Recognition of Hostilities

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

Will Grub be signing autographs after the interview?

I will not be signing anything tomorrow ;) and there is unlikely to be any debate as such.  I will answer a question or two from the host (apparently my answers are restricted to 30 minutes each)  and then we shall break for open destruction of the No Apparent Defense Combine.  I meant it when I said that peace terms would only be discussed in this thread, I am a man of my word when it comes to such matters.

I am interested to hear Aurelius answer a question or two asked by the host.  I promise to only smirk or at most chortle so as to not ruin the whole Pleasant Valley Sunday vibe Mogar has going on.  That promise of course can be revoked if Aurelius turns out to have an outrageously pompous accent. 

I doubt anyone will understand anything I say but it should be fun.... if I remember to turn up after golf.

King Irwin, ask ReaviewRover for a doc read, he did a great job getting some sounds bites of the debate. Or ping Mogar for an actual upload.

My personal reflection is that Aurelius was right by showing up to the debate but wrong with how he presented his leadership capabilities and his alliance. He had a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to confront Grub face-to-face and work on a better situation for his alliance, take responsibility for his alliance, add some accountability to his accolades, and perhaps even apologize.

Instead he was too busy reading from a script where NADC nations live with unicorns and rainbows and their civility is that of the golden spoon.

...He quickly forgets that it was NADC who triggered on the Polar in these recent events, he channels out his own campaign words... and he failed at every step of the way in influencing any remorse and while systematically planting victim seeds. Selfish.

Grub on the other hand went in there like a bare knuckle boxing match, and his left hooks were too much for Aurelius. KO.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

NADC Elections are notorious for being intense, but this is something different. Did someone leak internal NADC discussions when they realized they would lose the election?  If my assumption is correct, then I respect the right of an alliance to discuss ANYTHING they please in private.  Someone give me a rundown of what's going on. 

58 minutes ago, wes the wise said:

NADC Elections are notorious for being intense, but this is something different. Did someone leak internal NADC discussions when they realized they would lose the election?  If my assumption is correct, then I respect the right of an alliance to discuss ANYTHING they please in private.  Someone give me a rundown of what's going on. 

TL:DR 

1. NADC elects a populist leader who campaigns on ''fixing'' Polar (wrongs) and returning to Blue but also correctly predicts that Polar won't be happy.

2. NADC changes its name to No Apparent Defense Combine.  Now a smoking crater within two rounds. 

3. No end in sight as Aurelius has banned the Oculus negotiator from the NADC server.  Future resolution to be conducted on OWF.

4. CN Radio debate reveals the NADC leader has taken his bat and ball and gone home.

5. The screenshots at the center of the CB were not provided to Polar by the nominated NADC scapegoat.

6. Oblivious to all else, NADC members withdraw to their safe place and wait for the bad man to go away.

3 hours ago, wes the wise said:

Yes, you are correct in your assumption. We are almost certain that Bernkastel leaked copies (screenshots or other replications) of posts made during an election campaign when it was clear he was going to lose. The copies were provided to Polar/Oculus. Oculus, led by Polar, used it as an excuse to declare war on the NADC.

48 minutes ago, Cenk Uygur said:

Polar, used it as an excuse to declare war on the NADC.

While it's been denied that your side of the story is correct, please share with how that's not a CB?

A newly elected leader seeking to return to blue to right the wrong with Polar...

Are you saying that Polar shouldn't have been proactive in their own defense? Do you believe that actions do not have consequences?

Do you also believe that NADC was the victim last time? ...even considering they proactively signed Sparta to trigger on Polar...

You're better than this and I know you're not that ignorant.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

13 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

While it's been denied that your side of the story is incorrect, please share with how that's not a CB?

A newly elected leader seeking to return to blue to right the wrong with Polar...

Are you saying that Polar shouldn't have been proactive in their own defense? Do you believe that actions do not have consequences?

Do you also believe that NADC was the victim last time? ...even considering they proactively signed Sparta to trigger on Polar...

You're better than this and I know you're not that ignorant.

Actually it would appear he is that ignorant.  It doesn't matter who leaked the screenshots, not even a little bit.  What matters is Aurelius thinking he can simply ignore the matters at hand, over and over and over, all while calling me uncivilized and not fit for public consumption.  Sounds kind of like Junka and his barbarian claims.

NADC signing a treaty of convenience with Sparta to take a shot at us, failing badly and as a result getting shunted off blue should have sent a clear enough message on two counts.

