Resignation and Ultimatum from the Imperium

13 hours ago, blue sam3 said:

That is not how sample sizes work. Absolute sample size is at least as important as relative sample size. 

I wouldn't say is at least as important, the method of choosing the sample and the size of the population are much more important than the absolute value of the sample.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Jay Kay said:

Your despise aNiMaLz and publicly stated several times you wished they were gone from this world.

The alliance, not the members. But that was entirely based on their actual in game threat. These days, I don't much care since they've pulled their !@#$ together. In fact, as of today I don't care at all. 

25 minutes ago, Jay Kay said:

I have in your tears due to some people saying things about your snuggle bunny Junkypoo. 

You and Junka can share a dick for all I care. 

14 minutes ago, AlmightyGrub said:

In your opinion.  I am far from self entitled, I am entitled.  You on the other hand are grist for the mill.

Goodbye 

Goodbye. You will never be a real member Oculus. o/

10 minutes ago, Fox Fire said:

The alliance, not the members. But that was entirely based on their actual in game threat. These days, I don't much care since they've pulled their !@#$ together. In fact, as of today I don't care at all. 

Your validation means the world to me.  

17 minutes ago, Fox Fire said:

When proof appears, changes stance. 

Now now don't get all pissy, but funnily you should say that, rumour has it you would know alot more about that than me ;)

Discord isn't Vegas.

Edited by Jay Kay

1 hour ago, Vortagre said:

sorry not talking to you. Is there a block feature in Forums to keep out scums?

Scum is the plural and the singular. Scums would refer more to the removal of scum.

For instance, "rebel scum", "those rebel scum".

3 hours ago, MaineGOP said:

The problem with your point as stated here is that you are applying a broad brush to many people. There are people who wanted Junka out at ISX and rolled who come from many diverse alliances and viewpoints. To say they all want to force Junka from the game is false. Are there some who want to? Sure. This is like saying all republicans are bad because some KKK members might vote for them.... or some other example of a larger group being judged by its lowest common denominator.

I have been hoping junka gets hit largely since i rejoined the game and realized he hadn't changed  one bit in 11 years. There were times when i tried to give him the benefit of the doubt or amend that viewpoint but he always did something to make me reaffirm my view that he needed some humbling. Yet i don't want him gone from the game in fact I and many of the other people you are painting with a very broad brush have been advocating that he even remain in .gov at ISX as IA with a muzzle and a leash on so he doesn't get them in trouble on OWF and discord. Of course it's hard to argue that position when he continually makes more and more enemies for ISX even after resigning.

So my point is, you are being overly general and assuming the desires of many people who want to see him rolled.

I find it ironic that you have been complaining this entire time about TTK getting hit because of Gh0s7 (who actually schemed against Oculus), and yet here you admit you want my alliance hit because I "haven't changed in 11 years."

I generally think people grandstanding on the OWF is a good thing, and I certainly think the OWF would be completely boring if everyone was "muzzled." But let us be real, you are butthurt you got kicked from the ISX server and your arguments have no moral consistency to them.

21 minutes ago, Serberus_I said:

Scum is the plural and the singular. Scums would refer more to the removal of scum.

For instance, "rebel scum", "those rebel scum".

Scum it is then.

1 hour ago, Immortan Junka said:

I generally think people grandstanding on the OWF is a good thing, and I certainly think the OWF would be completely boring if everyone was "muzzled." But let us be real, you are butthurt you got kicked from the ISX server and your arguments have no moral consistency to them.

I agree, mate. Without you blustering and ranting, I would be very bored on here.

Moral consistency? Logical consistency may be a better phrase, but then again their arguments may have logic.

1 hour ago, Fox Fire said:

I don't understand why you're mad at Polar, all they did was cancel on iSX, they aren't even the ones hitting them.

Also, note that it was Junka ripping on Polar in the cancellation thread not even an hour after it was posted.

If you want to lash out at someone, lash out at SLAP and Last Call, they are the one's hitting them.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

6 minutes ago, Serberus_I said:

I agree, mate. Without you blustering and ranting, I would be very bored on here.

Moral consistency? Logical consistency may be a better phrase, but then again their arguments may have logic.

I say moral consistency because Maine's argument is hypocritical. He has stated numerous times that Oculus was wrong to hit TTK because of Gh0s7, but he now supports ISX getting hit for the sole reason of me "not changing after 11 years."

Edited by Immortan Junka

I say moral consistency because Maine's argument is hypocritical. He has stated numerous times that Oculus was wrong to hit TTK because of Gh0s7, but he now supports ISX getting hit for the sole reason of me "not changing after 11 years."

Everyone should strive to better themselves. Those who do not change or evolve are likely to get left behind. Constructive criticism is a good thing provided it is given properly. I like to use the "criticism sandwich" - a criticism sandwiched between two compliments. For example, Junka you make life on OWF more exciting, but power has corrupted your reasoning, but I cannot imagine OWF without you arguing with everyone. :)

5 minutes ago, Serberus_I said:

but power has corrupted your reasoning

Most people who talk about "power" don't even know what it is. True power doesn't come from dominion over others, it comes from mastering reason and wisdom.

This is what Khan and all the other petty tyrants in the world don't understand. Running around pillaging and destroying are not feats of greatness; the greatest among us are the servants of all.

Most people who talk about "power" don't even know what it is. True power doesn't come from dominion over others, it comes from mastering reason and wisdom.

My point is still valid by your definition.

Actually, power actually comes through discursive techniques by which people create power relations but hey ho.

I'm just here to say MI6 was a great alliance and the fact that it took itself to destroy the alliance and not any other factor, shows how much of a threat we were to Oculus. Take heed, Roquentin! For your time will be coming soon and your whole world will be turned upside down! Praise be to Chimaera!

