Oh Damn... IRON Inbound

And now another announcement from your friendly Independent Republic of Orange Nations

Dear religious deity that the reader may or may not believe in,

As we gather here today, please allow us to take the time to recognize our blessings. We are blessed to have seen the return of IRON, the resurrection of LordSunday, the godly success of IRON (3-0 boyos), the overwhelming ferocity of IRON, and our general membership for their sheer awesomeness.

Amen.

Now, even with all these blessings we realize that Steve is nowhere near a perfect place. This has been shown to us tonight as we observed the United Nations show their true colors, shying away from the challenge they knew was brought before them in the IRON Steam Roller. But we, the glorious Republic say nay to this injustice, and require that the UN pay the piper that has been coming. Being cowards and running away from this fight has not benefited you. Shying away from what you knew would've been a lost cause will see you no mercy. We, the Independent Republic of Orange Nations have stood ready, and at the moment of clash you have turned your tails and fled. Now we pursue.

IRON hereby declares an unprecedented slaughter of MK007 and the United Nations

Please note: We are aware of UN's "declaration" on WotN, NLON, and RE, but we planned this before, and, since we understand this as a pathetic joke, we're going to carry forward with hitting UN.

Signed,

IRON:TE Council

LordSunday - Do I Really Deserve This Space?

MegaZeux - Basically Everything

Sister Midnight - MK Killer

Signed for the United Nations in recognition of them being complete cowards,

MK007 - Savior of the UN (Totally not forged)

Bajor - President of the UN (Totally not forged)

Random Flag Runners - Corrupters of the UN (Totally not forged)

Yablecki - Some Important Position (Totally not forged)

Fury - Some Other Important Position (Totally not forged)

All of the UN - Who knows (Totally not forged)

1xuwbj.jpg

"Our holy Savior who areth in UN. Hollowed be thy name. Our soldiers come. Thy nations be done. As it is in UN, so shall it be upon Planet Steve."
- MK's prayer

We'd like to leave out "dirty" ops for this war. No need to spoil things before the end-of-round wars. Since there are always questions, here is the list of ops that we would prefer to avoid this war. Please let us know if you agree:

* Incite Government Propaganda

* Incite Religious Propaganda

* Assassinate Enemy Generals

* Sabotage IRS Proficiency

* Destroy Money (this op is so worthless, I don't even know why I bother listing it)

* Naval Blockades

Yes, declaring solely on IRON would have been a lost cause.

Most of your nations have between 50 and 100 million dollars; most of our nations have between 250 and 400 million dollars. If we went all out on IRON, you'd be facing 10-12 nations with 2.5k tech WRCs, in which case, you never would have recovered.

So, after a lot of deliberation, we decided to fight another alliance in order to give IRON some more time to build up warchests. We planned to hit you right after our war with WoTN, RE, and NLON, when we'd have lower infra and the playing field would be more even.

In short, there was nothing from which to flee except the dishonor in rolling IRON. Your alliance is filled with excellent fighters, and wasting that excellence in an unfair matchup this early in the round certainly would have been a lost cause.

1 hour ago, Das Blitzkrieger said:

Most of your nations have between 50 and 100 million dollars; most of our nations have between 250 and 400 million dollars. If we went all out on IRON, you'd be facing 10-12 nations with 2.5k tech WRCs, in which case, you never would have recovered.

So, after a lot of deliberation, we decided to fight another alliance in order to give IRON some more time to build up warchests. We planned to hit you right after our war with WoTN, RE, and NLON, when we'd have lower infra and the playing field would be more even.

In short, there was nothing from which to flee except the dishonor in rolling IRON. Your alliance is filled with excellent fighters, and wasting that excellence in an unfair matchup this early in the round certainly would have been a lost cause.

What a pile of rubbish this is when instead you hit a bunch of alliances historically know to have low cash in the bank.

The real plan here was to deny D1 opponents and kills.

Edited by HiredGun

9 hours ago, trs4ece said:

We'd like to leave out "dirty" ops for this war. No need to spoil things before the end-of-round wars. Since there are always questions, here is the list of ops that we would prefer to avoid this war. Please let us know if you agree:

* Incite Government Propaganda

* Incite Religious Propaganda

* Assassinate Enemy Generals

* Sabotage IRS Proficiency

* Destroy Money (this op is so worthless, I don't even know why I bother listing it)

* Naval Blockades

The UN agrees and will not use the aforementioned ops first. 

