Polaris Government Update

brrd.png

A couple of months ago Bob lost a good person, Lestat, my Regent. He disappeared suddenly and hasn't been heard from since.  We hope he is well in the RL world, but haven't been able to contact him.  Lestat was my right hand, and those of you that dealt with him can attest he was a pleasure to deal with.  AlmightyGrub came out of retirement and filled the FA role for me last year when I expelled Master Holton.  While I have enjoyed the puppet master comments from the peanut gallery, Grub has been executing my FA plans for the past year.  Since I'm in need of a new right hand, I have appointed AlmightyGrub as Regent of the New Polar Order.  Let the world tremble. 

The current government of the New Polar Order is as follows:

Imperial Command

Emperor - EaTeMuP

Regent - AlmightyGrub

The Polar Council

Minister of Love:  Quantum Leap

Deputy Minister of Love:  Sir Edward Swinkles

Minister of Peace:  Emperor Jason

Deputy Minister of Peace:  Terminator

Minister of Plenty:  blue sam3

Deputy Minister of Plenty:  bdmon75

Minister of Truth:  HannaH

Deputy Minister of Truth:  Jaymillz

o/ Polaris

1 hour ago, Lord of Darkness said:

Here's to hoping Lestat returns eventually.

Congratulations on the promotion Grub. Does it come complete with a porch (or perhaps a podium) from which to yell at the kids disturbing your Regent duties?

I was born a grumpy old man.  

6 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

So you're going to take full credit for stabbing us in the back?  Cool.

The ultimate emo reaction to a peaceful end to a relationship that was no longer functioning validates the decisions made.  You got what you wanted, enjoy.

1 hour ago, AlmightyGrub said:

The ultimate emo reaction to a peaceful end to a relationship that was no longer functioning validates the decisions made.  You got what you wanted, enjoy.

I fail to understand how it was "no longer functioning" except that you needed to throw us under the bus for your greater ambitions.  Which is par for the course when it comes to Polaris, I suppose.

3 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

I fail to understand how it was "no longer functioning" except that you needed to throw us under the bus for your greater ambitions.  Which is par for the course when it comes to Polaris, I suppose.

So you just want to freeload, that's par on course for RIA.

2 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

I don't know what bus you keep referring to that I threw you under.  I just kicked you off of my bus, about a year ago.  Why is this even coming up?

2 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

No longer functioning?  You wanted to pull in the complete opposite direction to us, this was not functional.  Every decision you made, you made for yourself, we responded in the only practical terms.  You decided to be where you are and we decided to be where we are.  Take responsibility for your own actions, own the decisions you made and stop trying to emo-shift to us.

20 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

No longer functioning?  You wanted to pull in the complete opposite direction to us, this was not functional.  Every decision you made, you made for yourself, we responded in the only practical terms.  You decided to be where you are and we decided to be where we are.  Take responsibility for your own actions, own the decisions you made and stop trying to emo-shift to us.

RIA considered Polaris our most important ally, our closest friend, and ultimately we would have gone where you wanted to take us.

I don't care much about this dead world, and there probably isn't anyone active enough in RIA to tell me that I should shut up.  But I'll tell you that RIA basically died that night that you ditched us, without any effort at communication to try to repair any perceived damage in the relationship (probably because there was none, besides your plans to ditch us).  RIA drama at this point is equivalent to any other micro drama, I suppose.  I won't pretend we are important, I won't pretend that our greater political minds weren't long gone.  But to suggest that it was our choice to go in a different direction, and not yours, is nothing short of revisionist.

Perhaps that is just it, we were just too weak to be of any use to Polaris any more, and you needed to move on.  I'd believe it, hell, the alliance was inactive enough to elect me as a triumvir.  But don't pretend it was our choice.  Our choice would have always been to remain loyal to our cherished ally.  That was the decision of which you speak.

Edited by HeroofTime55