Late to the shindig

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Alexio15 said:

Leader of TMG at the time raids Cobra by declaring 2 wars

I attacked them in defense of my alliance.

Nigel (I think his name was) hit one of my guys after a noob with no authority hit cobra. We were in the middle of negotiating a peaceful resolution when Nigel jumped the gun. So I retaliated.

As I recall Alexio, I sent you a pm during that episode, but you never got back to me. Though you guys were getting ready for your merge so perhaps you were just too busy to pay much attention to the situation.

Edited by Archangel1

4 hours ago, magicninja said:

Ah The Mages Guild. Took some digging on our forum. Overlord Wes needs to add them to the list.

Whoops, accidentally skipped over them when I updated with all of Atlas's protectorates; they had way too many :v

6 hours ago, Alexio15 said:

Why does everything have to be solved with stomping someone when it can be sorted diplomatically quite easily. And if I recall I believe tmg was in the wrong. Although would be jack or morphine to correct that 

Well this sums up how much GATO cared for their protectorates. Does he even know of the FACT that senior COBRA government member admitted to using multis, to spy on TMG and then provoke COBRA into launching attacks against TMG. 

Alexio is one incompetent administrator GaTO has. He is either that or he is lier. Anyway ex TMG nations that suffered millions in damages are still waiting for money promised by Alexio hi!self. This predates the COBRA spy attacks I am afraid.

6 hours ago, Alexio15 said:

Actually to further back my quote. http://www.cybernations.net/alliance_wars.asp?ID=14642

Leader of TMG at the time raids Cobra by declaring 2 wars, who are at the time in the now defunct mdoap bloc Magnus Opus. VG at the time when they was around was well within their rights to respond in force like they did.

Me being protector or liaison with protectorate, by definition of the protection agreement is under no obligation to defend them for their actions. The fact that I sorted the situation out diplomatically is more then most protectors would have done. So before Roal comes in here to elawyer don't try it you can't win with the facts.

Facts are out in the open. Nigel got kicked out for his actions against TMG. GK himselves released the message logs of Nigel admitting to spying and using the multi that started the TMG Cobra conflict. 

You didn't do anything. GK was accusing me of spying on TMG and it was I who baited Nigel into compromising his spies. Its all out in the open and I believe still exists in the thread. Go check it for your selves. I don't have to make this up.

5 hours ago, Archangel1 said:

I attacked them in defense of my alliance.

Nigel (I think his name was) hit one of my guys after a noob with no authority hit cobra. We were in the middle of negotiating a peaceful resolution when Nigel jumped the gun. So I retaliated.

As I recall Alexio, I sent you a pm during that episode, but you never got back to me. Though you guys were getting ready for your merge so perhaps you were just too busy to pay much attention to the situation.

Nigel countered after his own multi in TMG declared against COBRA. I have warmed you during the Monster Mash not to get into Atlas protection. This is what happens. They forget you people exists and then weave lies to defend their actions regarding your people. 

In a way Pres Hardin has served TMG better as an ally than ATLAs/GATO.

3 hours ago, Overlord Wes said:

Whoops, accidentally skipped over them when I updated with all of Atlas's protectorates; they had way too many :v

Believe me I would have been surprised if 99% of your members are even aware of TMG's existence. Alexio still knows them because I make it a point to remind him of them whenever he or his alliance makes news in OWF.

6 hours ago, Immortan Junka said:

I think what Roal36 was pointing out was a lack of a military response by GATO when TMG was attacked a while back, which, if true, makes it a valid point.

Depends a lot on circumstances. Was TMG fighting another micro? I think micros should be allowed to duke it out without much interference from protectors. Was TMG being dumb at the time, like raiding someone they shouldn't or something like that? Did GATO try diplomacy first?

If the world blew up every time there was micro drama, there'd never be peace.

Just now, Duderonomy said:

Depends a lot on circumstances. Was TMG fighting another micro? I think micros should be allowed to duke it out without much interference from protectors. Was TMG being dumb at the time, like raiding someone they shouldn't or something like that? Did GATO try diplomacy first?

Yeah we tried diplomacy and surprisingly it won the day something my fan boy doesn't seem to get. He just thinks the tanks should be rolled because he wanted to fight a easy war against MO. Hoping Atlas and co would do it for him and give him a victory strike. 

3 minutes ago, Duderonomy said:

A fair point, though it is sad that many older players forget that micros and new nations are people too. 

Regardless, best of luck to the warring parties. I'm sure this is a conflict GATO can handle.

10 minutes ago, Roal36 said:

But don't let small matters like TMG bother you people. Continue your valiant defense of NG from the jaws of death.

Did you even read the OP of this thread? I'm 99.999999% sure we came in on Avalanche due to them hitting TLR. Reading is fundamental. 

13 minutes ago, Duderonomy said:

Well if micros were allowed to duke it out with each other on fairly even footing, Planet Bob would certainly be more active.

But as to your question, no TMG was not at war with anyone at the time. Nor were they being dumb. The whole drama was started by Nigel and his ring of moles. Thankfully the situation was resolved before too much damage was done.

Probably because Sir William is one of the more reasonable people on the planet these days.

Edited by Archangel1

5 minutes ago, Archangel1 said:

Well if micros were allowed to duke it out with each other on fairly even footing, Planet Bob would certainly be more active.

All the more reason for Atlas to have stayed out no?

2 minutes ago, Sir Kiloist said:

No no no you see we was meant to roll the big bad meanies and their allies. Just no one told me otherwise

Edited by Alexio15

Just now, Sir Kiloist said:

Had it just been cobra vs TMG? Certainly.

However, as soon as the conflict started, Kashmir and VG got called in. 

But had the two AAs been left to their own devices, that would have been quite the micro light show. Their strength at that time was practically even.

3 minutes ago, Archangel1 said:

But had the two AAs been left to their own devices, that would have been quite the micro light show. Their strength at that time was practically even.

Yes but when it comes to a MDoAP bloc they tend to just jump in and defend from the bat. It is what happens in bloc's you hit one you hit all. Example NG gets countered whole of Oculus is at war.

Example 2 ODN gets hot whole of CnG is at war

3 minutes ago, Alexio15 said:

Yes but when it comes to a MDoAP bloc they tend to just jump in and defend from the bat. It is what happens in bloc's you hit one you hit all. Example NG gets countered whole of Oculus is at war.

Example 2 ODN gets hot whole of CnG is at war

Talk about sucking all the fun out of life. This is why the place dies.

If all the big boys were gone and the treaty web burned, I think the planet would have quite the Renaissance.

17 minutes ago, Archangel1 said:

Diplomacy settled this, no?

41 minutes ago, Roal36 said:

Believe me I would have been surprised if 99% of your members are even aware of TMG's existence. Alexio still knows them because I make it a point to remind him of them whenever he or his alliance makes news in OWF.

I'd be surprised if 99% of any alliance over 15 members was aware of TMG's existence lol. Or any alliance's existence other than their own for that matter

20 minutes ago, Alexio15 said:

No no no you see we was meant to roll the big bad meanies and their allies. Just no one told me otherwise

Lol I don't remember getting anything sent my way about wanting us in. I was the CoFA and you were absent for a few days during. 

32 minutes ago, Sir Kiloist said:

Diplomacy settled this, no?

Yes, after a talk with Sir William, General Kanabis became much more eager to negotiate. TMG and cobra arranged a NAP, and with the help of Roal36 Nigel and his moles were expelled. Everyone lived happily ever after.

Though I left the Guild before the treaty was signed.

Of course there was the matter of VG attacking AFTER cobra and TMG worked things out. But that was apparently a miscommunication.

Edited by Archangel1