On a less serious note, Junka, you may want to reconsider what you're doing. If you truly cared for your alliance, you would stop posting on the OWF and let Galerion handle damage control. You and I both know the attacks are only happening because of you. Not your alliance, not your members. You. The very least you could do for your members is to stop replying here altogether, and eventually this thread will die out, your alliance would be given peace, and would help give themselves a semi fresh slate.

26 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

I find it ironic that you have been complaining this entire time about TTK getting hit because of Gh0s7 (who actually schemed against Oculus), and yet here you admit you want my alliance hit because I "haven't changed in 11 years."

Let me try to explain this to you again.

Alleged actions of a minor member who was no longer a member is very different than long-termed confirmed actions of a leader of an alliance that continually pisses off yes enemies, but also neutrals and allies.  It wasn't because you haven't' changed in 11 years, but its those actions that you haven't' changed that continually put you under the gun. 

I think grandstanding can be entertaining. Grub does it quite well, but he also has the strength to back it up. One would think that if your only ally powerful enough to prevent you from being rolled asked you not to do something a competent leader would listen. Then once that ally drops you, and you no longer have your protection, you might not continually post and troll that former ally. Then when your remaining ally over and over and over again asks you to stop posting. One would think that a competent leader would stop posting. Then once that ally drops you too and you finally realize you need to step down that you would do it in such a way to give your alliance a clean break and let the new leader have a chance. But no, because you are not a competent leader you issue threats and ultimatums on your way out. These are the reasons your are being rolled. 

As for the server, no, that's not why you moron. You can ask many people, I've wanted you rolled almost since my return. Sure there were times I gave you a chance and I wasn't always actively plotting, but I can pull logs with meth and PM's here that I told him the only reason I'd start playing again would be to shut you up and roll you. This is all long before your temper tantrum and kicking me from your pathetic server. This is what you do though, you can't understand that people don't like you, don't like your actions, and that you cause your own problems. So you find some other excuse some other reason to blame it on everyone else.

Junka, you are your own worst enemy.

1 hour ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

I don't understand why you're mad at Polar, all they did was cancel on iSX, they aren't even the ones hitting them.

Also, note that it was Junka ripping on Polar in the cancellation thread not even an hour after it was posted.

If you want to lash out at someone, lash out at SLAP and Last Call, they are the one's hitting them.

Your asking for intelligence and not some silly agenda.  That one does not care about ISX, that one is just looking for an excuse to !@#$%* and moan.  

36 minutes ago, MaineGOP said:

Junka, you are your own worst enemy.

People have said this to me many times,  tons literally. I don't grandstand, I just point out uncomfortable facts and long hushed up events that most of you don't care about but still makes an alliance and its leaders look bad.  

Yes Junka has gone overboard many times but the fact is that he and his alliance have got many haters who would try to destroy him no matter what. His opponents in current wars have a track record for god's sake, you don't even have to look past this year to see the list of sovereign micros destroyed by them. Ask your buddy Blackatron if you have doubts in that regard. 

Just now, Vortagre said:

People have said this to me many times,  tons literally. I don't grandstand, I just point out uncomfortable facts and long hushed up events that most of you don't care about but still makes an alliance and its leaders look bad.  

Yes Junka has gone overboard many times but the fact is that he and his alliance have got many haters who would try to destroy him no matter what. His opponents in current wars have a track record for god's sake, you don't even have to look past this year to see the list of sovereign micros destroyed by them. Ask your buddy Blackatron if you have doubts in that regard. 

Are there opportunists and rogues who want to fight him of course.  But you can't say that clears him of his actions either. He got polars treaty cancelled and he got his mINC treaty cancelled. Can't blame anyone else for that but himself. The opportunists wouldn't have an opportunity if he had shown any humility or respect for his allies. So I'm not disagreeing with anything you said, but just that it doesn't change the fact that he has most of CN wanting to watch him burn, not just the warmongering hordes...

15 hours ago, Galerion said:

I have no commitment to the peanut gallery so it certainly is not required, especially in this age of Bob where CBs appear to be no longer required.

Those that I wish to share information with will be contacted and resolution of the current conflict is the only goal at hand.

Well I look forward to hearing from you on your terms of surrender, you know where to find me. 

His opponents are threatening people to shut up or face nukes if they speak on this topic criticising certain alliances NOT including ISX naturally. I agree with you partially but there is this factor here you know.

11 minutes ago, MaineGOP said:

he has most of CN wanting to watch him burn, not just the warmongering hordes...

Just now, Devialance said:

Well I look forward to hearing from you on your terms of surrender, you know where to find me. 

Seriously. And how many CB's has junka given to many alliances. I mean Polar has every right to roll him if they wanted to for the disrespect he has shown. Sometimes you have to pay for your words...

He loves to quote 300

Messenger: Choose your next words carefully, Leonidas. They may be your last as king.

King Leonidas: [to himself: thinking] "Earth and water"?

[Leonidas unsheathes and points his sword at the Messenger's throat]

Messenger: Madman! You're a madman!

King Leonidas: Earth and water? You'll find plenty of both down there.

Messenger: No man, Persian or Greek, no man threatens a messenger!

King Leonidas: You bring the crowns and heads of conquered kings to my city steps. You insult my queen. You threaten my people with slavery and death! Oh, I've chosen my words carefully, Persian. Perhaps you should have done the same!

Messenger: This is blasphemy! This is madness!

King Leonidas: Madness...?

[shouting]

King Leonidas: This is Sparta!

[Kicks the messenger down the well]