Mode. It would seem some people do not understand the word Hypocrisy.

In Dev's defense,  he actually does have SLAP's permission to be in peace mode because RL > than Planet Bob.  If he didn't,  not understanding the word hypocrisy would be the least of his concerns. 

For whatever it is worth,  I did point out to him that RL should also be  > than posting on the OWF and best as I can tell, he agrees with that particular observation at this point.

Edited by White Chocolate

This can end only one way. The destruction of SLAP. I am cheering for the Green side!

SLAP an alliance that believes in perma war. Go down for the count Banned. When you are my size, I will be seeing you a bit more often.

Have fun ladies of SLAP. 

EMB

PAX

While I have never condoned pointless wars, I have much respect for the candidness of the announcement.  I find it refreshing, especially after seeing the stupid !@#$ from jerks in Umbrella, who would be respectable if they simply said they wanted war..  I have friends and acquaintances in both camps for this little war, so I really hope you all enjoy yourselves.

o/SLAP

o/Kush

o/GPA, sort of, D34th, at least.

Edited by smurthwaite
I didn't like a term I used.

32 minutes ago, smurthwaite said:

While I have never condoned pointless wars, I have much respect for the candidness of the announcement.  I find it refreshing, especially after seeing the stupid !@#$ from jerks in Umbrella, who would be respectable if they simply said they wanted war..  I have friends and acquaintances in both camps for this little war, so I really hope you all enjoy yourselves.

o/SLAP

o/Kush

o/GPA, sort of, D34th, at least.

Lol, kids these days.

On 11/12/2017 at 6:57 PM, Hime Themis said:

Gentle Persons

They do it because no matter what you do at the end of the game they will still be there and many of you will have turned on each other. They survive that was always the plan. Alternative victory conditions. We could have followed their lead and our alliance and my nation would have been near the top but we could not have helped our ally if called upon. Different stokes for different folks.

Respectfully

Dame HIme Themis

Not this time Hime.

I have a different prediction. At the end of the game the aggressive world will be unified.. patiently waiting for the day the Neutrals get weary of peace mode and actually do fight. Then Ragnarok can commence.. when the spineless, grow spines.

25 minutes ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

I have a different prediction. At the end of the game the aggressive world will be unified.. patiently waiting for the day the Neutrals get weary of peace mode and actually do fight. Then Ragnarok can commence.. when the spineless, grow spines.

This is pretty much spot on.

24 minutes ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Not this time Hime.

Good Maelstrom Vortex

I have a different prediction. You will turn on each other as there will be no one left to fight for GPA could care less what you think or do. They are content to live as they see fit, you will eventually turn on each other as you always have, meanwhile they live happy in the notion that for all your baiting and gnashing of your teeth there is nothing you can do to them and the way they wish to play.

Happy thoughts.

Respectfully

Dame HIme Themis

1 minute ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

We can keep them in peace mode indefinitely.

Good Maelstrom Vortex

You really do not get it. They do not care and you blew it you attacked the wrong neutral first so you allowed them to slip into peace mode.For all you tactical genius you blew it and you will never understand them.

For them survival and sticking to their neutrality are all important your bluster and, e-penis waving has ZERO impact on them.:D

When this world ends there will be which ever of you is last rolled by your great "friends" and the GPA.

Respectfully

Dame HIme Themis

49 minutes ago, Hime Themis said:

Good Maelstrom Vortex

You really do not get it. They do not care and you blew it you attacked the wrong neutral first so you allowed them to slip into peace mode.For all you tactical genius you blew it and you will never understand them.

For them survival and sticking to their neutrality are all important your bluster and, e-penis waving has ZERO impact on them.:D

When this world ends there will be which ever of you is last rolled by your great "friends" and the GPA.

Respectfully

Dame HIme Themis

You're talking actual events, I'm speaking hypothetical. I'm not even certain this war is the end war, but it might be. I am currently aware of no plans to target anyone but the one we declared on, Old Guard.

As for my tactical genius.. I'm not coordinating our current war effort, but I am flattered you seemingly believe that in some way I am. The strategy is not mine. I am just a soldier. I do appreciate the compliment though on my combat prowess as that is my specialty.

