Resignation and Ultimatum from the Imperium

The Imperium has a unique history in CN. We were formed from a merger of alliances, most prominently including LoSS and MCXA. People have, since our formation in 2014, begrudged us our right to exist, and we have fallen from 200 members to our current count as a direct result of this persecution.

The barbarians who besiege us today have, of course, no real reason to do so, other than a combination of cowardly opportunism and personal dislike. For years I have preached the importance of the Casus Belli, of anti-rogue cooperation, of civilized behavior, but it has become apparent that we do not live in a civilized world.

It is, in point of fact, impossible to lead as a true "philosopher king" in today's world.

Plato identified the Philosopher King as the highest form of leader, and it is a role I have always attempted to fulfill. The unity and strength of our Imperium, despite the hostile global population, is my proudest achievement, but with this achievement has also come an understanding of failure.

As a teacher, when I try to teach barbarians how to behave in a civilized manner, and yet they don't change, I am forced to the conclusion that something is wrong either with the lesson or the teacher. Time and time again, reason and logic is discarded in favor of violence, violence against a largely peaceful membership who represent absolutely no threat to our aggressors.

Therefore, it is evident that reason and logic alone are not enough to convince the barbarian mind to change, and only violence is respected.

It is my duty to step down as Emperor, having failed to prevent the latest surge of barbarian attacks. Galerion will be a good leader, and has the right mindest for governance.

With that said, I have an ultimatum for our attackers. 

Enjoy your circlejerk on the OWF, but if attacks continue over the coming week, I will recruit a few volunteers to fight a perma war and exterminate lower tiers as a death squad AA, since barbarians will only understand the sword.

Perhaps I will become bankrupt in a week, and will simply fill the forum with commentary and essays.

Or perhaps a few of our upper tier nations with billions in the bank will volunteer for my crusade, and we can pick apart the lower-tiers of the aggressors for the next 12 months. 

This is the risk the barbarian leadership will take if they continue to attack us and force us into a corner.

Choose wisely. Let my membership live in peace, or you may find you will have no peace yourself for a long time to come.

Edited by Immortan Junka

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Mogar said:

I don't get why you feel that making MORE threats is somehow the best option here, but congratulations on seeing the wisdom in the advice of many.

You got what you wanted. Why are you not happy? 

Good luck to Galerion, he's going to need it. Sometimes a fresh face in the lead can make a difference and I hope this is true in that case. But I'm confident that if he isn't derailed by whatever train wreck you cause behind the scenes, he should be more than able to rehabilitate the image of ISX. It all comes back to you, Junka. Galerion and ISX can only succeed if you take a true and firm step back from the war rhetoric and threats.

So the options here are grant an immediate peace to ISX, or get permawar with Junka as a reward for fighting for a week.

Oh I do love walls of options.  Unfortunately, some of us barbarians don't negotiate on the OWF.

8 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

Enjoy your circlejerk on the OWF, but if attacks continue over the coming week, I will recruit a few volunteers to fight a perma war and exterminate lower tiers as a death squad AA, since barbarians will only understand the sword.

10 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

The barbarians who besiege us today have, of course, no real reason to do so, other than a combination of cowardly opportunism and personal dislike. For years I have preached the importance of the Casus Belli, of anti-rogue cooperation, of civilized behavior, but it has become apparent that we do not live in a civilized world.

10 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

giphy.gif

No real reason...

Edit: I read it wrong

I am happy to see you step down, not personally but because your members deserve an existence. iSX will be fine, I wouldn't threaten anyone, it would only fall back on iSX, just do iSX a service and help them internally.

o/ Junka

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

15 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

The Imperium has a unique history in CN. We were formed from a merger of alliances, most prominently including LoSS and MCXA. People have, since our formation in 2014, begrudged us our right to exist, and we have fallen from 200 members to our current count as a direct result of this persecution.

It is, in point of fact, impossible to lead as a true "philosopher king" in today's world.

Plato identified the Philosopher King as the highest form of leader, and it is a role I have always attempted to fulfill. The unity and strength of our Imperium, despite the hostile global population, is my proudest achievement, but with this achievement has also come an understanding of failure.

As a teacher, when I try to teach barbarians how to behave in a civilized manner, and yet they don't change, I am forced to the conclusion that something is wrong either with the lesson or the teacher. Time and time again, reason and logic is discarded in favor of violence, violence against a largely peaceful membership who represent absolutely no threat to our aggressors.

Therefore, it is evident that reason and logic alone are not enough to convince the barbarian mind to change, and only violence is respected.

It is my duty to step down as Emperor, having failed to prevent the latest surge of barbarian attacks. Galerion will be a good leader, and has the right mindest for governance.

Perhaps I will become bankrupt in a week, and will simply fill the forum with commentary and essays.

Or perhaps a few of our upper tier nations with billions in the bank will volunteer for my crusade, and we can pick apart the lower-tiers of the aggressors for the next 12 months. 

This is the risk the barbarian leadership will take if they continue to attack us and force us into a corner.

Choose wisely. Let my membership live in peace, or you may find you will have no peace yourself for a long time to come.

Had you done this. Without the threats. You might still have a treaty. 

12 minutes ago, Razgriz24 said:

Best of luck Junka, you have left an impression on all of us. If you do become a rogue, stop by my doorstep from time to time. If you don't, stop by for some beers.

giphy.gif

It wouldn't be roguery, they pulled the trigger first.

Seems stepping down is the right option to save the alliance, the promise/threat at the end should have been left out. Why threaten perm war when asking since you stepped down please peace out with ISX members, that would have been a better option.

Al

I warned you Junka over and over that your mouth and attitude would lead you here. I am glad to see you stepping down so that ISX can have peace and be an honorable alliance that I believe most of the members are capable of. 

Yet you still don't get it and I don't think ever will. The threats in this "resignation" especially saying top tier of ISX might join you. Makes it just seem like you are going to rogue with ISX support. You are tainting their new start already. 

Also this entire post from beginning is a perfect example of why you are where you are today. You have no humility. To call yourself a philosopher king and a teacher of CN is the exact hubris and ego which has brought you to your knees today. Your condescension and acting above us all is a main reason you are so despised.

I truly pray you just go away and let ISX have a future, that ball AS IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN is in your court...

Junka, let Galerion start out his leadership with a clean slate. 

He was was very loyal to you and worked very hard for you, don't give him a leadership role and then an impossible path forward. Show him the same respect that he gave you to run the Imperium.

1 minute ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

Junka, let Galerion start out his leadership with a clean slate. 

He was was very loyal to you and worked very hard for you, don't give him a leadership role and then an impossible path forward. Show him the same respect that he gave you to run the Imperium.

And simply leading vicariously would not be within the spirit of the OP.

Wow it actually happened. Good luck junka ur one of the people who make the game fun and its cool how u put effort into things I fought with u and against u:gun:I respect ur fighting but I never thought u would step down I thought ur too conceded lol but u really do love ur alliance.

Who knows what junka will do next dun dun dun lol will he lay low and do isx things from the inside? Will he start a new alliance? Will he join KoRT? :popcorn:

52 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

Nothing has changed. Same !@#$... different day.