Rounding Error

Jesse End

I've been sent 100 tech, but am unable to accept it:

You have received an error trying to view a page. Here is the detailed error code: Sorry, but the sending nation no longer has the required amount of technology to send this aid package. Please delete this foreign aid proposal.

The sending nation has 100.00 tech on hand.

Just now, Blackatron said:

@Jesse EndThat nation has 99.998 technology, which rounds to 100.00:       

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display_charts.asp?Nation_ID=561770

If he buys 0.5 tech you should be fine

Thanks, I know he just has to buy 0.5 tech for me to accept it, but it's still a bug: the actual amount of tech on hand should be reflected on the nation display and tech purchase pages.

Well... it does, it shows the amount of tech to 2 d.p. and when rounded to 2 d.p. 99.998 is 100.00, this same thing comes up a lot with wonder purchases, where nations see that they meet the criteria, for example 3k infra for the MP, but when they try to buy it they are told they don't have enough because they are 2,999.997.

I don't agree with the way it is done, and would definitely like to see it change somehow, perhaps by always rounding downwards, but it has come up often enough here to make it clear that it isn't seen as a bug.

1 hour ago, Blackatron said:

Well... it does, it shows the amount of tech to 2 d.p. and when rounded to 2 d.p. 99.998 is 100.00, this same thing comes up a lot with wonder purchases, where nations see that they meet the criteria, for example 3k infra for the MP, but when they try to buy it they are told they don't have enough because they are 2,999.997.

I don't agree with the way it is done, and would definitely like to see it change somehow, perhaps by always rounding downwards, but it has come up often enough here to make it clear that it isn't seen as a bug.

It's clear to you and I, who have been around for a while and read these forums.

It's not clear to a new player, because the nation display page and tech purchase page show a rounded number that is not as accurate as what the game calculates.