Recognition of Hostilities

In a very real sense, Oculus represents the death of this game. Their stranglehold and hegemony over Planet Bob means opposition is stamped out at even the merest sigh of a perceived threat. This leads to people giving up, for they view the dominance of Oculus as inevitable.

This is intensely OOC:

Leaders like you are exactly the reason why there can never be anything except the dominance of Oculus. The leadership and membership of alliances in your sphere are currently so backwards that they can't even attempt productive movements. That's why you have tons of people sitting on warchests they haven't used in the last three wars and why someone like Bern who wanted to free your alliance from a continued and slow decline was never able to succeed. 

It's so easy to whine about the game-state, but if you really feel that Oculus is the death of the game maybe you should idk, have done something about it at any of the opportunities where your alliance clashed with Oculus? As someone who supports Oculus, mainly my love NPO, I simply do not understand how/why you can have this attitude when so little is done by you or your allies to change the situation. If perma-war/disbandment is your big solution to this 2 (3?) year "death of the game" then you really should have done it the first time you got rolled.

IC:
Good luck NADC, but you're screwed. Unsure how you can scoff at an obvious and justified CB. It should be common sense that you're violating the spirit of your terms, and when an adviser to your govt is one of the offenders, you shouldn't be crying with a wall of text, you should be apologizing and rectifying the problem.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aurelius and the assorted members of the NADC:

I won't pretend to understand the NADC mindset, because quite frankly I considered you to be incompetent at the time of the Charles Isolationist era and I have watched you slowly decline into almost irrelevance since the first time I rolled your alliance before update.  Berkanstel was the first Sec-Gen in the history of NADC who actually approached Polar with a hope to mending the damages between us.  He was the first and only actual diplomat you have ever had.  He was actually doing some great work on your behalf.  Being in a neutral position towards your traditional enemy when you are at a massive disadvantage is IMO extremely desirable.

Any idiot can go to somewhere that is friendly to you and post pictures of cats, it takes someone with dedication and vision to realize that the way forwards, though difficult, is worth the effort.  I find it ironic therefore that my greatest diplomatic efforts have always been with the people who hate me the most and that those efforts have often resulted in long term relationships including treaties.  If you think the issues between Polar and NADC were as great as the issues between Non Grata or Pacifica and Polar you are delusional.

NADC missed an opportunity to change their entire outlook in a positive way, instead voting for regression to the isolationist alliance that finds itself being rolled way too easily yet again.  The fact that you allowed someone to piss in your pocket so deliberately and then elect that person on a platform of $%&@ Polar finds you in the unenviable position of being nowhere with no one yet again.  Your allies will make pragmatic choices now, once upon a time they would have flooded these boards with condemnations whilst they readied their war machines to defend you.  Your allies are not worth a pinch of !@#$, you should cancel all your treaties and not bother pretending.

Berkanstel may well have committed some acts of treason against NADC, but you screwed yourselves when you decided that orange wasn't good enough for you.  Blue is the natural home of the NpO therefore not the NADC.  Seriously, if you were in doubt, playing semantics wasn't the way forward.  You accepted the term in full knowledge of what it meant, right or wrong in your mind is of no consequence to me.

Aurelius, I look forward to your surrender when the time comes or alternatively as you suggest in the OP, your disbandment.   Making ''public'' announcements of your agenda before you are ready was certainly an interesting way to get elected.  I wonder if the guys losing their entire supply of infrastructure and technology with their pathetic war chests failing to buy them out of the mess you are in will be so excited next time you beat the drum and wave the flag?  Some lessons are learned the hard way,  your days as Sec Gen are numbered.

Fight as hard as you like, please do, I am tired of people just giving up at the DOW.  Maybe there is some respect to be salvaged, even if it is only your own self-respect. Or maybe dissolving your alliance and letting your members find a competent alliance to live out their remaining days on Bob might actually be the way forward.

If you are going to have a plan, make it a good one.

Edited by AlmightyGrub

7 hours ago, The Big Bad said:

How would one go about, redressing the wrongs somebody had committed against you?  Talk?  Candy and flowers?  

Actually, yes. Negotiations was in fact my preferred course. A workable agreement could have been reached. That said, knowing the character of Oculus' leadership, it could be said that such negotiations would have been doomed from the start. In any event, the option of negotiation is no longer available to us. Oculus saw to that.

7 hours ago, Neo Uruk said:

They're littered throughout the initial DoW, mostly through the first couple pages

To be fair, I'm assuming they're direct quotes; they may have some paraphrasing. I haven't seen screenshots of NADC forums or anything :V

Until I see a screenshot rather than a paraphrasing of remarks made by myself or anyone else for that matter, please forgive me if I refuse to address baseless accusations.

9 hours ago, Devialance said:

Everyone knows what the truth is and soon many alliances will disband even the great NPO will disband when there is no one left to fight. personally you have to had it to NPO for many many years no one does anything in this world without their say so.