1 hour ago, HiredGun said:

What a pile of rubbish this is when instead you hit a bunch of alliances historically know to have low cash in the bank.

You missed the entire point of my post. We hit WoTN, RE, and NLON with the intention that we would not go all out with WRCs, high tech, etc. Conversely, we planned to go all out against IRON. But, if we did that now, it would have been extremely lopsided. Instead, we intended to give IRON time for another rebuild and collect before they fight us.

If we simply wanted to deny D1 opponents and kills, we would have hit Wolves, RE, NLON and IRON. Awards are nice, yes, but they're not the only thing we care about. Fun and well-fought wars are the best. Maybe, if you focused more on your alliance fighting well and less on accumulating kills for D1, you might have won a war this round. Instead, you're 0-4. Consequently, I have a hard time taking seriously any advice, comments, or criticism you provide about war declarations or tactics.

2 hours ago, Das Blitzkrieger said:

LMFAO I love this... I need to start saving all the BS that UN spills on the OWF, you can't make it up :laugh:

This is absolutely true. I know for a fact that UN specifically is targeting the "Most Soldiers Killed" award. Their declaration was specifically to deny D1 more kills (because we all know UN still can't win these things on their own) because they guessed we were out for them, and now everyone can see their colors.

44 minutes ago, Das Blitzkrieger said:

You missed the entire point of my post. We hit WoTN, RE, and NLON with the intention that we would not go all out with WRCs, high tech, etc. Conversely, we planned to go all out against IRON. But, if we did that now, it would have been extremely lopsided. Instead, we intended to give IRON time for another rebuild and collect before they fight us.

If we simply wanted to deny D1 opponents and kills, we would have hit Wolves, RE, NLON and IRON. Awards are nice, yes, but they're not the only thing we care about. Fun and well-fought wars are the best. Maybe, if you focused more on your alliance fighting well and less on accumulating kills for D1, you might have won a war this round. Instead, you're 0-4. Consequently, I have a hard time taking seriously any advice, comments, or criticism you provide about war declarations or tactics.

Once again, you can't make this crap up lmao!

Now, on another note... UN care to explain yourselves?

cnte.png

35 minutes ago, LordSunday said:

This is absolutely true. I know for a fact that UN specifically is targeting the "Most Soldiers Killed" award. Their declaration was specifically to deny D1 more kills (because we all know UN still can't win these things on their own) because they guessed we were out for them, and now everyone can see their colors.

laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif

Everyone knows we set our eyes on msk; it's no secret. But kills are not, and literally cannot be, the only thing that drives our war decisions. 

Avoiding IRON is not in our best interests, and is not what we strived—or strive—to do. 

Anyway, having said that, we welcome IRON!

2 hours ago, Das Blitzkrieger said:

I see you're the only one keeping scores here, but we're not kicking ourselves over losing anything. We got everything we came for, a fun war and casualties.

You'd never have approached WotN for peace if you'd have hit WotN, RE, NLoN and IRON so you're full of shyte yet again.

1 hour ago, Bajoran Federation said:

laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif

Everyone knows we set our eyes on msk; it's no secret. But kills are not, and literally cannot be, the only thing that drives our war decisions. 

Avoiding IRON is not in our best interests, and is not what we strived—or strive—to do. 

Anyway, having said that, we welcome IRON!

If avoiding IRON wasn't in your best interests, then why did you do it...

6 minutes ago, LordSunday said:

If avoiding IRON wasn't in your best interests, then why did you do it...

We didn't...

Warring IRON wasn't now or never. It was already decided that IRON was gonna be our next war, as to give you guys more time to rebuild from your previous war with D1. It would've been more fun for both the UN and IRON that way.

But oh well, this should still be fun.

2 hours ago, LordSunday said:

LMFAO I love this... I need to start saving all the BS that UN spills on the OWF, you can't make it up :laugh:

Once again, you can't make this crap up lmao!

Now, on another note... UN care to explain yourselves?

cnte.png

I see you're the only one keeping scores here, but we're not kicking ourselves over losing anything. We got everything we came for, a fun war and casualties.

You'd never have approached WotN for peace if you'd have hit WotN, RE, NLoN and IRON so you're full of shyte yet again.

Again, you both fail to grasp any of the above statements.

1) Iour most important goal was soldiers killed, then it would be in our best interest to hit RE, IRON, NLON, and the Wolves. But, that's not our most important goal. We value other things, too. Learn to read more carefully.