I'm not blustering, waving e-penis. I'm making observations. This is the honest truth, the bloc that will remain arrayed at the end of this world (if we are indeed on the approach to that and this is the start) is likely to be far more loyal and solid than has been seen on Bob for a very long time. You think that boredom will fracture it, but I know these people and I seriously doubt it will. If the neutrals are content to stay in peace mode ad-eternum, that's up to them, but it's very possible they will have to.

I think your end-scenario last projected is strongly rooted in a confirmation-bias for a dream you hope will manifest, a hope, that ultimately will be vain.

Vigilantly,

Maelstrom Vortex

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex
Spelling and context.

32 minutes ago, Hime Themis said:

Good Maelstrom Vortex

Respectfully

Dame HIme Themis

Were you elected the leader of GPA?

I admit it has been some time but the last time I interacted with them regarding a military matter their leadership made it clear that that GPA stood for Green Protection Agency and not Green Pacifist Agency.

If that has changed for real let me know cause then I'll tell Dev not to bother with peace mode.

2 minutes ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

You're talking actual events, I'm speaking hypothetical. I'm not even certain this war is the end war, but it might be. I am currently aware of no plans to target anyone but the one we declared on, Old Guard.

As for my tactical genius.. I'm not coordinating our current war effort, but I am flattered you seemingly believe that in some way I am. The strategy is not mine. I am just a soldier. I do appreciate the compliment though on my combat prowess as that is my specialty.

I'm not blustering, waving e-penis. I'm making observations. This is the honest truth, the bloc that will remain arrayed at the end of this world (if we are indeed on the approach to that and this is the start) is likely to be far more loyal and solid than has been seen on Bob for a very long time. You think that boredom will fracture it, but I know these people and I seriously doubt it will. If the neutrals are content to play the game in peace mode ad-eternum, that's up to them, but it's very possible they will have to.

I think your end-scenario last projected is strongly rooted in a confirmation-bias for a dream you hope will manifest, a hope, that ultimately will be vain.

Vigiliantly,

Maelstrom Vortex

Good Maelstorm Vortex

I am well aware who planned this the statement stands. You ARE a loyal soldier and for that you are to be commended.   As to loyalty I remember the unbreakable permanent Pact between the Orders so I wish you well on your belief. As to my confirmation bias , I started in GPA and it was that absolute dedication to that belief that I simply was not designed to hold. :wub:

Respectfully

Dame Hime Themis

2 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

Were you elected the leader of GPA?

I admit it has been some time but the last time I interacted with them regarding a military matter their leadership made it clear that that GPA stood for Green Protection Agency and not Green Pacifist Agency.

If that has changed for real let me know cause then I'll tell Dev not to bother with peace mode.

Good White Chocolate

I will let you discover that on your own.:P Maybe the winds of time have changed that but I notice that 99 of 121 are in peace mode, you better be ready for the counter attack it will be a doozy.:D

Respectfully

Dame HIme Themis

49 minutes ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

We can keep them in peace mode indefinitely.

I think their best bet would be bringing out only their mid to low tier nations who have SDI & max them on as many military improvements as possible. Focus on taking out the weakest link of those attacking, until they pressure the rest of their side to do a group peace or break.

So I think they need to fight eventually; although they can turn it into a long and painful grind for many who are fighting them if they use strategy. So its not just a choice of peace mode or not peace mode; there is also the choice of which tiers they want to fight in to put the pressure on their attackers and who they can put the most pressure on the other side by targeting.

If they focus the fight on an alliance without a huge upper tier, they could even keep their top 60 nations in peace mode while still covering the alliance with attacks. The other side might need to sacrifice some of the smaller alliances hitting GPA to keep the war going indefinitely if they're smart about their targeting and focus on the weaker alliances who attack first.

So I do think they need to fight, but they don't have to fight in every tier or win against every alliance hitting them. Just need to endure and keep doing damage.