You're wrong bro, no one does anything in this world without my say so. ;)

7 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

Then fight.  I am not judging NADC for doing what it thinks is in it's interests.  

Just do not pretend that it is somehow for the greater health and welfare of Planet Bob.  Not NADC's to decide nor snyone eles.  Leave to Admin that which belongs to Admin.  

You give my words great import and significant if you think I can decide anything on behalf of anyone else, let alone Planet Bob.

Briefly, a few things make me think I am right in my opinion and the current foreign affairs situation of Planet Bob is different to the past:

1. There is marked increase in disinterest in the game. The situation is not getting better - it's getting worse.
  2. This is based on a variety of factors. The stagnancy of the game is one. That's not a new problem. But the other, perhaps more important factor, is the foreign affairs situation in Planet Bob and Oculus' conception has contributed significantly to that - things have pretty much frozen in Planet Bob foreign relations wise since its birthing.
  3. Phoney CB's have already been part of this game. But there was a time where people actually used to care about whether a CB was legitimate or not. It seems we're past the time where a valid CB, if not required, is valued. The uncertainty that brings to the game only makes it less attractive to those already playing the game and is likely to discourage new players from staying.

Now, unlike the real world where one can't unplug, people can leave this game. Are we at the end point of the game? Maybe not. I'm sure it will continue to exist. But the vibrant, dare I say, interesting game and community it once was? Unlikely.

Oculus is and will be a significant contributing factor to the demise of this game and its community.

17 minutes ago, Cenk Uygur said:

Negotiations was in fact my preferred course.

Considering this plot was in motion, as a few alliances have since sold you out, have you ever even contacted Eatum about the potential to move back to blue?

1 minute ago, Cenk Uygur said:

Actually, yes. Negotiations was in fact my preferred course. A workable agreement could have been reached. That said, knowing the character of Oculus' leadership, it could be said that such negotiations would have been doomed from the start. In any event, the option of negotiation is no longer available to us. Oculus saw to that.

Please.  How stupid do you think the citizens of Planet Bob are?  You do not use a phrases like redressing the wrongs of Polaris against you and restoring your honour and mean negotiations.   If you had spoken of restoring lost ties and letting bygones be bygones with Polaris then you could claim you wanted to talk.  No, you chose your words, and NADC voted for you.  Do  you honestly think anybody believes the you meant talk when you pointed right at Polaris and announced you wanted to redress wrongs and restore honour.  So welcome to your chance to redress those wrongs and restore your honor. The least you can do is man up and own it.  Or is even that to much to expect from you?

7 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

If my "term" was unclear to you in the first place then perhaps you should have clarified with me personally before you began beating your drum.  

You know now deep down in your little e-lawyer heart what I meant by vacate.  You chose to return to power on the basis of you being the strong leader who could address evil Polar.  It requires no huge jump in logic to see the path required to accomplish your election promises.  

When coupled with other information received it is clear that the NADC had once again found itself led by someone who had their ability and ambition confused.  

I am intrigued that "dissolve " is in your vocabulary but if you insist I,for one, would not try to dissuade you.   I doubt this matter is that extreme but I do note that you are prone to hyperbole in all your statements.   

Good luck.  You know where I am if you want to debate the validity of the word vacate.  

Drum beating? Hardly.

I am sure Polaris (and, by extension, Oculus, who seem intent on following Polaris mindlessly) would love to draw the inference that the NADC had a nefarious plan. I refer to my original post, which addresses the issues. I also note that anything further I say will not persuade you. Again, I'm responding mainly for the benefit of the decent few who care about proper CB's.

Oh, by the by - please, if you're going to insult me, don't just call me an e-lawyer. Just call me "lawyer".

5 hours ago, Immortan Junka said:

It's one thing to claim the moral high ground, as I often do, when there were no plans for aggression from the defending side. But the rhetoric falls short when a victorious political campaign calls for the retaking of one's perceived rightful place on the blue team (in violation of a peace agreement), and taking revenge on Polar. Polar joining Oculus was a masterful move by both parties, and certainly could be considered the treaty of the year, as now the newly augmented hegemony can root out mutual threats and put to rest earlier notions of a revolt against the dominant bloc or their supporters.

Oculus is certainly alot more reasonable, in my opinion, than the post-Karma arrangement that so many today still laud. The Imperium, after eight alliance wars in two years time, finally has a chance at real political security in an age filled with chaos and barbarism. Polar's CB here is stronger than nearly all of the wars waged against us.

So while I can respect the fighting spirit expressed by the OP, I think it is misguided. Best of luck to NADC, and a salute to Polar.

See my original post.

3 minutes ago, Cenk Uygur said:

I'm responding mainly for the benefit of the decent few who care about proper CB's.