2) You don't know anything for a fact about UN's motivations for this war. You may have info, sure, and certainly, we take D1's obvious pursuit of most soldiers killed at the cost of their individual nations into strong consideration in our decision making, but saying that you know for a fact that that was the reason? Tighten your arguments.

3) Winning something "on your own" in TE doesn't make sense. In any game in which there are competitors, making moves that inhibit your opponents' goals is vital. Understand the basic tactics of games.

4) What motivation would we have to incite a 10k NS nation before the nation is in anarchy? That's not plausible. What is plausible is that someone from D1 (or one of their temps) spied MsShawdi so that IRON now has a justification to perform these ops on UN.

I expect better from you both. LS, your absence has made you neither wiser nor any less of a D1 pawn.

3 hours ago, Das Blitzkrieger said:

Again, you both fail to grasp any of the above statements.

1) Iour most important goal was soldiers killed, then it would be in our best interest to hit RE, IRON, NLON, and the Wolves. But, that's not our most important goal. We value other things, too. Learn to read more carefully.

2) You don't know anything for a fact about UN's motivations for this war. You may have info, sure, and certainly, we take D1's obvious pursuit of most soldiers killed at the cost of their individual nations into strong consideration in our decision making, but saying that you know for a fact that that was the reason? Tighten your arguments.

3) Winning something "on your own" in TE doesn't make sense. In any game in which there are competitors, making moves that inhibit your opponents' goals is vital. Understand the basic tactics of games.

4) What motivation would we have to incite a 10k NS nation before the nation is in anarchy? That's not plausible. What is plausible is that someone from D1 (or one of their temps) spied MsShawdi so that IRON now has a justification to perform these ops on UN.

I expect better from you both. LS, your absence has made you neither wiser nor any less of a D1 pawn.

You misunderstand basic game mechanics as you wouldn't have to attack IRON on top of WotN, RE and NLoN to reach as many kills as you're ever going to get as there are only a limited amount of war slots. Adding IRON just becomes a major risk of losing the war which is why you peaced out with WotN and seeing as you're keeping tabs on the scores, you really care about not losing. The only person here who requires learning is yourself. 

As for the spying, it'd have been the first hostile nation (highly likely to be a UN) to see that Ms Shawdi had a very low amount of spies and that person knew they'd never get caught. Blaming D1 is just ridiculouly stupid,  about as much as your arguments. 

You misunderstand basic game mechanics as you wouldn't have to attack IRON on top of WotN, RE and NLoN to reach as many kills as you're ever going to get as there are only a limited amount of war slots. Adding IRON just becomes a major risk of losing the war which is why you peaced out with WotN and seeing as you're keeping tabs on the scores, you really care about not losing. The only person here who requires learning is yourself. 

As for the spying, it'd have been the first hostile nation (highly likely to be a UN) to see that Ms Shawdi had a very low amount of spies and that person knew they'd never get caught. Blaming D1 is just ridiculouly stupid,  about as much as your arguments. 

Count how many war slots UN had available. Check how many nations are in WoTN, RE, and NLON that would be in range. Let me know what numbers you get, then tell me if those slots would have been full.

28 minutes ago, Das Blitzkrieger said:

Count how many war slots UN had available. Check how many nations are in WoTN, RE, and NLON that would be in range. Let me know what numbers you get, then tell me if those slots would have been full.

Again you're misunderstanding the basis of this argument. I'm explaining why attacking IRON, WotN, RE and NLoN wouldn't yeild you anymore kills than attacking WotN, RE and NLoN, proving my point that attacking IRON as well as those you did would've had very little gain and greatly increased your chances of losing. WotN, RE and NLoN is much more manageable plus you were looking to deny D1 opponents by attacking IRON immediately after so you care about kills more than us. 

Now as for the war slot usage you have 64 offensive war slors and the combined defensive war slots for WotN, RE and NLoN is 138. With IRON you can add another 60 defensive war slots and we haven't even begun why you'd never have the nukes to nuke everyone daily even if you did sacrifice coordination and only ran one or two wars on each opponent which we know would never happen.  

Learn to understand basic game mechanics.

45 minutes ago, HiredGun said:

Again you're misunderstanding the basis of this argument. I'm explaining why attacking IRON, WotN, RE and NLoN wouldn't yeild you anymore kills than attacking WotN, RE and NLoN, proving my point that attacking IRON as well as those you did would've had very little gain and greatly increased your chances of losing. WotN, RE and NLoN is much more manageable plus you were looking to deny D1 opponents by attacking IRON immediately after so you care about kills more than us. 