1.  NADC is not good enough, in any facet of the spectrum of skills required to ''get'' Polar.

2.  NADC is not welcome on blue. 

Aurelius needs to stop deflecting and take some responsibility for his alliance's plight and offer them his resignation (screenshots would be ironically delicious) for his bungled campaign and his atrocious leadership that has led to his alliances current predicament.  There is no confusion here folks, just a sad dude living in a fantasy that he is leading his alliance anywhere but a deep hole.

Aurelius needs to stop deflecting and take some responsibility for his alliance's plight and offer them his resignation (screenshots would be ironically delicious) for his bungled campaign and his atrocious leadership that has led to his alliances current predicament.  There is no confusion here folks, just a sad dude living in a fantasy that he is leading his alliance anywhere but a deep hole.

Caveat, screenshots delivered to Bern, who then delivers them to Polaris.
:ph34r:

57 minutes ago, Tevron said:

Caveat, screenshots delivered to Bern, who then delivers them to Polaris.
:ph34r:

Bern did not provide the screenshots to us.  Screenshot delivery is inconsequential to the situation. We have the screenshots and we didn't commission them from anyone,  that's all that matters.   

So, NADC discussed a return to blue team in private in the context of elections...So it was just chatter and not policy, right? Also, if it was to become policy, it sounds like NADC was going to come talk to Polar to discuss the matter, correct? What threat does such internal chatting pose against Polaris? NADC has been on blue team for 99.9% of their existence.

PS, I've been kicking around the idea of coming back to blue team and running for senate! Will you guys vote for me? Or are you going to blow me up too? 

14 minutes ago, wes the wise said:

So, NADC discussed a return to blue team in private in the context of elections...So it was just chatter and not policy, right? Also, if it was to become policy, it sounds like NADC was going to come talk to Polar to discuss the matter, correct? What threat does such internal chatting pose against Polaris? NADC has been on blue team for 99.9% of their existence.

PS, I've been kicking around the idea of coming back to blue team and running for senate! Will you guys vote for me? Or are you going to blow me up too? 

Seems to me that even the idea of sharing is not in polars interests.   

bad-jokes-so-a-baby-seal-walks-into-a-cl

2 hours ago, wes the wise said:

I know percentages are difficult for people but please check yours.  

You are are more than welcome to Vote Grub.  We wouldn't be voting for you would we?  That would be as stupid as 99.9%.  As for blowing you up, are you in NADC?  If not all good.  

Chatter?  I love to min/max as much as the next person but your soft attempts to cast Aurelius in a friendly light are laughable.  Aurelius knew exactly what he was saying and so did his alliance when they shouted "hell yeah" and elected him. 

Vote Grub - violence is a solution

30 minutes ago, AlmightyGrub said:

I know percentages are difficult for people but please check yours.  

You are are more than welcome to Vote Grub.  We wouldn't be voting for you would we?  That would be as stupid as 99.9%.  As for blowing you up, are you in NADC?  If not all good.  

Chatter?  I love to min/max as much as the next person but your soft attempts to cast Aurelius in a friendly light are laughable.  Aurelius knew exactly what he was saying and so did his alliance when they shouted "hell yeah" and elected him. 

Vote Grub - violence is a solution

So, using your most candid words, tell us what threat NADC posed to Polaris. 

12 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

Bern did not provide the screenshots to us.  Screenshot delivery is inconsequential to the situation. We have the screenshots and we didn't commission them from anyone,  that's all that matters.   

No, you misunderstood me AG. I'm saying that this bit 

offer them his resignation (screenshots would be ironically delicious) 

should be delivered to Bern as a joke.

24 minutes ago, wes the wise said:

I know you are too lazy to read but maybe you should make the effort.  I gave you a TLDR but you are rehashing old material.  Read both threads and then ask again if you are confused.  

1 hour ago, wes the wise said:

This has been hashed out many times already.  Are you saying you have not bothered to read or just do not understand?  if it is the former then go read.  If it is the latter  then nothing can be done for you. 

4 minutes ago, The Big Bad said:

This has been hashed out many times already.  Are you saying you have not bothered to read or just do not understand?  if it is the former then go read.  If it is the latter  then nothing can be done for you. 

He's another fox fire, it's not that he lacks comprehension, he's simply stirring the pot.

Just now, Lord Hitchcock said:

He's another fox fire, it's not that he lacks comprehension, he's simply stirring the pot.

I remember when stirring the pot meant dropping some damaging logs or revealing something that caused an uproar.  Now it just seems stirring the pot means playing dumb or debating the meaning of words.  Then again NADC's cause is pretty bleak, not much can be done to defend them other than play dumb.  Still a little more effort would be nice.