You literally admitted to campaigning a 'move back to blue' slogan of which your colleagues have denied for weeks... even though it was already known.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

1 hour ago, AlmightyGrub said:

Aurelius and the assorted members of the NADC:

I won't pretend to understand the NADC mindset, because quite frankly I considered you to be incompetent at the time of the Charles Isolationist era and I have watched you slowly decline into almost irrelevance since the first time I rolled your alliance before update.  Berkanstel was the first Sec-Gen in the history of NADC who actually approached Polar with a hope to mending the damages between us.  He was the first and only actual diplomat you have ever had.  He was actually doing some great work on your behalf.  Being in a neutral position towards your traditional enemy when you are at a massive disadvantage is IMO extremely desirable.

Any idiot can go to somewhere that is friendly to you and post pictures of cats, it takes someone with dedication and vision to realize that the way forwards, though difficult, is worth the effort.  I find it ironic therefore that my greatest diplomatic efforts have always been with the people who hate me the most and that those efforts have often resulted in long term relationships including treaties.  If you think the issues between Polar and NADC were as great as the issues between Non Grata or Pacifica and Polar you are delusional.

NADC missed an opportunity to change their entire outlook in a positive way, instead voting for regression to the isolationist alliance that finds itself being rolled way too easily yet again.  The fact that you allowed someone to piss in your pocket so deliberately and then elect that person on a platform of $%&@ Polar finds you in the unenviable position of being nowhere with no one yet again.  Your allies will make pragmatic choices now, once upon a time they would have flooded these boards with condemnations whilst they readied their war machines to defend you.  Your allies are not worth a pinch of !@#$, you should cancel all your treaties and not bother pretending.

Berkanstel may well have committed some acts of treason against NADC, but you screwed yourselves when you decided that orange wasn't good enough for you.  Blue is the natural home of the NpO therefore not the NADC.  Seriously, if you were in doubt, playing semantics wasn't the way forward.  You accepted the term in full knowledge of what it meant, right or wrong in your mind is of no consequence to me.

Aurelius, I look forward to your surrender when the time comes or alternatively as you suggest in the OP, your disbandment.   Making ''public'' announcements of your agenda before you are ready was certainly an interesting way to get elected.  I wonder if the guys losing their entire supply of infrastructure and technology with their pathetic war chests failing to buy them out of the mess you are in will be so excited next time you beat the drum and wave the flag?  Some lessons are learned the hard way,  your days as Sec Gen are numbered.

Fight as hard as you like, please do, I am tired of people just giving up at the DOW.  Maybe there is some respect to be salvaged, even if it is only your own self-respect. Or maybe dissolving your alliance and letting your members find a competent alliance to live out their remaining days on Bob might actually be the way forward.

If you are going to have a plan, make it a good one.

In summary, join or die. As expected.

See you out on the field.

8 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

Considering this plot was in motion, as a few alliances have since sold you out, have you ever even contacted Eatum about the potential to move back to blue?

No plot. No machinations. As for the rest, see my above post. We have a democratic process in our alliance, not a dictatorship. Nothing had been decided.

In summary, join or die. As expected.

See you out on the field.

There is no offer for you to join, there was no offer for you to join, there will be no offer for you to join.  Dying is truly your only option right now.  There is always another option, you are just too stupid, and I truly do mean too stupid to consider anything other than the limit range of responses you have to every situation.  NADC should have elected someone with a personality, not another Charles clone.

8 minutes ago, The Big Bad said:

Please.  How stupid do you think the citizens of Planet Bob are?  You do not use a phrases like redressing the wrongs of Polaris against you and restoring your honour and mean negotiations.   If you had spoken of restoring lost ties and letting bygones be bygones with Polaris then you could claim you wanted to talk.  No, you chose your words, and NADC voted for you.  Do  you honestly think anybody believes the you meant talk when you pointed right at Polaris and announced you wanted to redress wrongs and restore honour.  So welcome to your chance to redress those wrongs and restore your honor. The least you can do is man up and own it.  Or is even that to much to expect from you?

Even on your interpretation of my words, which I dispute, it's quite a stretch to go from that to "military action by the NADC imminent" or even "the NADC poses a threat".

5 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

You literally admitted to campaigning a 'move back to blue' slogan of which your colleagues have denied for weeks... even though it was already known.

Incorrect. As far as I know, the denials were in relation to whether it was official NADC policy. That is true.

Even on your interpretation of my words, which I dispute, it's quite a stretch to go from that to "military action by the NADC imminent" or even "the NADC poses a threat".

Surely when you make statements as clear and bold as yours there is no real need to e-lawyer them.  You said I will do this, what other response would you expect.  You yourself alluded to your expectations in your reply to Berk.  Seriously, there is no music, stop dancing.

LOLOLOL, and you wonder why NADC are in this situation.  Nice diplomacy Aurelius.  Going to be hard to surrender if you boot foreign leaders from your server.  I guess that sends the correct message though doesn't it.  ''Look how powerful I am, I can close down all diplomacy with my enemies.'  That's kind of what got you to where you are.  The NADC would do well to replace you immediately.  They will be anyway.

I have modified your terms accordingly.  Good luck surrendering without being able to connect. 

When you are ready to surrender I think we should negotiate right here on the forums, should only add a month or two to the process.