Now as for the war slot usage you have 64 offensive war slors and the combined defensive war slots for WotN, RE and NLoN is 138. With IRON you can add another 60 defensive war slots and we haven't even begun why you'd never have the nukes to nuke everyone daily even if you did sacrifice coordination and only ran one or two wars on each opponent which we know would never happen.  

Learn to understand basic game mechanics.

No one seriously pursuing kills fills a second and third defensive slot rather than spreading out maximally and using defensive wars to coordinate.

If you're right, we made a strategic move, just as D1 made a "strategic move" to incite all of our nations just before the end of a war.

If I'm right, we made a strategic move, but we could have made a better strategic move at the sacrifice of a reduction in fun with one another, fun winning wars, and a final showdown with IRON where we pulled out all the stops.

I'm pretty content with either explanation.

Edited by Das Blitzkrieger
Clarification

On 10/20/2017 at 10:23 AM, Das Blitzkrieger said:

No one seriously pursuing kills fills a second and third defensive slot rather than spreading out maximally and using defensive wars to coordinate.

If you're right, we made a strategic move, just as D1 made a "strategic move" to incite all of our nations just before the end of a war.

If I'm right, we made a strategic move, but we could have made a better strategic move at the sacrifice of a reduction in fun with one another, fun winning wars, and a final showdown with IRON where we pulled out all the stops.

I'm pretty content with either explanation.

You still have no idea what I was saying and of course people use defensive wars to coordinate if it is possible but it's planned coordination that is organized and you need to use your offensive war slots for this.

As for your comment about LS being a pawn of D1, we have not influenced LS or IRON in anyway to take this action. IRON are doing their own thing for themselves and we don't have any problems with that. You shouldn't have avoided them cos it was not honorable, it was more insulting to avoid them and pretend they're not ready, it's been 2 weeks since their last war and they still had a lot of tech left so you can drop the "they weren't ready" garbage. The real reason was to deny D1 kills by taking WotN, NLoN, and RE to war first then quickly followed by IRON.

Also I'm sure the war with WotN was yet another planned exercise, no doubt bundy is helping you all win flags as he always has.

Edited by HiredGun

8 hours ago, HiredGun said:

You still have no idea what I was saying and of course people use defensive wars to coordinate if it is possible but it's planned coordination that is organized and you need to use your offensive war slots for this.

As for your comment about LS being a pawn of D1, we have not influenced LS or IRON in anyway to take this action. IRON are doing their own thing for themselves and we don't have any problems with that. You shouldn't have avoided them cos it was not honorable, it was more insulting to avoid them and pretend they're not ready, it's been 2 weeks since their last war and they still had a lot of tech left so you can drop the "they weren't ready" garbage. The real reason was to deny D1 kills by taking WotN, NLoN, and RE to war first then quickly followed by IRON.

Also I'm sure the war with WotN was yet another planned exercise, no doubt bundy is helping you all win flags as he always has.

HG you should see the little tidbit from the WotN peace declaration thread... It's interesting that there's still a lot of slots Wolves occupy... Also for trying to peace out they seem to like using nuke slots too...

10 hours ago, LordSunday said:

HG you should see the little tidbit from the WotN peace declaration thread... It's interesting that there's still a lot of slots Wolves occupy... Also for trying to peace out they seem to like using nuke slots too...

Lol, we're definitely trying to fill our slots in order to avoid IRON.

18 hours ago, HiredGun said:

I'm not saying you influenced him—this time, at least. But, he idolizes you and agrees with everything you say because you stroked his ego.

My comment about giving IRON more time to build warchests was genuine. Take Sparta and Secor, for instance. They have 14 million and 20 million dollars left, respectively. They'll be near ZI after the war, without practically any chance at playing a major role in the end of round fun. None of us wanted that.

5 hours ago, Das Blitzkrieger said:

Lol, we're definitely trying to fill our slots in order to avoid IRON.

I'm not saying you influenced him—this time, at least. But, he idolizes you and agrees with everything you say because you stroked his ego.

My comment about giving IRON more time to build warchests was genuine. Take Sparta and Secor, for instance. They have 14 million and 20 million dollars left, respectively. They'll be near ZI after the war, without practically any chance at playing a major role in the end of round fun. None of us wanted that.

To be fair I haven't had a full conversation with HG in quite some time, so I wouldn't say I idolize or agree with everything from him. I will admit however he taught me a lot about this game and for that he has my full respect.