@Noctis Lucis Caelum
The assumption here is that there would be greater internal unity among the neutrals. I'm not so sure that will be the case here. The bloc that has formed on the side I am party to is the strongest, most unified, most coordinated I have seen to date. We don't crave pixels and we recognize the value of sacrifice. We can execute a mirror strategy to the Neutrals quite effectively. What then? Stalemate?

I doubt it because the aggressors are stronger now than the Neutrals on many vectors. In such a proxy war, I think the neutrals would eventually slip and fall. Survival of the neutrals would mean the world may continue, it is not Ragnarok. It is not the world-shattering final battle. The world only breaks when there is no longer a way for any but the strongest to survive and all other seek release from the obligation of the struggle. Until this happens, Bob will keep turning because people will continue to have reason to hope that they can resist the powers that are.

We fell to hubris in Armageddon, we learned humility and endurance. We can now sunder the world with the sheer might of self-sacrifice. Give all, for all.. if we so desired.

1 minute ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

@Noctis Lucis Caelum
The assumption here is that there would be greater internal unity among the neutrals. I'm not so sure that will be the case here. The bloc that has formed on the side I am party to is the strongest, most unified, most coordinated I have seen to date. We don't crave pixels and we recognize the value of sacrifice. We can execute a mirror strategy to the Neutrals quite effectively. What then? Stalemate?

I doubt it because the aggressors are stronger now than the Neutrals on many vectors. In such a proxy war, I think the neutrals would eventually slip and fall. Survival of the neutrals would mean the world may continue, it is not Ragnarok. It is not the world-shattering final battle. The world only breaks when there is no longer a way for any but the strongest to survive and all other seek release from the obligation of the struggle. Until this happens, Bob will keep turning because people will continue to have reason to hope.

If targeted, I don't think Kashmir would last long for example. Would catch them completely off guard if suddenly this war becomes damaging for them. While Oculus is a powerhouse who won't give up, I think some outside Oculus who are on your side wouldn't be willing to sacrifice all their pixels.

Also I don't think wiping the neutrals will bring about the worlds end; would just force everyone to join non-neutral alliances. When neutrality is no longer an option, then they're forced to fight for survival and join non-neutral alliances. Even if the non-neutrals team up long enough to wipe the neutrals, they're still not neutral towards each other & those thinking ahead would try minimizing their losses in the Neutral Purge for the war between non-neutrals to come. For some knowing any damage done to others on the non-neutral side will benefit them later or the more stats they preserve for after will put them ahead of their real competition would be reason enough to avoid any heavy damage if possible.

Those who go all out would be taking the damage potentially instead of other non-neutrals who won't be on the same side in any final battle to come.

32 minutes ago, Greater Hungary said:

Very unfortunate. I almost joined GPA after I left The Prussian Empire. I don't see why attacking a peaceful, neutral alliance is fair or just. Best of luck to GPA!

Self-preservation in a world where drama, the natural cycles of rebirth and destruction are the norm, is the chief of all sins. It is a manifestation of supreme hubris that believes that all development should be ideal and one's personal work infinitely imperishable. Reserved for the vainest of egos without a will to fight.

They call it a lifestyle, I call it cowardice and completely at odds with my desire to compete.

44 minutes ago, Noctis Lucis Caelum said:

If targeted, I don't think Kashmir would last long for example. Would catch them completely off guard if suddenly this war becomes damaging for them. While Oculus is a powerhouse who won't give up, I think some outside Oculus who are on your side wouldn't be willing to sacrifice all their pixels.

Also I don't think wiping the neutrals will bring about the worlds end; would just force everyone to join non-neutral alliances. When neutrality is no longer an option, then they're forced to fight for survival and join non-neutral alliances. Even if the non-neutrals team up long enough to wipe the neutrals, they're still not neutral towards each other & those thinking ahead would try minimizing their losses in the Neutral Purge for the war between non-neutrals to come. For some knowing any damage done to others on the non-neutral side will benefit them later or the more stats they preserve for after will put them ahead of their real competition would be reason enough to avoid any heavy damage if possible.

Those who go all out would be taking the damage potentially instead of other non-neutrals who won't be on the same side in any final battle to come.

You're assuming people would care about what happens after.