Green Team - Vote for Sale

Waltz

You must be delusional to think that people will take you up on this. Although aid slots are not all that valuable for most nations, and $3M is a drop in the bucket, senate votes are largely allocated by alliances and the margins are dozens of votes.

I think you're correct Blackatron. Also selling votes is not going to led anyone to trust you, IE what would a alliance think of this when you try to join one. Will not look as good as completed tech trades as far as alliance concerns. 

Let's not shoot this down too quickly. If he had Political Lobbyists that's a potential 4 votes per Senate cycle. That could actually be pretty useful if someone was running an insurgent candidacy. But Green is certainly the wrong team to do this on. Maybe try a team colour with a greater diversity of alliance Senators.

11 hours ago, Ch33kY said:

Let's not shoot this down too quickly. If he had Political Lobbyists that's a potential 4 votes per Senate cycle. That could actually be pretty useful if someone was running an insurgent candidacy. But Green is certainly the wrong team to do this on. Maybe try a team colour with a greater diversity of alliance Senators.

You know the game better than I... and I agree with you about the Green team they have morals and would not like this. Maybe that"s why I'm green, or more likely  its the 1st alliance I was in game color before I left the game for a year?. I have  "Political Lobbyists"  however will not sell votes with or without tech.

I call upon green team to reject this utterly farcical attempt to bring money into politics and hand itself over to the corporations. If you don't crush this naked attempt at influence peddling now, your days will be numbered.

Auctor, I'm a small humble green team nation. I've have never been ask to sell my votes by anyone. You may check my tech deals you can see that no one has sent me cash for votes. I did vote for a green team senator so you view my nation and see that this is not something the green teams does. 

I hope a few green teams senators come by a confirm this. I'm just saying this from my own experience.  I'm not a official of the green team so I know what I say means little.  Just saying the green team would not like this vote selling by what I see.

Edited by anobubby

On ‎7‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:25 PM, anobubby said:

You know the game better than I... and I agree with you about the Green team they have morals and would not like this. Maybe that"s why I'm green, or more likely  its the 1st alliance I was in game color before I left the game for a year?. I have  "Political Lobbyists"  however will not sell votes with or without tech.

Perhaps I can make my answer a bit more nuanced. In the right conditions, selling your senate votes could be quite useful. At the current moment I am not aware of any insurgent senate campaigns, so it's probably a futile effort now. But in the past we have had senators running who relied on buying votes and currying favour with others so that they could get elected and wreak havoc. It has been quite successful. I doubt it will happen on green, but maybe yellow or maroon or pink or another colour with diverse politics and lots of smaller alliances.

By the way, I just looked up your nation and realised your the random person who sent me aid. Cheers.